Soccer 2022–2023 (EPL, La Liga, etc)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
USMNT rainbow badge bullshit means I’m hoping Wales and England embarrass Pulisic and co (shouldn’t be hard, we suck).

Brazil has an absurd talent pool, England could go far but will be letdown by shit coaching, Argentina is my pick.

Fuck France (except Saliba)

Stoked for next week, going to be odd eating turkey watching footy
There's no way England doesn't make it through the group stage. The only question will be if Wales is better than the US or not(I think they are and I hope they embarrass us). Our Forwards are probably the best part of the team, but Reyna is young and very overrated, and Pulisic is part of a Chelsea team that is in absolute shambles lately. And we're absolute shit at the back. I'd say Scally or Dest are probably our best defenders and even they're pretty "meh". Fortunately, Turner is a pretty solid goalkeeper and will probably save a lot of shit the defenders are going to let through.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't even tell you what the US teams system is. Now at minute 71 and they are up 1-0 and I don't even get what they are trying to do. I don't expect this team to have the legs to make it far but I'll keep hoping.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Told you our backline was absolute shit. What a fucking garbage tackle that was totally unnecessary by Zimmerman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How did Saudi Arabia manage to beat Argentina?

Maul

Dental Dammer
Told you our backline was absolute shit. What a fucking garbage tackle that was totally unnecessary by Zimmerman.
0-1-day-without-jewish-tricks-the-simpsons.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
How did Saudi Arabia manage to beat Argentina?
Argentina was super sloppy on the attack early, they put the ball in the net 4 times but were clearly offsides on three of them. The Saudis are pretty legit, they played well, and by the time Argentina turned it on and started looking like Argentina, it was too late. But they dominated the last 35 minutes completely.

Szlia

It's been a while since I watched some good old fashioned association football. Checking some highlights of that Saudi Arabia win and today watching the Germany vs Japan match... I have a question. What's up with the ungodly amount of additional time ? It was like 12 minutes in Argentina vs Saudi Arabia and 8 minutes in the match today (2 goals, 3 subs, 0 injuries... how does that add up to 8 minutes ???) Is that something that has been going on for a while or is this something they are experimenting with at this World Cup ?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Blue Samurai were great. England look good, helps having lil chili best player in the world

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's been a while since I watched some good old fashioned association football. Checking some highlights of that Saudi Arabia win and today watching the Germany vs Japan match... I have a question. What's up with the ungodly amount of additional time ? It was like 12 minutes in Argentina vs Saudi Arabia and 8 minutes in the match today (2 goals, 3 subs, 0 injuries... how does that add up to 8 minutes ???) Is that something that has been going on for a while or is this something they are experimenting with at this World Cup ?

They are adding on all the time wasted when the ball is out of play etc

Szlia

Ossoi Ossoi I am well aware of the idea behind the extra time, but as far as I can remember, the norm was like around 3 minutes and it took very special circumstances, like injuries or technical difficulties to see it balloon to 5 or 6 minutes. 8 minutes for a half like we saw in the Germany vs Japan match is mind blowing to me. Checking the VOD, it was also 4 min in the first half that had no substitution, no injury and one penalty kick. So my question remains : is that a new thing, a thing that has been going on in the last few years or not really a thing and these two matches were just weird (conspiracy theorists would say suspicious) ?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ossoi Ossoi I am well aware of the idea behind the extra time, but as far as I can remember, the norm was like around 3 minutes and it took very special circumstances, like injuries or technical difficulties to see it balloon to 5 or 6 minutes. 8 minutes for a half like we saw in the Germany vs Japan match is mind blowing to me. Checking the VOD, it was also 4 min in the first half that had no substitution, no injury and one penalty kick. So my question remains : is that a new thing, a thing that has been going on in the last few years or not really a thing and these two matches were just weird (conspiracy theorists would say suspicious) ?

No, you're reading it wrong.

We always had "injury time" but it never stopped the clock every time the ball went out of play for a throw in, goal kick, corner, celebrations etc. They are now adding everything on.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've got it on in the background whilst I'm working. Every time I glance over it seems to be near the Belgium box, with some end to end moments in the Canada box. What's going on lol