Sons of Anarchy

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah but it is a stupid plan. "We have a lot of heat on us, let's murder 5 or 6 guys in a hyper-violent white pride culture gang and plant guns on them and burn down their house." This shit never works out on this show. Undoubtedly, there will be blowback.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol just re-cast all the nazi's with the breaking bad nazi crew and i'd be happy. those nazi's get shit done, instead of just sitting around the ranch and playing with a chestful of teck9's.

even if the house was burnt down, wouldn't modern csi go, "hmmm you know these ballistics show that 2,000 rounds of ammo somehow seems to be of shot from the road, almost like a firefight"

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah but it is a stupid plan. "We have a lot of heat on us, let's murder 5 or 6 guys in a hyper-violent white pride culture gang and plant guns on them and burn down their house." This shit never works out on this show. Undoubtedly, there will be blowback.
Yeah most definitely a stupid plan. Jax is no Walter White.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I saw it more like Clay finally gave Otto some satisfaction before giving him what he wanted. That was a pretty good episode, minus Phill getting whacked. What the fuck, Phil was awesome.

Seriously though, they have like no members left and Jax is all "lets go to war with some Nazis." I'm pretty sure they aren't in danger of the charter dissolving since they are the mother charter. But damn, it just makes no sense. Every season there is a person playing the role that Chibs plays now. Last season it was Bobby, Opie before that, and every season Jax doesn't listen to them and everyone suffers for it.
Just a few weeks who he told Augustus that if lost a member his charter would fold. This was when Augustus asked for tig. The response was not my problem.

Could have just been lying to protect tig, or just bad writing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
At the time I interpreted "fold" as just be non-functional. But I do remember that. I wonder how that works, the founding charter gets folded? Need to get some prospects up to snuff stat.

Goatface

heard a theory a couple of weeks ago that bobby isn't reforming nomads, but gathering up members to patch over to samcro.
at the time, didn't think much of it as would be no way jax would allow him to bring a bunch of guys in, but with current situation could see it happening.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
heard a theory a couple of weeks ago that bobby isn't reforming nomads, but gathering up members to patch over to samcro.
at the time, didn't think much of it as would be no way jax would allow him to bring a bunch of guys in, but with current situation could see it happening.
I don't think that's the plan. I think Bobby really is trying to do the nomad thing, but with SAMCRO losing members like crazy he's gonna have to bring his group in so SAMCRO doesn't fall apart. The pros of this is that Bobby is gathering up a good group of people; not dicks who only think about themselves.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just because it is Sutter and he likes to throw gotchas at you for no reason I don't think it's a nomad thing. I thnk there is some other plan there.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just because it is Sutter and he likes to throw gotchas at you for no reason I don't think it's a nomad thing. I thnk there is some other plan there.
I agree. It just feels like he was putting too much emphasis on it simply for Bobby to be getting the Nomads back together.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I know Unser is kind of a joke now for how long he's held on, but I do love him. He's the only "good" person on the show. And Dayton Callie is an amazing actor. I wish they had really used him more in past seasons.

Maybe it's the nostalgia or that I've gotten past the shows shortcomings but the weekly rock music chase scene is enjoyable to me again.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well it has only been a few years in the show. They have aged his kids badly but shows are always bad with that. Seasons 1-3 take place inside of like 6 months, it is ridiculous.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I've said it before in this thread, I think jimmy smits kills it as Nero. I really wish some of his story wasn't so badly written but I really like him.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Show goes out of its way to make guards look like the worst people on the planet.
The conjugal visit scene was ridiculous. Sometimes I think Sutter is a bit like George R. R. Martin in that he puts fucked up inhuman cruelty in for no particular reason.

I am kinda bummed out that they blew up that cool carved table.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's like sutter watched "orange is the new black" and decided to try to one up it. (he's referenced how OITNB had a prison beating for it's season finale and SOA opened with one) I'm really tired of this Gemma is the super manipulator, i'm just tired of Gemma's character which is sad cuz half of jimmy smits scenes is with that bore.

can someone tell me about this black ppl hatred SOA seems to have? i mean last seasons story revolved around Juice getting all emo that his dad was black and SOA would disown him, and Chibs is treating Jax like an idiot basically saying "wtf IRA work with Black ppl? you stupid", You know what, SOA is basically the KKK on wheels.

spronk

FPS noob
I guess the sons charter doesn't allow Kangs in the main club, they have their own branch or something (we have seen black guys in vests before). the club itself isn't that racist, but the point chibs was making is that the irish only like dealing with white people. which completely contradicts all the mexican cartel CIA bullshit from previous seasons, but whatever, true IRA are nazis is his point.

their plan is pretty good though, lets not do business with the blacks cuz they will backstab us and get us into trouble. lets instead blow up a building in America with 50 people in it using explosives easily traced to us (AND LEAVE A IRISH PEN TOO), nothing can possibly go wrong. Two weeks later we'll assault a prison transport and bust out a prisoner. Are there even really any Irish gangsters anymore, they all seem kinda... retarded.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bikers in general have pretty deep roots (DEEP ROOTS) in white pride culture. Those black guys in the show are a different club, definitely not Sons. Sutter has glossed over the racist parts of biker culture imo, and it is kind of to the show's detriment.

Goatface

Grim Bastards in the all black mc that the Sons had a partnership with, but they killed their president's brother or cousin so that was left up in the air.
during that whole juice story they talked about their rules against blacks and cribs even said something about that was an old rule that maybe should be brought to table.
they like many mcs are/were certainly anti-black as far as membership but far from white supremacists like Rollins and crew. Fairly certain Sons allows guys of Asian and Hispanic descent.
these subjective racist rules confuse me sometimes.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It has been said the no Blacks in SOA is an old Rule from the founding, Original 6 Were Born during the 30s and 40s so were Most likely more racist. So its a rule but the modern sons arent inherently racist. In fact season 2 was all about the Aryans attacking the sons for working with "Brown and Black".

The IRA is a racist organization. Thats what this weeks issues stem from. I guess the Irish are just racists like most Europeans.

As for the IRA dealing with The Cartel - That wasnt direct. It was basically IRA selling big shipments to the Sons who muled it to the Cartel, and the Irish never liked it. In this case the IRA would bea dealing directly to Marks, and they wont deal direct with black people.