Bronze Baronet of the Realm
cazic.jpg
mithmarr.jpg

• 10Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you're telling me these Russians are so dumb they didn't buy SOE (DBG) at a huge discount for their IP, their talent, or their financials (which would have been a sign of bad judgment), but they bought a video game studio as a way to launder American dollars????? What crook is so stupid that sees Krono as a good investment to wash money?

I've heard that it's sometimes useful to have a company that's barely staying afloat so you can do creative accounting to make the company appear to lose or earn money as needed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've heard that it's sometimes useful to have a company that's barely staying afloat so you can do creative accounting to make the company appear to lose or earn money as needed.

Lose money!?! SOE lookin like a supermodel to them oligarchs-- just drooling all over that acquisition paperwork!

That's one hot bleedin bitch!

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I mean...

A 20 year old game not in the spotlight, with an in game currency that directly exchanges for American dollars...which also happens to be controlled however they wish.

They could create Kronos all day long, or station cash, and turn bad money in to good and also profit/loss as needed.

Honestly sounds like a pretty good strategy to get some laundering going..how many games does DBG run? H1Z1? Does that sell skins and shit for American dollars? Fuck man they could have more people on a team funneling money than they do on customer service teams. Spin the wheel all day long as needed....

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean...

A 20 year old game not in the spotlight, with an in game currency that directly exchanges for American dollars...which also happens to be controlled however they wish.

They could create Kronos all day long, or station cash, and turn bad money in to good and also profit/loss as needed.

Honestly sounds like a pretty good strategy to get some laundering going..how many games does DBG run? H1Z1? Does that sell skins and shit for American dollars? Fuck man they could have more people on a team funneling money than they do on customer service teams. Spin the wheel all day long as needed....
They run quite a lot of games really. EQ1 and EQ2 both of which still probably have ~50-100k players, Planetside 2 which still probably has a fair amount of players, DCUO which apparently hasn't closed down yet somehow, H1Z1 which does have crates/keys system although the game is more or less dead nowadays after PUBG and Fortnite, D&D online which is probably only a small amount of players and LOTRO which still releases expansions and shit so I assume they're like EQ/EQ2 and has a fair amount of players still, a lot of which are probably whales and shit that have been playing for 10years now plus it's F2P and sells a bunch of shit.

So overall, it does seem like a very solid low profile portfolio with a fair amount of fake currency being generated everyday. All these games have cash shop systems and the mmos especially have all the usual mmo systems that some people can't seem to stop using like race changes, name changes, server transfers and so on, as well as some F2P games thrown in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Everquest was one of those games where even if 100 people played on one server, people would still be selling shit for $600+.

Prolly best laundering game in the entire world

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Everquest was one of those games where even if 100 people played on one server, people would still be selling shit for $600+.

Prolly best laundering game in the entire world

How long until the FBI invites the heavy krono farmers in for "a small chat"?

"Were you aware that the 13 pairs of efreeti boots you sold were to Viktor Reznov, known associate of Vladmir Putin?!"

• 2Like

tyen

<Banned>
“I know that we have a big question that’s outstanding, and I can’t really talk too much about it.” -Community Manager Jerry Snook

lol. If I was in any PR position at Daybreak, I'd get the fuck out now. Anything you say or do could be really fucking bad if these nerds are the smoking gun for Mueller's "Russian Campaign contribution" agenda

tyen

<Banned>
Wish cindy bowens still worked there so she could get arrested for lying to the FBI about something stupid as Columbus Nova not acquiring them.

Would be epic hilarious to see all the Rathe Council crew lying to the FBI the same way, and Furor comin at them with Mueller in toe.

YOU HAVE 5 DAYS

tyen

<Banned>
Just want to be clear who the big dick is around these parts in relation to EQ....Also fuck you guys, spamming works everytime.

rogerstone.png

• 2Like

tyen

<Banned>
their response, im high...savior of EQ is me, incase you were wondering

image.png

• 2Like