South Park Fractured But Whole

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got it for like $45 on Green Man Gaming.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
the only thing I am hating is the toilet game, maybe its easier on PC but on ps4 you have to rotate the thumbsticks sometimes in weird ways and I am just TERRIBLE at doing that, sorta like a pat your head and tummy at the same time kinda thing. I also kind of suck at reacting quickly/correctly in combat (at mastermind difficulty), but i had similar issues with the first game as I recall.

the game also is a bit too FedEx quest heavy at the start, I assume it opens up a bit more after a few hours. Otherwise yeah, if you liked the first game it really seems great so far. I really, really do like how you get a digital copy of the first game for free as a code insert, at least for NA sales on console. Two games for the price of one, SOLD

Seriously, you get a code for SoT? Did you get the standard version of fractured but whole?

I got it for $48 plus a $10 GC from BB.

Just checked and yeah, all come with a code which is sweet

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's why I didn't finish the first one, the stupid thumbstick rotating shit for the fart mechanic drove me to quit the game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's why I didn't finish the first one, the stupid thumbstick rotating shit for the fart mechanic drove me to quit the game.

I had the same problem with the abortion part. I was done after that. Sucked because I loved it up until that part.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I had to keep taking breaks with that part because it's just god-fucking unnerving to watch. After about the 20th time I switched to Mouse and keyboard and beat it first try because it turns out the QTE instructions for the controller were just flat out wrong.

SeanDoe1z1

I got stuck on the probe part in the first game. Used keyboard + controller at same time for PC to effectively get double button presses.

So far liking this game, only playing a bit at a time. Probably liking this a lot better because of a new 4K setup TBH...never liked the coon miniseries.

Liking the combat.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I ended up playing waay too much of this over the past week and I've just about finished it. Not as insanely brilliant as the first one, but still very good and with a much richer more tactical combat system. I like how they will be incorporating DLC into the game via the bus stop (which has DLC as its logo) and all the little touches like the theater guy's running commentary when you fight outside the theater or all the cases where you have to stop fighting briefly to get out of the way of a car coming down the road.

It also prompted me to go back and catch up on some of the season's I've missed, notably the stuff with SoDoSoPa and Shi Tpa Town

Last edited:

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm about done myself. Took about 24 hours but I'm taking it slowly and really exploring and trying to get all the achievements and stuff completed. I think I'm enjoying it more than the first game. My biggest criticism of the game is that the combat is not hard enough even on the highest difficulty setting. My character got too strong too quickly - a huge issue I had with the first game as well. I've had a couple of fights that were rough simply because I had a party built around freezing/crowd control with enemies that turned out to be immune to freeze.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There really does not seem to be much true choice about what 'gear' to use. I just equipped whatever had the highest power and that seemed to = win. Your DNA slot seemed to be the one that had the most actual impact on what happened with your character, the various secondary stats associated with the major and minor slots really seemed a wash.

spronk

FPS noob
Platinum'd the game last night at 1am, a tad bit under 30 hours total in a single play through - anything you miss you can do at the end, the only thing you can miss is making your character black and changing the difficulty to Mastermind at the very beginning of the game, before your first combat fight.

A solid 8.5/10 from me, I really enjoyed a < 30 hour story game after a long list of 80+ hour open world games this year. The mechanics, combat, powers, and NPCs were better in SP2 than the first one, but the story was a bit tamer/weaker I thought than the first game. Still pretty good and felt very "South Park"y, but there weren't very many "wtf" or total gross out moments like the first game, and some of the social media stuff eventually just crossed the cringe/blah/I really don't care line. Much like the first one it definitely felt rushed near the end, with a lot of big moments that could have had more done to them but I guess at 30 hours you gotta stop at some point.

Would definitely recommend to any South Park or first game fan, plus its really nice how you get a digital copy of the first game with a physical purchase (on console) of SP2. I don't think I'd recommend the gold/season pass though right now, its two or three story DLCs with the first due out in Dec and the other two sometime in 2018, may as well just wait for a GOTY release in summer 2018.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Game's pretty monotonous and haven't had the urge to finish even though I'm pretty close to the end.

I agree with the difficulty and the gear complaints, too. Only two fights I had to do over were the one with the fat black stripper and the HP Lovecraft monster. The former because I treated it like a straight up fight and latter because I didn't have any knockbacks loaded. Both went super smooth when I adjusted.

I'd definitely recommend to anyone that liked Stick of Truth, though. Just feels like the South Park novelty wore off on me before I reached the end.

Rime

<Donor>
I enjoyed the Stick of Truth, but my issue was that I hit level cap with like 30% of the game to go. How is this one on that?

spronk

FPS noob
similar issues but level cap is broken up into crafting (you can reach that fairly quickly) and hero character - i was much closer to the end i think, not really sure tbh never really seemed to matter as the combat engine is not that hard at the hardest difficulty and any fight you fail is usually just due to a gimmick issue, not a level/gear issue.

One nice thing is there a single fight you can't really do (maybe you can if you are super awesome?) until you finish the game and gain the final powers and stuff, so that kind of makes it interesting and a reason to finish up. I really enjoyed the combat and fights though so never really thought to myself "damn, this is way too easy now!" The last few fights, while I wouldn't call them hard, I would say require a little bit of thinking to figure out the "oh, ok, this is how to make this super easy".

One other really nice thing is that you can switch between classes pretty easily and at the end you have access to all classes, whereas in the first game you were stuck with what you rolled.