SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
trump, mueller, a_skeleton_03, olscratch, keg, tyen, greedy russians. EQ will now belong to the people because of these heroes.

Never forget that our president was found guilty of russian campaign contributions in order for us to get everquest emulators that csn charge us money to play.

my mind cant even handle the winning that trump just handed us. no other community will benefit more from trump than us just now. I just ate a pill bros

i think i love you

lost

<Bronze Donator>
How long until the FBI invites the heavy krono farmers in for "a small chat"?

"Were you aware that the 13 pairs of efreeti boots you sold were to Viktor Reznov, known associate of Vladmir Putin?!"

More like the poor saps that pay $18 for a krono to the DBG store need to be questioned =p

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Dear Daybreak Community,

There has been some confusion concerning Daybreak’s ownership and rumors about the state of the company that have circulated from a few online game websites, and we want to set the record straight. We assure you that these rumors are entirely false and that there’s no impact on our business or games in any way whatsoever.

From the get-go, Daybreak has been primarily owned by Jason Epstein, a longtime investor who also has investments in a variety of media properties. Jason acquired Daybreak (formerly SOE) in February 2015 and has been the executive chairman and majority owner of the company since that time.

We’re well aware of prior statements from Daybreak indicating our company was acquired by Columbus Nova. We have since clarified that the company was acquired by Jason Epstein when he was a partner at Columbus Nova, which he left in 2017. We’ve also taken steps to clarify those facts on our website and on third-party internet sites to ensure that all of the information currently made available is consistent and accurate.

We apologize for the previous miscommunication and hope that this clears up any confusion. As always, we greatly appreciate your continued support for our games, and we'll continue to work hard to bring the best experiences to you.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
ETA on platinum being converted to rubles?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
This is sounding like more than just some layoffs. I know people who have been there 18+ years who were shown the door with zero warning.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I got wind early this week that some execs were leaving and there was going to be layoffs later in the week before the other news broke about the russia stuff. It sounded like it was affecting the H1 team but now I'm assuming it's affecting more than just that team. I have no info on the size of the layoffs and who are all affected. Just seeing messages from other devs reaching out to them that it happened today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I heard from an anonymous source close to the situation that Putin was duping fungi tunics and funneling pp to Kushner through naked female wood elf toons in EC tunnel.

Do they disavow?

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya any official releases on the lay offs. i hope they fired remdag, sorry to be that guy.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No you see those people never worked for SOE in the first place, they were just mistakenly added to the company rolls and given paychecks for 18 years. Now they're just clearing up that miss conception.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
When you see something, say something.

lol, for the lulz

SOuyQ9y.png

• 5Worf
  • 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 13 users

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tyen I take back all those means things I said when you and your GF tanked FoH the first time around. *Brofist*

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users