Soccer 2017-2018

Szlia

I only saw the Portugal match today and had not seen their epic 3-3 against Spain. I was shocked at the number of bad passes they produced when attempting to attack. They seemingly always passed in the feet of people expecting the ball in the space which, obviously, resulted time and time again in passes ending 2 meters behind a guy running.... It suddenly makes it very hard to have any kind of offense going.

Luckily for Portugal, they have a guy that is dangerous on his own.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
His header today was sublime. It wasn't flashy or highlight reel material, but the way he worked his Moroccan marker by inside outing him for a horizontal plane snap push header, it looked like the ball was kicked into the net.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Iran deserved a little better, despite Spain's possession numbers.
Spain was lucky that nice dribble through legs of defender (Iran # 77) + hist cross and beautiful header (Iran # 17 Mekoi) did not tie in the 81st minute.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Incredibly soft penalty.
Not sure I'm liking var. Sure, for the most part they are technicall

• 1Like

Utne

Molten Core Raider
We're playing horribly. Our offense is non existent. The referee being shit isn't helping, but damn.

Aussies definitely been better in the 2nd half than us.

Last edited:

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
France looks less bad this time, or maybe Peru is just bad.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eh? I thought France looked just as bad as the first game and got lucky Peru were so wasteful. Why protect Kante like that? He’s arguably the best DM in the world and does great in space. Instead they shackle Pogba to the deepest mid and ask Matuidi to be the ball progressor? They need Evra to stop mocking women on TV and come back to start a mutiny again for Zidane.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Could'nt find time for France Peru earlier but liking Croatia so far. Decent pace and aggression from Croatia, certainly not playing conservative, showing no fear.
Argentina is asleep, on Argentina time perhaps, just like.... Mesi Mesi Mesi.... is.... mia as usual.

Game feels like it is just a matter of time before someone red carded for an angry hateful rage foul.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I am hoping that Croatia can take this game from Argentina, but in the end I am rooting for Iceland to win it all!

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh? I thought France looked just as bad as the first game and got lucky Peru were so wasteful. Why protect Kante like that? He’s arguably the best DM in the world and does great in space. Instead they shackle Pogba to the deepest mid and ask Matuidi to be the ball progressor? They need Evra to stop mocking women on TV and come back to start a mutiny again for Zidane.
I guess at least I'm french, not argentinian.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Wow Croatia looks pretty good. Should of been red card on the kick at Rakitics face eh?

• 1Solidarity