Soulstone Survivors

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
This game is fun, but I had to turn off particle effects after 15 minutes of my very first run. Couldn't see a single thing and got gibbed by last boss of 2nd portal.

A few runs in to get this far and my game was stuttering even with particle effects off by around level 120 or so. Needs a lot of tuning if you're expected to build like this to clear, but in doing so it makes it unplayable.

1667882161608.png

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Bought it yesterday, woah this is really entertaining and the gameplay loop just hits right (was bored of the Vampire Survivor after a few hours in comparison). Tons of stuff to do and unlock, too.
Just a warning: after your skills exceed 15 you can no longer look at the screen and definitely a hard pass for photosensitive people

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bought it yesterday, woah this is really entertaining and the gameplay loop just hits right (was bored of the Vampire Survivor after a few hours in comparison). Tons of stuff to do and unlock, too.
Just a warning: after your skills exceed 15 you can no longer look at the screen and definitely a hard pass for photosensitive people
There is a setting for turning down those graphics. I can't remember what it is called, transparency maybe. If I remember correctly it is toward the bottom of the settings. Mine is set somewhere down near 5-10% I believe. It makes a TON of difference. Some stuff is pretty hard to see, which kind of sucks (shadow sparks, death vortex in particular), but it will make a world of difference in your gameplay.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How far does this go? I'm on depth 5 and spend more time picking skills than killing things :)

1667926565252.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Died shortly after getting ping ponged by the exploding barrel guys. My damage was pretty terrible and relied solely on stacking a billion status effects until whatever I was pointing at just exploded. With everything unlocked it seems much easier than beta so far.

1667927772858.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So far I am learning that if you stick with whatever +dmg legendary you get first you kill quickly. So any +blast, light, projectile, swing etc, whichever you get first just switch or start grabbing those attacks as they come up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got my first sub-10 min win on the Holy pally Blades of Light guy. 9:42 on the Caves. Got two portals at the end; blue one to end match, and red one for...? Endless mode? What is it...

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if you take the red one the game continues and you'll do 3 maps in total. Has taken around 35-45 minutes so far for me to do the full run.

Got my first sub-10 min win on the Holy pally Blades of Light guy. 9:42 on the Caves. Got two portals at the end; blue one to end match, and red one for...? Endless mode? What is it...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah if you take the red one the game continues and you'll do 3 maps in total. Has taken around 35-45 minutes so far for me to do the full run.
3? Are you sure? I got bored during the 5th map (had a red skull with 4 in the upper right) after over an hour and just let myself die with 2 "life savers" still remaining even.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
idk I thought only 3 maps are out. Does it let you keep chaining?

edit: Guess they added the 2 more in EA.

3? Are you sure? I got bored during the 5th map (had a red skull with 4 in the upper right) after over an hour and just let myself die with 2 "life savers" still remaining even.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

yeah in that mode it is definitely more than 3. My screenshot was the same as you, with 4, and I just died and that was at 49:14 of play.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The higher curse levels are no joke. Frequently had 3 or even 4 bosses on the screen and that was just at curse level 4.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Found an issue with the display hah. Had to stop after 69 minutes and finishing depth 5. Things were just taking too long to die and it wasn't worth going further.

1668004690786.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The worst thing about having played the prologue is that you got very partial credit for a lot of your playtime and still have a lot of grinding to do to do the higher curse levels.

Also I can't get a match completion in under 12 minutes with the legionnaire, his start is just so slow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Managed to get through Curse 4 with the Chaos Mage, Curse 5 is even nuttier. Couldn't make it past the second (triple) boss wave.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Managed to get through Curse 4 with the Chaos Mage, Curse 5 is even nuttier. Couldn't make it past the second (triple) boss wave.
Do you have the rune for double roll on chaos dmg?

Edit: also how does your build look like?
Having a lot of trouble making it through curse 4.

Even with the summoner guy, the minions are just not what they used to be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you have the rune for double roll on chaos dmg?
It's unlocked but I don't use it. I do a full status synergy build with the rune that makes synergies appear more often and 20% more effective, it's absolutely ridiculous how fast you stack everything up when you actually get uptime on a boss.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's unlocked but I don't use it. I do a full status synergy build with the rune that makes synergies appear more often and 20% more effective, it's absolutely ridiculous how fast you stack everything up when you actually get uptime on a boss.
I've been doing that too lately. That's honestly the only way I can take down some of those bosses it seems. Straight dps doesn't seem to be enough, you gotta stack a ton of shit and just keep dodging. My best run in terms of curses (that beat curse IV) was actually with the chaos mage guy too, and there was so much random shit going on that I'd just run into an area, circle around my little 4 screen loop, and come back and there would be a shitton of crystals all over the ground.

I'm starting to get some favorite skills, although I know there are still plenty to unlock. Arcane sparks and death cyclone (if I have the actual names wrong, sorry, but you know the ones I mean) are just fucking crazy once you get a bunch of status effects on hit.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Found an issue with the display hah. Had to stop after 69 minutes and finishing depth 5. Things were just taking too long to die and it wasn't worth going further.

View attachment 442038

I beat Endless 6 for the achievement. Game runs like shit once you get up there, even with all particles off and no damage/health bars. Slogging at 10-15 fps but managed to beat it with like 84min total run time. Used the chaos mage with 4 chaos + 2 shadow spells (golems are op)