Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
No argument there. On another night or another team we would have been embarrassed. Which I was afraid of when I saw Gabriel and Chambers in. And sure enough Coutinho hits the woodwork on an amazing drive in the first few min of the game. You guys would have won for sure if it wasn't for Cech and Coq. But that's why you play the match. You should have have been out of reach but you didn't score which is why I can't help but be aggrieved by that miscall.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
5kZlrGy.png

aYfHE1F.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
LFC were easily the better team in the first half despite the incorrect offside call. Rodgers decided to play for a draw way too soon, the gameplan was to let Arsenal have the ball and attack and try to hit them on the counter attack.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Charts are great for arguments. Stats too.

I love when Atlanta Braves fans tell you the Braves won over 1000 games in 10 years. That's a truly extraordinary stat. But no one outside of Braves fans give a shit, the rest of us remember they only won 1 damn title in all that time.

PKS

N00b
I don't mind the graph. But it's not easy to compare 1 team to another as one team might have had a different amount of away games or par games at that point in time. But it's useful when to judge how your team is doing, individually, against the par line however.

Also how the data is presented - it trickles along nicely and BOOM! A team loses 2 par3 games and end up with a line emulating a cliff dive.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I like it solely for how it considers the games that have been played so far and the expected performance in those games. I think too much is made out of one game, it's a 38 game schedule and a lot can happen so to say that one team is doing considerably better than the other when the schedules can widely differ in the level of competition just gives a reference point to refer back to.

In theory Chelsea looks quite a bit better right now than what most people would say about their start while ManC already is starting a nice cushion. I'm guessing Southampton will be off the graph by week 10.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow I cant believe Everton is going to get 40$million for Stones.

They just paid 3 million not even 2 years ago.

Pogba might go for 70 million. If Chelsea gets Pogba along with Pedro, Hazard and a healthy Costa that would be ridiculous. Even if they dont all play together that is incredible depth to go along with Willian, Fabregas, and Oscar.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I read that it was ?33 million ($52 million) for Stones.

edit: Looks like De Bruyne is going to City for ?80 million. I think he's great, but that price is insane.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Everton actually won't get anywhere near 40m pounds for Stones, they still owe Chelsea something like 18m on Lukaku which is due next Monday and then Barnsly has a 15% sell-on fee supposedly. Also considering Stones is on 30k a week (which is why he wants to leave) and the wages of the new players they bring in more than likely they would only be able to afford one player.

As far as ManC, I don't see how you're going to fit Silva, Aguero, Toure, Sterling and De Bruyne in the same team and have any semblance of balance unless Fernandinho plays out of his mind like he did against Chelsea but now every game. Toure is almost laughably bad now at defending anything in the midfield. Against most teams it won't matter as they'll just blow them away but I could certainly see them getting cut open rather easily on the counter.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Group A:
Paris St Germain
Real Madrid
Donetsk
Malm? FF

Group B:
PSV Eindhoven
Manchester United
CSKA Moscow
VfL Wolfsburg