Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What backlash?

It's one of the points of criticism of Rogue One. Too much time in the uncanny valley and whatnot ...

I'm gonna be a doubting Thomas on this one going in and it's gonna take more than some impressive trailers to change that (because I know Lucasfilm always lays down aces with their trailers). Putting a new face to an old favorite while trying to fill in a backstory that doesn't need filling ... hand me my naysayer badge.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The literal 2 seconds of CGI Carrie Fisher is a point of criticism? Thats "too much time in the uncanny valley". Sounds like someone hasn't even seen the movie.

Royal

The literal 2 seconds of CGI Carrie Fisher is a point of criticism? Thats "too much time in the uncanny valley". Sounds like someone hasn't even seen the movie.

The ones complaining about it are talking more about Tarkin and the amount of time he was on screen. CGI Leia wasn't as well done but was on screen so briefly that it's drawn fewer complaints.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't even realize that was CGI thought they grabbed a random lookalike since it looks so realistic. If that's your only problem then grats on the non-issue

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I personally thought Leia looked better. Tarkin was good but still not perfect, certain scenes etc. He was great- others even his body seemed CGI even though it was an actor and it was just a CG face overlay

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one cares, edgelords. Go waste your time "2/10 knees too sharp"-ing some Tinder pics.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyway, is there an outline or time frame for this one yet? Not all hardcore in to this shit like you guys I miss a lot of memos.

Ie, is this the story of young han meeting chewie? Maybe saves his life or whatever, ends with the life debt? Or maybe how han gets his start as a smuggler, kinda like a SW heist film?

After the abomination of the fucking prequels and TFA, I was ready to write off the entire series but rogue one was good enough to give these solo films a chance.

Royal

It's supposed to be a Star Wars heist/western (a traditional example of that would be The War Wagon). All I've seen so far to indicate where in Han's life it covers is that we'll see him win the Millennium Falcon from Lando in a game of sabacc.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I wonder if they will try to shoehorn in the black chick from the comic as a love interest, I could totally do without a love story component.
haha it's a guarantee that they force an interracial love interest into the movie and give the girl a huge role in the movie full of plenty of cutesy moments where she one ups han solo at his own game and wins his heart. if you don't realize that, you haven't been paying attention.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

haha it's a guarantee that they force an interracial love interest into the movie and give the girl a huge role in the movie full of plenty of cutesy moments where she one ups han solo at his own game and wins his heart. if you don't realize that, you haven't been paying attention.

There was a black chick who showed up claiming to be his wife in the comics, though that ended up being the remnants of a heist he had once pulled and they were never really married. That was just a front for the heist. I wouldn't be surprised to see that whole part of his backstory play out.

Sterling

El Presidente
There was a black chick who showed up claiming to be his wife in the comics, though that ended up being the remnants of a heist he had once pulled and they were never really married. That was just a front for the heist. I wouldn't be surprised to see that whole part of his backstory play out.
Zoe Saldana for the role obviously, because there's only like 1 black chick for those kind of roles.

Royal

They'd probably go younger than either of those. Tessa Thompson or maybe Zoe Kravitz.

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I've doubts for this one. Young Solo movie reeks of pure money grab, hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Honkey Khaleesi from GOT already cast. You negative nancies are going to be disappoint.

Royal

She's cast as the female lead, presumably. Han's fake wife may be more of a secondary character. If she's part of the story at all.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
God I hope they do this well and it isn't just a shallow jack-off session about meeting Chewie and doing the Kessel run.