Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Outside of the obvious shit like Han, Obi, Boba, Old Republic, ect. I had a conversation w/ my friend about this but a movie that tries to paint sith/empire as the not so bad guys; spinning more perspective on them specifically would be something i'd want. Not sure how they would do that honestly but atleast some perspective would be fun. Probably nothing ever possible about that.

Only thing left on for me is a underworld story, unless Han/Boba movies nail it, something that deals with smuggling, bounty hunting, pirates, outlaws, and your all around Blade Runner esq film.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I had a conversation w/ my friend about this but a movie that tries to paint sith/empire as the not so bad guys; spinning more perspective on them specifically would be something i'd want. Not sure how they would do that honestly but atleast some perspective would be fun. Probably nothing ever possible about that.

Basically a movie in the vein of Lost Stars.

The early talk on the Solo movie is that it will be a Star Wars version of a western/heist film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Wonder if it'll be about what pisses Jabba off so badly, or was that deal (or whatever it is that made Han owe him so much money) explained at some point?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Wonder if it'll be about what pisses Jabba off so badly, or was that deal (or whatever it is that made Han owe him so much money) explained at some point?

I suspect it won't get to that part of Han's backstory since it seemed like that was relatively recent at the time of Ep IV. We might see the beginnings of Hans relationship with Jabba though.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
They explain it in IV when he's in the bar talking to Greedo. Han had a load of spice being smuggled for Jabba. Imperials stopped him and boarded so he had to dump the cargo. Jabba is pissed because he wants his cargo or the money.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
If they got western/heist, I'm wondering how fast they'll try to shoe-in someone like Boba or even Dengar n Bossk, if at all. It'd make sense though, since the whole Han thing is basically -on the run- kinda vibe.

Fadaar

That guy
Shadows of the Empire took place between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Though a quick check on the wiki says Han and Dash were both born the same year, so who knows.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder if they will try to shoehorn in the black chick from the comic as a love interest, I could totally do without a love story component.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
She's canon so could be, but I think this movie will be set a bit before she shows up on the scene.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Since the topic of spinoffs moving forward came up a few days ago, the recent Entertainment Weekly article on R1 had some info on that:

As 'Rogue One' Looms, Lucasfilm Develops Secret Plans For New 'Star Wars' Movies

After the release of the new film, the Star Wars braintrust will map out the further reaches of the galaxy. Among the titles that have been considered is a Boba Fett/bounty hunter movie that director Josh Trank was hired to make before he dropped out following the troubled production of his Fantastic Four reboot. It came so close to being officially announced, Lucasfilm even prepped a teaser reel to show at Star Wars Celebration in spring of 2015, sources tell EW. At the last minute, the split with Trank backburnered the project.

These fucking cunts always fucking with me!

Only stand alone movie I really want is Boba Fett. Other than that I would prefer they do stuff not related to the main trilogies, such as old republic Jedi or Sith.

I would like to see a flick where the Sith is the hero, in the sense of made likable so when he goes to conquer and slay Jedi you want him to win.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I would also like to see movies with skirata and the retired clone troopers or anything from the Xwing novels.

As for the request to humanize the imps, they had a book about the death star where they followed people who were just working on it. That would make a good movie.

B4 anyone bitches about those not being canon anymore, they can obviously remake them, I'm just talking general ideas. They made all the old EU stuff "Legends" which means it's all available for retelling.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A good story is a good story, regardless of whether or not some neckbeards think it should be "canon". I'm all for well done side stories.

• 1Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Two buckets, one filled with shit and one filled with ice cream. Take a spoonful of ice cream and put it in the shit bucket and it's still a bucket of shit. Take a spoon full of shit and put it in the ice cream and it becomes a bucket of shit.

There are things in the EU that are shitting in the ice cream.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In your example, which bucket includes the prequel movies?

Siliconemelons

Shadows of the Empire took place between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Though a quick check on the wiki says Han and Dash were both born the same year, so who knows.

Yeah it was during empire- heck it was one of the best snow speeder games.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Parachuting in.
After the backlash of the CGI for Rogue One, I think this movie is risky (because I'm assuming it's young Han)
I'd rather see more Ewan as desert Obi-Wan

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Parachuting in.
After the backlash of the CGI for Rogue One, I think this movie is risky (because I'm assuming it's young Han)
I'd rather see more Ewan as desert Obi-Wan

They've aleady cast a Han, so it's not CGI Han.