Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Jozu staring at Ronaldo underwear pics while rubbing one out

I'm sure there are plenty of places on the internet whether it be an english RM forum or /r or maybe there is a forum just for Ronaldo to where you can incessantly fawn over him. Almost every other post of yours is just that and it's rather tiresome. I have no interest in the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate as is clearly obvious in that I barely post anything about Messi while you continue your Ronaldo cock slobbing. I find it interesting but not surprising in that 2 games can somehow cloud even recent history, though that's becoming the case in a lot of other facets in life as well.

If you want to get into facts we can go over his Morocco performance, his La Liga performance, how he scored in only 2 of 7 games at the Euro's but you talk as if he willed Portugal to the medal. How he averaged a goal a WC up until this one.

Furthermore I've been making comments on here since the WC started about interesting things for teams that should be good, not individual players and I even amended my Kroos criticism as it relates to Germany. If you want to talk about that then I'm happy to do so. Otherwise you can just fuck off.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fifa does need to eventually put an emphasis on stopping the holding/grabbing that defenders get away with in the box on free kicks/corners. Pretty amazing replay of 2 Swiss defenders not even looking for the ball just virtually tackling Serbian attacker while he's trying to get a head to a cross.

Szlia

Pretty cruel ending for the serbian team, but amazing counter attack by the swiss team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How come they didn't use VAR on that play? Is there some rule you can't use it in that situation?

Szlia

My understanding is that the referee cannot call for the video, it goes the other way around.

There are several refs behind monitors looking at the match (how many exactly I am not sure as I have heard conflicting reports). When there is a call that seems kinda fishy to them or might have been missed, they review the action through all available camera angles. When they decide to review it, I am pretty sure the ref in the game is notified (the tv commentators definitely are). If the video referees (I am not sure if it has to be unanimous or majority or what) estimate the ref' on the pitch blatantly missed a call or made a blatantly wrong call, they ask the ref' to stop the game and check the video. Upon seeing the video, the ref' can decide to go back to the missed call, change the call he made or just do nothing if even after seeing the video he feels he made the right call.

In the specific example of the swiss defenders sandwitching the serbian forward in the box, I am not even sure it got reviewed, but, if it did, the video referees felt the call against the serbian was the right one, or, at the very least, not unreasonable. You have to understand that in the replays we saw on TV we only get to see the end of the action, with all three guys hugging each others and falling, but the VAR people have multiple angles of everything that lead to that situation.

Merrith

It was pretty clear he was getting mugged by 2 guys in the box. They're obviously pretty inconsistent with calling that type of stuff though, so I'd go so far as to believe they won't even review every one, even though they should. Until they actually just start handing out penalties every time it will continue to happen, though. Part of me wishes they would do that, but there would be a short period of time when it'll be penalties galore.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not slobbing Ronaldo cock I'm fucking pointing out the guys accolades, in the middle of him achieving them.

Yea you did talk about the world cup quite a bit, but didn't really give him any credit for his hat trick and then game winner.

So you highlight my point. And when Argentina lost you gave Messi every excuse.

You hate Ronaldo, I don't. I guess we can just leave it there. But you have already admitted you don't like him, and he just keeps balling. *shrug*

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not slobbing Ronaldo cock I'm fucking pointing out the guys accolades, in the middle of him achieving them.

Yea you did talk about the world cup quite a bit, but didn't really give him any credit for his hat trick and then game winner.

So you highlight my point. And when Argentina lost you gave Messi every excuse.

You hate Ronaldo, I don't. I guess we can just leave it there. But you have already admitted you don't like him, and he just keeps balling. *shrug*

Hey everybody!!! Ronaldo scored a header in the 4th minute of the game against Morocco! The game then proceeded to be dominated by Morocco who only have themselves to blame for not getting a point at minimum while Ronaldo did nothing for the next 86 minutes of the game! But lets all give Ronaldo a big pat on the back for that header and not credit Portugal at all as a team!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you guys are missing the big picture which is that VAR is the WORST THING EVER. I'm starting to realize all the baseball purists who want(ed) to restrict replays to maintain the human element were right all along. Only thing I want to see is a goal line technology to determine if the ball crossed the line and the rest is up to the ref.
Also, Messi is a joke, he can only perform at the very high level when he has a team of absolute best players around him. Argentina as a team is an average European national team when it comes to talent. Neymar is a pussy and Ronaldo is a whiny girl and at the same time the best of them all.

Merrith

Maybe I'm in the minority, but VAR has been pretty spot on every time they've used it. I damn sure like them getting another look at potential penalty calls or reviewing a penalty call that should be overturned. Offside as well. Get it right.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Must of missed his performance against Spain. It was the stuff of legend, but of course you would gloss over that.

And that 4th minute header was the fucking difference in the game.

You still salty Liverpool got beat by RM. Ronaldo is still the best player on Earth, period. 4 years ago there might of been an argument, he put that shit to bed. If anything, Messi was supposed to rise as he is younger and Cristiano is only getting older. And then you had Neymar lurking, but Messi has watched Ronaldo lift all kinds of silverware and get BETTER, and Neymar is still finding himself as a player, and is not in the same atmosphere as Ronaldo right now, which NO ONE could have predicted.

Even the most anti Ronaldo talking heads in the media have had to eat crow and tip their cap and recognize the guy is performing at a historic level, and we should just appreciate it.

Anyway, looks like the knockout stage is gonna be interesting. There has been no dominant side so far except the hosts.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Fyi, this thread is much better with Brando on ignore. He's every stereotypical "new" football fan rolled into one

Utne

Molten Core Raider
TELEMMGLPICT000167268567-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqTpQNkEsZM9dtjYvDPpd1c1ZP8WjLaIaubKgrzCsV7p4.jpeg
Serbia ain't happy bout them Albanian eagles soaring.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Part of me wishes they would do that, but there would be a short period of time when it'll be penalties galore.

Chemo also sucks, but eventually it makes you better.

On unrelated news, BEL- TUN is awesome. Bronn scored lol

Szlia

A dumb thing to do, but for these guys whose life has been heavily influenced by the balkanic clusterfuck (both Xhaka and Shaqiri are from the albanian minority in Kosovo and their family fled the war to Switzerland in the '90s), it's probably a bit difficult to forget about it when they play against Serbia. I guess a stadium where all the russians were for Serbia and copiously whistled the swiss team also did not help.