Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
ZzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzz, congrats Leicester... I guess. Hard to imagine that side against Bayern, Barcelona etc but will be cool to see. Better than Spurs I guess

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
ZzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzz, congrats Leicester... I guess. Hard to imagine that side against Bayern, Barcelona etc but will be cool to see. Better than Spurs I guess
how can you be apathetic about Leicester winning it? They've done it on a fraction of the transfer and wage budget of the traditional big teams. Everyone who isn't a fan of a team still in the race is behind them, so almost the entire Country.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
how can you be apathetic about Leicester winning it? They've done it on a fraction of the transfer and wage budget of the traditional big teams. Everyone who isn't a fan of a team still in the race is behind them, so almost the entire Country.
Can't help but love seeing them grind out wins like they have too. Keeping clean sheets and always finding a way to squeeze out a goal, although Vardy did make it 2-0 very late today, it's just their year.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Can't help but love seeing them grind out wins like they have too. Keeping clean sheets and always finding a way to squeeze out a goal, although Vardy did make it 2-0 very late today, it's just their year.
yep, when was last time they conceded. Schmeichel and 2 Leicester defenders in a fantasy football team is an easy 18 points minimum every week

Merrith

yep, when was last time they conceded. Schmeichel and 2 Leicester defenders in a fantasy football team is an easy 18 points minimum every week
During the game today (I believe it was in the 2nd half) they mentioned it's been over 400 minutes since Schmeichel conceded a goal

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm not bothered really, the game itself this morning was absolutely dire though.

Also, fuck me is Mancs defense bad. Spurs looked good today

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Leicester story is great. With that said I do think it took an amazing confluence of events to occur, the question then is will that be the new normal in the EPL? I think it's certainly possible with the increased money each club has now to where anybody should be able to put together a decent squad. As LFC showed in 13/14 if you only on average have 1 game a week and you get lucky with injuries you can make a very consistent and quality team. Granted we had Suarez but Vardy and Mahrez combined are basically the same goals/assists numbers. For Leicester specifically I think the issue will again be the same as LFC in that they'll feel the need to expand the squad for the CL while possibly losing one of Vardy/Mahrez or both and then having more games which gives a greater chance for injury which they've been very lucky with this year.

Anyway, I'm optimistic for the Thursday as I think Klopp knows exactly how to set the team up for big games and if we get past Dortmund then I like our chances of getting a trophy. Should be a good one regardless.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Leicester story is great.
It is and I'm happy for the true fans but watching all these Asian fans switch their loyalties from Liverpool, United, gooners etc is so fucking annoying. Watched some video of them talking about being a Kopite last year and now they are Foxes.

Yes I know welcome to the word of bandwagon fans.

PKS

N00b
If Leicester wins, it has to be up there with one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. It's just not meant to happen. It's not meant to be possible. It's even more crazy than all of the age old rags to glory stories we all see in film, books and folk lore - this isn't some knock-out competition.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Spuds and Arse are the only other teams on track to get above 72 points which historically in the EPL is 4th place, again it took every other team in the league just being no where near what is typical for the top teams in terms of points. Is that a function of the new money and better squads or just every other normally top team have a terrible year together? In looking at the squads West Ham, Southampton and Stoke have put together I think it's going to be the new norm but I guess we'll see.

Merrith

Ronaldo saves Real, and Man City manage to get through that clusterfuck of a tie with PSG.