Soccer 2017-2018

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is this possible? England wins a penalty shootout? What were the odds at the bookies for that?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
both teams involved in that should get sent home

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Neymar is smiling @ that disgusting lowering of level of sportsmanship yep.

Otherwise a fun match, grats to English, you guys definitely deserved the win, its a decent bunch of young lads. Maybe B-teaming Belgium was not such a bad idea after all !

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I lost some confidence in Southgate after that. Columbia did a good job of muddying up the game, they really didn't have a choice with James out and Mina certainly showed why Barca got him last year (though they supposedly want to move him on now) this tournament. With that said, the English subs were ridiculous and almost cost them the game. Columbia's only chance was a set piece so let's get more defensive and give up possession? What did Vardy even do the whole time he was on the field let alone Dier? They should dispatch Sweden but whoever they get in the semi I'm certainly not as confident now as I was before the game of them winning it.

Szlia

It's not exactly clear how Sweden will score against England, but, at the same time, when the amazing english armada that felt so great after discarding Panama played against a somewhat competent defense, it resulted in a single goal on a penalty kick, so it's also not exactly clear how they plan to score against one of the best organized team of the tournament.

Maul

Dental Dammer
IMG-20180704-WA0000.jpg

Utne

Molten Core Raider
God I hate Sweden.. But I think England is gonna have a tough time against them, might even go to another penalty shoot out. Only chance of opening that defense up is getting an early goal. Augustinsson and Granqvist have been two of the best defenders in this tournament and they ain't slowing down now. Only redeeming factor is that their offense is terrible, even worse than ours was.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Neymar is going to go down against Belgium anyway, so they might as well give him a reason.

Witsel is qualified

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man these past two days have absolutely SUCKED without the World Cup on. Think now England are past Colombia they've got a real shot at making the Final. Croatia were really poor last week, though they'd still have to be the favorites to come out of that side.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Here's my pics for the next two days:

France v Uruguay - I think this has a chance to be the worst game of the four. Uruguay will be hoping to nab a goal and shut up shop which they are very good at. Deschamps tactics mean it will be Giroud/Griezmann/Mpabbe vs. 9 defenders while the rest of the team keep their shape. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. France to get a fluke goal for the win.

Belgium v Brazil - Best defense in the tournament vs. Best offense in the tournament and yet Brazil is #2 or #3 in most offensive metrics as well. Belgium is going to want the ball, that's just the way Spanish Bob is so Brazil will be counter attacking vs. a De Bruyne/Witsel midfield. I think it's a mismatch in that case and Brazil stomp them. Should be a fun watch regardless.

Russia v Croatia - Russia has no business being here aside for them being "well rested" for each game. Croatia isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut but they're sound defensively and should be too much for Russia.

Sweden v England - I'm not as high on England as I was before the tournament. They've really created very little from open play in the tournament. I think Alli hasn't recovered from whatever knock he took and Sterling is having to do the work of two players to compensate. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if Sweden steals this even though they aren't as good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

If Cavani were fit to play, I would have given the edge to Uruguay, but, last I heard, he is not, so I suspect France will go through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I’m amazed Tolisso was picked over N’zonzi, maybe there is hope for this game.