Soccer 2017-2018

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might have been offside on the very first pass, Stone was way offside when the ball came in. But everything after that was clean, so who knows.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wished they'd give penalties for that all the time until defenders learn not to grab the attacking players. I don't care if it results in 3-4 penalties per match, eventually it would stop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Grats on that negative 8 goal differential, Panama. Glad we got to watch this complete fucking retard Central American nothing team instead of the US.

• 1Picard

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Grats on that negative 8 goal differential, Panama. Glad we got to watch this complete fucking retard Central American nothing team instead of the US.

US couldn't even beat Trinidad & Tobago

• 1Like

Szlia

It will be interesting to see Belgium and England when they will face teams that are able to somewhat defend. Obviously that will not happen when they will face each other... on top of that, it will be a match with limited stakes (group H being homogeneous), unless the big teams in the previous groups all end up in the same side of the draw.

About Group H, very nice game between Japan and Senegal. Senegal must be a bit miffed to have lead twice and still not manage to win. Japan must be a bit miffed to have missed several opportunities that should have gotten them the win. Watch this group end with 4 teams with 4 points!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just saw a lady with her infant and I can't help but think of stadium riots, or when a ref killed a player and got beheaded...

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
US couldn't even beat Trinidad & Tobago
US was admittedly fucking garbage this year, so fighting over scraps of the least common denominator is more or less whatever at this point. That said, there is a plethora of very good teams this year, even if "we don't really care about soccer," America, isn't included.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
alright time to watch Lewandowski be shit and worthless again

(if he can't score with this anti-jinx, you know he's the most overrated striker in all of Europe)

Szlia

So...

Group A: Russia vs Uruguay for the 1 and 2 spots. Egypt and Saudi Arabia out.

Group B: Spain, Portugal and Iran fighting for 2 spots, Morocco out.

Group C: France is through (#1 if they win or draw), Denmark and Australia indirectly fighting for the other spot, Peru is out.

Group D: Croatia is through (#1 unless they get crushed by Iceland while Nigeria crushes Argentina), Nigeria, Argentina and Iceland fight it out for the other spot.

Group E: Brazil, Switzerland and Serbia fighting for 2 spots, Costa Rica out.

Group F: No one is through, no one is out, but it would take some crazy scenario for Mexico to not go through or for South Korea to not be out (Germany and Sweden are the other two teams).

Group G: England vs Belgium for the 1 and 2 spots. Tunisia and Panama out.

Group H: Japan, Senegal and Colombia fighting for 2 spots. Poland out.

As you can see, the two semi surprises at this point are the eliminations of Poland (despite an easy qualification campaign) and of Egypt (the group sounded easy, but Salah's injury did not help). It is still possible for one of Spain or Portugal to not go through, and also for Argentina, Brazil and Germany to not go through. Teams that you most of the time would expect to qualify after two matches. Soccer being what it is, I would not be surprised if all 5 of these teams go through, with one of them lifting the trophy in three weeks!

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If we win against SK 2:1, and Sweden beats Mexico 2:1, we'll be eliminated because of Boateng's yellow/red.

Awesome.

Last edited:

Szlia

Just hope the swedes and mexicans have the brilliant idea to remove their jersey in their goal celebrations!

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Portugal and Spain could end up drawing lots. So Ronaldo could be going home by virtue of picking a name out of a hat.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Portugal and Spain could end up drawing lots. So Ronaldo could be going home by virtue of picking a name out of a hat.

Only way this happens is if they both lose by the same score today (to Iran and Morocco) and have the exact same Fair Play score bs. When you only need a draw to assure going through can't complain if you lose.