Sonic the Hedgehog (2019)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
so in the 11 years post Yes Man there are the following movies I've liked of his.

I Love You Phillip Morris
A Christmas Carol

And I liked dumb and Dumber To okay enough. I wouldn't go out on a limb and say its good though.

Most everyything else other then Poppers Penguines and Kick Ass has been cameos in shows and movies, no main staring stuff. So it
s kinda hard to really guage what he could have been doing in terms of quality.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i had a friend once, who was really struggling with some pretty heavy depression. he was young, in a job that he liked and was proud of, then they told him to train some people to help him, then they phased out his position. it was a big deal to him, like i said he was young and his entire identity was wrapped up in this job.

so he was out of work for a while, living with his folks. he decides to get a job making pizza at a grocery store. specifically because it's pizza. like, you can't screw up pizza and at the end of the day if he DOES, it's still just pizza. but then he just, applies himself, pulls himself up by the bootstraps, and ends up fast tracking himself as a chef in one of the more respected grocery stores around, so good for him. he says he just needed something to do, that he knew he could accomplish even if it was simple. once you get a couple successes under your belt it gets easier to keep that momentum going, you know?

so... maybe this is jim carrey's pizza gig.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i had a friend once, who was really struggling with some pretty heavy depression. he was young, in a job that he liked and was proud of, then they told him to train some people to help him, then they phased out his position. it was a big deal to him, like i said he was young and his entire identity was wrapped up in this job.

so he was out of work for a while, living with his folks. he decides to get a job making pizza at a grocery store. specifically because it's pizza. like, you can't screw up pizza and at the end of the day if he DOES, it's still just pizza. but then he just, applies himself, pulls himself up by the bootstraps, and ends up fast tracking himself as a chef in one of the more respected grocery stores around, so good for him. he says he just needed something to do, that he knew he could accomplish even if it was simple. once you get a couple successes under your belt it gets easier to keep that momentum going, you know?

so... maybe this is jim carrey's pizza gig.
Fuckin lol. If said pizza guy already literally owned Pizza Hut.

(but I totally get what you're alluding to and it actually made me laugh)

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The worst part is that I feel like the ending of the trailer already confirmed a sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It’s so sad to see this kind of shit while at the same time adorable crap like the Sonic Team Racing Overdrive shorts exist. Sonic doesn’t have to be bad anymore, goddamnit.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can say what you want about Jim Carrey, but if you look at the comments under the videos people want to see this movie because of him. Odd.

This movie will probably make its money back and Carrey will still get paid, which is what they want.

Its like Adam Sandler's movies, some of them are pretty retarded and seem pointless, but they always make money.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Jimmy sold art work now and was a painting exclusively. One thing you can say about the guy is he has no shame, this is a blatant cash grab, good for him.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You can say what you want about Jim Carrey, but if you look at the comments under the videos people want to see this movie because of him. Odd.

This movie will probably make its money back and Carrey will still get paid, which is what they want.

Its like Adam Sandler's movies, some of them are pretty retarded and seem pointless, but they always make money.
The only reason I watched the entire trailer was because of Jim Carrey lol.
I still love the 90's Jim Carrey.

He must need a payday, he hasn't done shit in like 5 years (Dumb and Dumber To). He had a couple random things in 2016 and did an Amazon Prime TV show in 2018.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
100% positive Jim Carrey did this movie to pay off his lawyers from that dead girlfriend lawsuit
jim-carrey-sued-wrongful-death-lawsuit-cathriona-white.jpg

guess who was the lawyer for the parents?
4ae26c0e2e61e6e574385dafaa6fd27a.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

no doubt there are true fans for every famous personality. but do keep in mind, all the studios hire "chatterers" to post positive comments and defend their product from "trolls". they will also delete negative comments and boost the positives.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only reason I watched the entire trailer was because of Jim Carrey lol.
I still love the 90's Jim Carrey.

They aren't the same person. He is a classic example of what happens when you make millions get some fame and think all of a sudden you are the one who knows whats right for humanity. The Jimmy from In Living Color is gone. RIP

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users