Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ahahahah
sun.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jesus. England truly is fucking cursed.

What did they do in 66 in order to sway the football gods then? Or did they cheat or something?

edit: 11 ! own goals in this tournament, more than the previous 15 Euros combined.

Last edited:

Szlia

11 ! own goals in this tournament, more than the previous 15 Euros combined.
To be fair, there has been way more matches in this edition and I suspect that, without the VAR, several of these own goals would have been attributed to the striker whose shot got deflected or to the attacking player that pressured the defender into error.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
England I thought, aside from the first 20 minutes, were very very poor and offered almost nothing. Attempting to hold a lead for 87 minutes is a strategy I guess. Also, not sure of the semantics, but the notion that a 19 year old kid, who's never taken a penalty in his professional life goes 5th in a Euro final is a disgrace. Kudos to Saka for having to stones to step up, but what are the senior players doing here? The manager? It's bizarre - as bizarre as bringing on a completely out of form and confidence-less Rashford, and another kid who has barely played all summer to kick 3/4.

Szlia

If the substitutes score, Southgate is labeled a tactical genius, if they don't he's an idiot. If he does not sub people in and some tired starters miss, he is an idiot.... tough job ! I still feel that subbing people in at the last minute to shoot a penalty is weird. But again, when would you sub them in ? At the start of the extra time ? At the half of the extra time ? Pretty sure you don't want Rashford as a defender for that long ! Yeah... tough job.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rashford did what he wanted, sending keeper wrong way, he just trimmed it too close and hit the post. Guys like Sterling just watching a 19 year old have to step up as the 5th shooter in the Euro Final is just ridiculous, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

I feel bad for Messi. You can tell he was really hurt by having to leave Barca.

I believe his claim of taking 50% less to stay. No reason for him to throw that out there. I do really believe he wanted to stay but literally couldnt. Barca lost their best ever player, maybe the best player ever period, because of gross mismanagement.

A fucking embarassment.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

Messi has signed a two-year contract with the Ligue 1 side, with the option of extending for a further year. Sources told ESPN's Julien Laurens that Messi is expected to earn between €30-35 million ($35-41 million) net a year.

• 1Barf

faille

Molten Core Raider
So good to be back and with crowds again.
We're off to a good start and look more like confident team of 2 seasons ago.
Always good to see Man City spend 100m on a play and still lose.

Jozu

What a wild fucking transfer summer.

Messi and Ronaldo both make tremendous moves in the twilight of their respective careers.

Ronaldo will stay in Manchester for 3 years and come to the US when he is 39-40 to close out his career.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Ronaldo with two towering headers to snatch a W away from Ireland in the last 3 minutes, and becomes the top goal scorer ever in mens international football.

I love Messi but he just doesnt have the ability to score in the air like that. Headers are a huge part of Ronaldo's offensive game, whereas Messi almost never scores with his head.

• 1Like