South Korea

Cybsled

Well, at least her genes are untouched ;p Any kids she has won't look all fux0red like that ;p

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Just got back from Seoul and it was awesome. I loved every moment of it. Granted my spa was in Itaewan, I did go all around the city. Hongdae is sooooo cool on the weekends, well the whole town is tbh. I will post some pictures later. Go to Seoul!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from Seoul and it was awesome. I loved every moment of it. Granted my spa was in Itaewan, I did go all around the city. Hongdae is sooooo cool on the weekends, well the whole town is tbh. I will post some pictures later. Go to Seoul!
we wait for those pictures mein bro.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well they sure could use more english teacher over there. Went in Seoul and Gangneung for a few days this summer; and even in Seoul very few people spoke english, even in Itaewon in that street behind the hamilton shoping center (quite a weird shoping center btw) full of western restaurant with the highest density of tourists / expats in Korea we went in a large restaurant full of foreigners in which no one in the staff was speaking any kind of english except a signle employee of mixed race. That was Itaewon. Then we went in Gangneung, there the only "english-friendly" hotel we could find provided a google translated version of their explanatory leaflet and that was it. No one spoke english at all in the hotel, or anywhere around in the city.

That being said, people were polite and helpful, it wasn't so hard to get around and do what we wanted to do. That being said, didn't find the food so great, especialy after spending a month in Vietnam right before coming to Korea, it just felt lacking compared to what Vietnam had to offer. I wouldn't say that food is one of the strong point of korea, especialy compared to thailand, vietnam or japan...

If I had to choose a city in asia to stay for a year teaching, having fun and experiencing the cultural chock, I'd probably choose Saigon. While Korea seems clean and polite, southern vietnam is fun and friendly. English teacher being also in high demand but most of the younger people speak it to some extent (especialy in large cities)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I mean only thing I can think of that would be good in Thailand or Vietnam is streetfood, which are often unregulated and almost disgusting. Not that Korea doesn't have streetfood, but if you go to the city, you are gonna see hundreds and hundreds of restaurant left and right, bottom and up. insane.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah maybe I wasn't prepared well enough. Next time I'll try to find good places beforehand because I was disapointed with the korean food I had in both Seoul and Gangneung.

The western restaurants in Seoul are better than those you usually find in asia tho, but I didn't really go there to eat pizzas !

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did you use any Bidet toilets while out there? I know they're all over in Japan, and I've heard that they're picking up steam in Korea as well.
...I happen to work at a store that sells them, so my customers talk.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Did you use any Bidet toilets while out there? I know they're all over in Japan, and I've heard that they're picking up steam in Korea as well.
...I happen to work at a store that sells them, so my customers talk.

I have two Toto bidet seats I bought off Amazon after I visited Asia. One of my happiest purchases ever-- think of it as an Xbox for your asshole. The ladies love it too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did you splurge on an S300e? That's the model we sell the most of. The S350e is nice enough, but the auto open and close is wasted on most, and the people that don't have a separate room for just the toilet end up shutting that feature off because the seat opens EVERY time they walk into the bathroom.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
14721692_10154469736981138_4583969991030387085_n.jpg

14731148_10154469737066138_6835445303686458925_n.jpg

14717077_10154469737126138_3553112719410341472_n.jpg

14639830_10154469737161138_5583618921525931856_n.jpg

14611153_10154469737211138_2793574602648151928_n.jpg

14632844_10154469737281138_6326636737026322499_n.jpg

14595800_10154469737326138_4004382602884793032_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like i'll make a quick 2week trip to the land of asian plastic surgery, it's 2200 vs. 1400 roundtrip to seoul(icn) than japan(nrt), gonna go split it in half and take a airplane to japan midway through.

apparently the planes from and to seoul/narita don't allow carry-ons, i'm looking at luggage storage at icn airport for 6bucks a day at safex.kr

i have no idea what we'll be doing besides loading up on tons of product.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok i'll spew my experiences for a week in seoul, seoul is fucking cheap. again we basically did a last minute trip so i had to book shit fast, i knew i wanted to be in a "city" town, my options were limited so i chose jamsil-dong.

i wanted a city town for 5minute subway access AND late night food and/or drinks it was basically a hotel room, looked like a cute dorm
1578119415203.jpeg

i just a room and a bath... what i didn't know was the toilet is actually in the shower as well, hey, i've seen worse in nyc chinatown i just learned to put the toilet paper up high out of the way, ha, i can't complain at 150$ for 5 nights during a busy week, i managed to stay in a more "traditional" house later on, at like 150$ a night.

what i'm getting at is accomodations is cheap in seoul.

Faulty Armors don't look good at all, they NEED that plastic mastercraft, so don't think you'll be walking around with a foh boner from screenshots, it's not gonna happen

transport:
so to get around in seoul with public transport you'll have 3 options.

buying tickets which is stupid, don't do it, buy a tmoney card which acts the same as a passmo/suica card in japan, it gets you access to all the public transport and you can use it to pay for items as well, just fill it up, get any of these tmoney cards when you land in seoul at the airport convenience store or kiosk or you can also buy the "discover seoul pass", it's basically an attraction pass that gets you in to a few events and it has a built in tmoney chip.

or you can buy a mpass which is basically a 20trip daily and they give a tmoney chip in there as well, and you can also use the airport rails (to get in and out of seoul from icn airport, which is a 5$ trip), if you're gonna use public transport at least 6x a day, then this is the best option, they sell in 3/5/7 day increments, the best thing is if you return the card, they give you back 4.5$ per card, it can only be bought with cash at the tourist information area in icn (and i think somewhere in seoul) so plan ahead.

also any card that has tmoney on it, and you have a cash balance, you can just goto a convenience store and pull all the cash out of the tmoney chip for a .50fee (like when you're leaving seoul) that goes into my next segment

cash:
cash is NOTORIOUSLY difficult to get in korea for a foreigner, it's one of the top questions and even i had to experience this. korea is just fucked with atms and cash, i'm not talking about english to Faulty Armor on screen, i can personal read a bit of that scrawl, i mean the fucking chip just doesn't read for shit.

your best bet is to literally just pull cash out of your bank b4 your trip, no joke or follow these guidelines.

some ppl have said that if you have a 6digit pin, it will always fail, i have a 4 digit pin and i had a 20% success rate, yea it was that bad.

look for "GLOBAL" on the machine and make sure it has either mc/visa logo on it.

there are 2 screens on korean atms, the top screen is junk advertising, ignore it, the bottom screen is where all the business happens.

use convenience store atms, the two big ones in seoul are gs25 and cu, these are the names. i had 100% failure with gs25, i had 50% with cu.

Skorea touts they are an advanced cashless society, this is garbage, everywhere i went cash was king, no one want to use tmoney, they had no way to accept NFC pay(samsung/naver pay would be the king, HOWEVER in order to use these nfc pay, you need to have a domestic skorea bank account)

cash in skorea is simple and ugly
0598f6fc85e1288ddd50aec28a1e7e10.jpg

just take away 3 zeros to get a guesstimate

anyway onto

mifi/maps/tech:
google maps doesn't work in skorea, it does but you won't get directions, you have to use naver maps, if you read webtoons you'll realize it's the same naver, yes their marvel is basically the best way to travel (and pay) in seoul, of course with all Faulty Armor tech, naver maps fucks up so i had to use a mix of naver plus google maps and using a fucking compass and just hoping i go in the right direction(i always did boyscout for life!)

mifi rental is fucking cheap, less than 3$ a day, it was like 15$ for a week rental for me, of course you should order before you travel cuz when i went to pick up mine, i saw "no mifi available" signs at the airport, i can't tell you which ones are good just that i used a "KT" (their att carrier brand) and it was flawless.

i mightve left some stuff out for ppl who have questions and want to travel to seoul, i did use their luggage transport safex, which has drop off locations at seoul station and handik university station.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users