South Park Fractured But Whole

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Whose jumping at shadows? Is that a euphemism for black people?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
This weeks TV episode - season 21, episode 4 - seems to be the "intro" episode for the game, putting in the back story or something maybe. Wasn't that good an episode unfortunately.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the preload of this included a free copy of The Stick of Truth so I downloaded it and figured I'd refresh my memory a bit... aaaannnnndddd I ended up playing the whole damn game again over the weekend. I hadn't tried the fighter class at all before and found it pretty fun to go at things a different way and using very different 'pals' for most of the content.

I can only hope that Fractured but Whole is even half as entertaining.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Fun so far (only around 2 hours in). Better combat system. Mr. Garrison wanted a chat about my "sex" and when I picked male he called my parents concerned that I identified as my natural born gender and my stat page now lists me as a "cis male". He did too he said though, so he was happy. Saw Cohh pick "other" and the dialogue was shorter and he called the parents immediately without the follow up questions he asked me.

Also, the option you pick early on by "difficulty" doesn't represent combat difficulty, just life difficulty as Cartman explains if you keep it on the page. Like the first one, there is a lot of dialogue if you stand still or keep talking to people. Will most certainly miss a lot of it if you only run between POIs and interact with items/people that are quest related.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This is getting trashed in the Steam reviews so far. To be fair it's more raging at SOP Ubisoft retardation than gameplay. Leave it to Ubi to take gold and find a way to turn it to shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Steam reviews are the worst place I could ever imagine getting fair insight from.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Steam reviews can be a good warning for shitty DLC practices and such. Kinda need to read a few to see what the trend is and why it's getting bad scores in general. Goes from the usual unfinished/buggy/can't run shit, to the "too much DLC fuck off" and there's always the "no china translation bad game" when it's a sequel to something that had chinese translation, or other translation(but mostly it's chinese players review bombing shit for that problem).

Generally speaking I think that's all steam reviews are good for, figuring out tech issues or other non gaming issues with the games you want to buy.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Exactly, I don't really pay attention to gameplay reviews but I do look at things like DLC, copy protection issues, etc. All of which they are complaining about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a uPlay game. They're not exactly trying to hide it, but the first one was released right before they started using uPlay for all their games. So if you can't stand having a program open in the background, don't buy this, otherwise it shouldn't really have an impact, aside from needing updates every 2 minutes or so uPlay is pretty innocuous compared to most DRM.

The game itself looks like a lot more "game" than the first, I watched like 5 minutes on stream last night and almost went and bought it, but I have so much I'm playing already right now. Will probably end up getting it during the holiday or new year maybe but already looking forward to it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Played a little over 8 hours so far and I'm loving it. Only 1 bug which I fixed in 5 minutes of googling. It definitely builds on Stick of Truth quite a bit. My favorite part is that the costumes are just cosmetic now and don't have any impact on your stats. It might hurt some SJW or anti-SJW (yes, we know who you are) feelings but hopefully you should be expecting the SP edgelords to go at anything sensitive... and they do. Its great.

Steam reviews or people in general bitching about DRM can fuck off. DRM is here to stay, unfortunately. Might as well put that energy into fighting P2W or P2opencratesandnotevenbeguaranteedtowin. Oh wait, everyone will still buy Battlefront 2. RIP.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's a uPlay game.

And Denuvo stacked on top of the DRM already built into U-Play. Also day 1 DLC plus Microtransactions built into the game. It's a bit more than just U-Play that people seem to be unhappy about.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah. just checked steam to, add to wishlist, and keep an eye on sales.

"day one dlc, denuvo, uplay". right in the first, review I saw.
yeah, that'll do it.

Also, 59.99 price tag.

will definitely be waiting for under $30.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is really fun. If 60 bucks is a stretch to pay for a game, wait a few months for it to drop. But definitely worth it if you have the money to spend. That's my only real complaint. New combat system is pretty cool too.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first game dropped in price pretty fast and pretty hard. It was available for sub $20 within a few months if I'm remembering right.

This one looks great but it has a bunch of things on my shitlist so will definitely wait, or even just go for the cracked. I haven't actually pirated a game in... like a decade. It's crazy that companies are being so dumb as to drive me to it again.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
the only thing I am hating is the toilet game, maybe its easier on PC but on ps4 you have to rotate the thumbsticks sometimes in weird ways and I am just TERRIBLE at doing that, sorta like a pat your head and tummy at the same time kinda thing. I also kind of suck at reacting quickly/correctly in combat (at mastermind difficulty), but i had similar issues with the first game as I recall.

the game also is a bit too FedEx quest heavy at the start, I assume it opens up a bit more after a few hours. Otherwise yeah, if you liked the first game it really seems great so far. I really, really do like how you get a digital copy of the first game for free as a code insert, at least for NA sales on console. Two games for the price of one, SOLD