Soccer 2019/2020

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Think just like any other sport there's going to be a hiatus announced shortly for all leagues if not outright cancellation. Rumor is the Euros will be 2021 now.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So there's a chance we'll get to be the Champions League holders for another season?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Let's just hope they still give us the PL title at this point. London based media will all push for just a straight cancellation is my guess.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's just hope they still give us the PL title at this point. London based media will all push for just a straight cancellation is my guess.

Could they really do that with a straight face given the lead?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If any leading club was up 15+ on the 2nd place club in mid-March I'd be fine with them ending the season and crowning that team the champs due to a worldwide national emergency. It would be a slap in the face to the integrity of the game if they just cancelled it and moved on like nothing happened.

I'd prefer they finish the season out in April with no fans.

faille

Molten Core Raider
faille faille how is this affecting your travel plans? Presumably you had everything booked?
Made the tough decision to cancel our trip on friday, which was pretty heartbreaking. We figured the travel bans are just going to get worst until we were due to depart, and our itinerary took us via Taiwan for a couple of days and then Amsterdam before arriving in England, and same back, which just ads more risk to use spreading it. The biggest factor was so many of the thing we wanted to do in England probably won't happen. Ie, no soccer games or victory parade, west end will probably be shut and probably tourist attractions.

Luckily all but one of our accomadation was booked on airbnb with free cancellation options. The flights are still booked atm but we're expecting them to be cancelled otherwise we'll have to eat a 1100 cancellation fee.

The most annoying part is finding out our travel insurance had exclusions for epidemics / pandemics and is also non refundable even though we haven't entered out travel period. We'll be chasing that one up...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Since I watch soccer pretty religiously I don't find it odd I'm watching Liga MX but I wonder how many degenerates are watching this for the first time since there is nothing else to watch?

Maul

Dental Dammer
If any leading club was up 15+ on the 2nd place club in mid-March I'd be fine with them ending the season and crowning that team the champs due to a worldwide national emergency. It would be a slap in the face to the integrity of the game if they just cancelled it and moved on like nothing happened.

I'd prefer they finish the season out in April with no fans.
Just cancel the season and start again next year, nothing of value will be lost really by skipping it.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just cancel the season and start again next year, nothing of value will be lost really by skipping it.

How do they decide Champions League spots for next year? Isn't it a giant amount of money that comes in for making it? Leicester might be annoyed if this season ends up not counting at all.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How do they decide Champions League spots for next year? Isn't it a giant amount of money that comes in for making it? Leicester might be annoyed if this season ends up not counting at all.

Or you know 2 matches from title and robbed.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Or you know 2 matches from title and robbed.
Going by the clubs history of close failures and implosions, it's more likely than not Man City would win it this year anyway.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Obviously more important things going on in the world, but hard not to dream about being in liverpool for a match against chelsea today, ideally in the stadium, and looking forward to the parade next week. oh well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blues beat shitty then the title is ours.

2020 the worst year so naturally it’s when I get to see both of my teams win.(Chiefs/reds)