Sound of Freedom (2023)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
sure, "common folk"
14.METRO_.jpg

This might actually explain the wild discrepancy between vote turnout in swing state inner cities (Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee) versus most non-swing state inner cities. If Zuckerberg's group was focusing all of their mail-in pushing to the swing states, it could account for them having twice the turnout of other inner cities.

As for confirmation bias... I don't actually know if anyone was intentionally sabotaging Sound of Freedom. Just saying that if that was happening, I'd bet it was local employees rather than any kind of grand scheme involving the company. If AMC was against the movie they wouldn't even be showing it.

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well.. if it's got the legs people seem to think it has this movie should move to number 11 for the year this weekend (assuming a 40% WoW drop), could crack into the top 10 for the year this weekend if it slightly outperforms, but should definitely crack into the top 10 before theaters stop showing it..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Just proving the rule that every accusation is a confession.

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 8 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well.. if it's got the legs people seem to think it has this movie should move to number 11 for the year this weekend (assuming a 40% WoW drop), could crack into the top 10 for the year this weekend if it slightly outperforms, but should definitely crack into the top 10 before theaters stop showing it..

The fact that Sound of Freedom has beaten Disney's latest animated movie Elemental is fucking hilarious.

I am going to see if I can talk my wife into going to see it this weekend. She will be one of those that finds it extremely difficult but understands its importance.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fact that Sound of Freedom has beaten Disney's latest animated movie Elemental is fucking hilarious.

I am going to see if I can talk my wife into going to see it this weekend. She will be one of those that finds it extremely difficult but understands its importance.
you think thats bad, its only 13 million away from beating Indy 5's domestic revenue. it cost Disney over 400 million to produce and market.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Pedophiles are a problem in our society and need to be flushed out like rats, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this guy deserves a bullet to the head.

However this Jezabel article comes across as just a long winded leftist rant. Where are the details on the kidnapping?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Pedophiles are a problem in our society and need to be flushed out like rats, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this guy deserves a bullet to the head.

However this Jezabel article comes across as just a long winded leftist rant. Where are the details on the kidnapping?
the writer of that article sounds like they deserve a bullet to the head.

in it's criticism of Sound of Freedom, they defend child sex trafficking by stating "OUR has been dogged with criticism over Ballard’s mugging for cameras, accusations that his former organization has failed to provide aftercare to the rescued, its conflation of sex work with trafficking, and its avoidance of underlying structural issues that keep trafficking functioning and attractive to the morally askew, among other things."

they are seriously saying rescuing children from nightmare hellscapes is bad because allegedly (thoroughly disputed by OUR) they don't provide enough therapy afterwards, that child prostitutes must have chosen that life and were not actually trafficked??? and these things happening to poor people in poor places is the fault of the poor for being so poor and desperate anyway.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I like how they call the movie "fantastical"

What's fantastical about it? Reads like someone who didn't actually watch the movie.

It's a pretty mundane movie all things considered, nothing really outlandish, no action set-pieces, no grand conspiracies. Just a guy rescuing a couple of kidnapped kids by tricking various bad guys. Maybe they mean child trafficking being widespread is a "fantastical" idea or something, and not a plain as day fact. "Those Q-Anon people on the 4Chan believe that stuff! Have you heard that they also believe in lizard people?"

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
the writer of that article sounds like they deserve a bullet to the head.

they are seriously saying rescuing children from nightmare hellscapes is bad because allegedly (thoroughly disputed by OUR) they don't provide enough therapy afterwards, that child prostitutes must have chosen that life and were not actually trafficked??? and these things happening to poor people in poor places is the fault of the poor for being so poor and desperate anyway.

That article (like most of Yahoo News these days) is opinionated garbage.

I gotta say, this decent, emotionally-charged rescue movie sure has gotten a lot of people angry for some reason. The lengths and the verbiage some writers are willing to go to in order to find anything negative at all to pick at is SUPER weird and seems like a real "mask slip" moment. Not because they're closet pedos necessarily, but because they're so goddamn partisan and "I support the current thing" that they're willing to pick up a torch and go after something like this just because that's what gets them points in their circles. Like they'll take literally any position if it's supporting their side's "fight" and that kind of raw partisanship demonstrates a lack of logic. It's "I was just following orders" behavior.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

What a shock that this cunt is doing more of the DNC's bidding.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

let's examine this headline

'Sound of Freedom' Funder Fabian Marta Charged With Felony Child Kidnapping​

'Sound of Freedom' Funder​

he gave $500 on gofundme

Fabian Marta Charged With Felony Child Kidnapping​

he rented an apt for a woman and child getting away from domestic violence, it was during a custody battle so its considered kidnapping and he's an accessory since he paid for the apt

is Bubbles Bubbles going to make a post about sound of freedom next?

• 7Like
  • 2Great Review
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Goonsquad Officer

he gave $500 on gofundme

he rented an apt for a woman and child getting away from domestic violence, it was during a custody battle so its considered kidnapping and he's an accessory since he paid for the apt

Some folks just want kids abducted and or women beaten

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>

This article reads like it was written by a pedophile.

I think it's about time we bring back extermination orders. It was done for the Mormons. It should be done for pedophiles.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This article reads like it was written by a pedophile.

I think it's about time we bring back extermination orders. It was done for the Mormons. It should be done for pedophiles.
did anyone notice the writers name?
3f2cd663eabd2031fb99f661f8c88bb3.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

he gave $500 on gofundme

Yeah I got clickbaited. I didn't read the article, and if I had even realized it was a Jezebel article I would not have posted it.

That's my fault for being lazy.

• 5Like
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Guaranteed at this point that this film will outgross Indy 5 and MI7. Incredible.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Guaranteed at this point that this film will outgross Indy 5 and MI7. Incredible.
I dunno about it outdoing MI7.. but it's already ahead of Indy.

More surprising, it's in the top 20 for the year worldwide, and hasn't released anywhere outside the US.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I dunno about it outdoing MI7.. but it's already ahead of Indy.

More surprising, it's in the top 20 for the year worldwide, and hasn't released anywhere outside the US.
It's made $13 million more than MI7 and made more than it last week and still has 800 more theaters. It's definitely going to beat it. Obviously I just mean domestic numbers here.

A number of sites don't list Indian and Chinese releases for international. Like, Box Office Mojo doesn't seem to have any even though there's been three $500+ million Chinese films this year. Not to mention multiple in the 200-300 million range. I don't know why it's like this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users