SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
They made 2-3 million off of Landmark pre order Trailblazer accounts....hmmm....wonder where all the losses came from?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
No matter the reason, SOE having those kinds of losses added to them being dumped off does not sound good. Time for Smed to get his ass in gear if he wants to survive Ut's culling of the industry. It will happen just before Pantheon releases so be prepared! Ut is coming!

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice....

rrr_img_89460.jpg

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Maybe this is why the SOE community guy left a while ago; got his hands of some sweet insider infos and left the sinking ship.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My guess is 52 million is ten plus years of Sony investments in SoE not being completely paid back. Were talking small loss on every game SoE has made sense EQ2.

They finally sold SoE so they had to write off those losses in order to close the books.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Probably for the best. As it stands soe could use an enema to clear out some of the old shit holding them back. H1z1 is ok but they really need an EQ like success not just mediocre garbage.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand though... SoE has been trying to not make money for years. I was in Software development and administration for around 5 years and maybe gaming is different but I have never seen such blind direction. EQ an EQII could have easily been more profitable and so can EQNext. I would play EQII today if they would make 2-3 major changes but I guess it is easier to develop a game further and pile more crap onto the existing piles of crap?

It's like they take their dog out to walk, pick up 1 of the 3 terds on the ground, and a few hours later just bring their dog to take another dump on the remaining two terds. Picking up one terd for years just isn't going to cut it. The pile is only getting bigger.

They changed EQ to near unrecognizable form and continued expanding it to where the beauty of the game has been left behind, emptied, and forgotten.
EQII still has 100 hotbars
EQNext is releasing 0 teaser content. Come on... there has to be more than we have seen. If not, let it die.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I understand not releasing any EQNext info because the way people consume content now / get bored, why not hold back until you have a "solid" product to display? Now granted we are talking about SoE so "solid" could me all sorts of things, but you get the idea.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No matter the reason, SOE having those kinds of losses added to them being dumped off does not sound good. Time for Smed to get his ass in gear if he wants to survive Ut's culling of the industry. It will happen just before Pantheon releases so be prepared! Ut is coming!
I WILL BE THEIR DOOM!

Next on my agenda with my hidden company that buys up shit firms and will break them apart, Zenimax Online, than Battlecry Studios.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That would still put it on pace for a SWTOR level budget and they're having players make half the game for them.
I would guess all the stop starts with EQNext development, and a squandering of cash because of Butler and Georgeson. These guys are money black holes with no results.