Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, Klopp seems to have our road games figured out already. Now we need to get the Anfield games right. In looking at the schedule LFC is certainly setup to make a run now.

PKS

N00b
Both Arsenal and City losing is beautifully timed. United normally keep dropping points when rivals lose, and today was almost the same!
United played a lot of the top 10 already but they have Leicester and West Ham next, close up at the top... please win these and get some day light at the top perhaps ? Couldn't imagine this being the situation at the start of the season. If United are just a 'top 4' team then they are most likely going to trip up a few times in these next 6 games. (Leicester A, West Ham H, Bournemouth A, Norwich H, Stoke A, Chelsea H, Swansea H). If not.... come on!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I refuse to believe a team can consistently play as shitty as ManU and win anything. Their game today against Watford was terrible. Hopefully the Jamie Vardy show rolls on next week.

PKS

N00b
Yet here we are, near the top, great defensive record and playing pretty much without any true striking force. With a clear run of games ahead. I said before in predictions that I expected Man City to falter, and now they have so it was just a matter of keeping up with them until. Didn't expect Leicester to keep up the pace but that'll soon dissipate next week. I'm pretty confused by the whole thing still though to be honest. Almost duped into thinking Utd could win something, as it doesn't make sense on paper... l v g . . .

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Leicester have gotten 20 goals against them.. all the other teams that have conceded 20 or more are #15-20. I really doubt they are gonna be able to outscore opponents for the entire season.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
ManU has played only Arsenal and Everton away, it certainly hasn't been a daunting run of games so far and yet every game seems like a struggle to just even get a goal. They may pull it off but if even Scholes is saying that would be more due to the poorness of other teams than the strength of ManU then I'd say that says something.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As a team goal, yes. I don't see how anybody could really stop that. Hoping for a healthy Bayern and Barca to square off unlike the last 2 years.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So we have Arsenal with a pretty good chance of getting dropped to the Europa and then ManU and Chelsea in with a chance. Yet ManU could be leading the league come Saturday, dear god....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we have Arsenal with a pretty good chance of getting dropped to the Europa and then ManU and Chelsea in with a chance. Yet ManU could be leading the league come Saturday, dear god....
That's gonna be some miracle if Arsenal manages to win 0:2 or better in Pir?us. Europe league it is for them. At least fourth place is impossible, even if Bayern were to throw the match.

And ManU... If they lose in Wolfsburg, a draw would suffice for Eindhoven to secure second place. And Eindhoven might just win, in which case ManU needs to win as well. B is clearly the most interesting group after 5 matches.

Chelsea is looking better. Kiev will definitely beat the Jews, but a draw would still suffice. But what about Porto? Assuming they all end up with 11 points, who is last? Porto beat Chelsea, Kiev beat Porto and Chelsea beat Kiev. Is it goal difference then?

It sucks to get eliminated with 11 points, but that's how groups with a shitty, worthless victim team go.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
There was an Arsenal group 2 years ago I think where Napoli had 11 points but ended up third due to the goal difference. I am not sure how the permutations in the Chelsea group end up. But basically all the games between the 3 teams are counted. Who has the most points, goal difference etc.

As for Arsenal, I think we will do it. Or it will be the Arsenal way and we will win 1:0 and drop out again due to the away goal difference. I am confident though. Got a few players back, hopefully Theo will be back for that game as well. We've never beaten them in Greece but we had already qualified each time we played them. What a gigantic fuckup that was at home against them.

IMO ManU has the hardest chance to qualify. Away at Wolfsburg will be tough, I can't see them winning that game in current form.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
As for Arsenal, I think we will do it. Or it will be the Arsenal way and we will win 1:0 and drop out again due to the away goal difference.
Nah, the Arsenal way would be squeezing through by the skin of your teeth and grabbing second place. The #InWengerWeTrust brigade would then come out and say 'Told you so!'. You then promptly draw Barcelona in the next round and get absolutely murdered by Messi, Suarez and Neymar over two legs and go out in the last 16 stage. Again.

Div

Hahahaha touche. That is more the Arsenal way. God if we go through I hope we don't get Barca. I'll take anyone else.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Good weekend for LFC even with a pretty abject home performance. 6 points off the top and 4 off 4th. Will Arsenal have any healthy players left? The Sanchez story sounds ridiculous with Wenger playing him even though he was already hurt.

Div

Not sure how severe the latest injuries are for Arsenal. But that could very well be season over. I can't believe Wenger didn't go for Schneinderlin. Or any other outfield player, and of course we are in a massive injury crisis. Everyone saw that coming.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just sorted my ticket for Saints v Liverpool tomorrow. Only ?18.

Have fun watching it on TV nerds

Neki

Molten Core Raider
You live in Liverpool, Ossoi?

It's quite a long journey down to Southampton if you do