Soccer 2017-2018

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Argentina game of last week, was fucking awful, hopefully they win and move to the next round. If no I will be super sad.
What for?

Argentina is a fucking mess. They went through like 10 coaches in the last 15 years. The current coach rotated 48 players through the team in the one year he's held the job.

They barely know each other, unless they play at club level. It is utterly corrupt and broken, and their results are the result.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man...heading it down and it catches the hand. Yeah I don't think I'd like that for it to be a penalty.

Szlia

We'll note that a majority of the fine people in the VAR room thought a penalty should have been given for the semi-missed header that bounced on the defender's arm... luckily the ref' on the pitch said nope.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
That was not a penalty. It was defensive play without any interaction with the offensive player.

I can sort of understand the one where the offensive player, bounced the wall off his head, into the defenders arm. Even he clearly headed it "downward".

You can tell it was not intentional, but I can understand it, as it interfered with an offensive play. On this one, the defender jumper alone and almost whiffed on the ball. The offensive player was not involved at all.

There should be more leeway in the use of an indirect kick. Right now its too much , penalty or nothing, but there are faults that are not severe enough to merit a penalty, that should be given to a team.

A clear example can be the Iceland Nigeria play where the guy was not in a scoring position and was swept from behind, by mistake. Literally he was running in the opposite direction of the goal. I think those plays should have an indirect kick or something not as severe as a penalty, but that it rewards the team receiving the foul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

The only indirect free kicks in the box I have ever seen is for keepers grabing with the hands intentional passes from a teammate. Those are pretty funny :p

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They would have to change the rules to allow for more of those. A penalty is too stiff of a punishment, an indirect kick can be a happy medium.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Sad to see us leave but not unwarrented. Played well for the most part across the three games but without a cutting edge up front, you can't expect to get far. No goals from open play is a pretty pathetic return from all our possession and passing etc.

Szlia

Talking about Neuer and hands shaking... that free kick... palms are sweaty and almost mom's spaggetti!

That's the only thing I saw in the first half though... might catch more of the 2nd

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Is Germany going to save their shit in the last few minutes? Again?

Doesn't look like it.