South Park Stick of Truth

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They cut content because Parker and Stone wrote like 850 pages worth of material for them to use. I don't think it was censorship, more like trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Then how does GTA and Saints Row get away with what they do? It pretty much isn't possible for a video game to have worse language than GTA5, it's basically on par with a Tarantino movie in the cussing department.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I know all that about censorship. I said it badly I suppose. GTA:V versus South Park Humor is what I'm getting at. Kinda absurd. I'm not surprised, I am disappoint!

Maybe what Hodj says is all it actually is. Hope so. Gonna buy it anyway. Hell, even watered down southpark is more entertaining than most other shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Have you not paid attention?

Video games are censored. Take The Witcher for example... some language was cut out the word "cunt" which is used frequently in the Polish version, sex scenes were removed, entire conversations removed because of being censored. Even the enhanced version are still censored. After playing the American release and then playing the Polish release... yeah, a whole lot was removed.

Censorship in the gaming industry is huge. Sure, there's still language and nudity but it's still heavily censored.
NA is really weird, you can show people getting butchered, but a single breast and you are out.

In this case I'd guess that they cut content because of deadlines more than anything else, but if they had a special muslim playable class planned, yeah...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
As long as they don't show Muhammad. Radical Muslims LOVE when you do a visual representation of their prophet. Their reaction isn't irrational or crazy at all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...-dlc-fuk-that/

It's been quite the interesting journey for South Park: The Stick of Truth following Ubisoft's purchase of the rights earlier this year from THQ. While Ubisoft has remained mum on the subject of a release date for The Stick of Truth (retailers say November 19th), Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Creators of South Park, were more than happy to talk about other aspects of the game during a Comic-Con panel (via Polygon).

Trey revealed at the panel how he "really loved playing Skyrim," eventually leading him to say, "'Let's do this. This is easy." So, a script of nearly 850 pages was then created, featuring almost every South Park character and element.

The too large scale of the game led to them cutting out lots of content from game, which people suggested they turn it into DLC. After the crowd didn't like that idea, Parker said, "I agree. fuck that." You don't have to worry about those pages being lost forever, with Parker adding, "Somehow or another, this shit will get out there."

We're eagerly anticipating South Park: The Stick of Truth, so once we hear a firm release date for it, we'll be sure to let you know.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so is this going to have local multi? or online google failed me.

only thing i read is they would possibly be making an entire new game for online.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Awesome trailer. Hope this game is any good, I've had my eye on it since it was announced.

Sean_sl

shitlord
South Park: Stick of Truth delayed to March 4th:South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed - IGN

South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed. Again. Originally scheduled to arrive in early December, the game has been pushed to March 4, 2014 in North American and March 6, 2014 in Europe.

An RPG written by South Park Creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and developed by Obsidian Entertainment, South Park: The Stick of Truth was originally announced in December 2011 and set to be published by THQ. The release window moved, THQ closed, and Ubisoft picked up publishing rights to the title that casts you as the new kid in town.

Also, here's a quote from Matt Stone and Trey Parker - we'll post this on UbiBlog at 11:00 a.m. Feel free to add in to your story as well:

"We always wanted the game to feel like you're actually in an episode of South Park," a Ubisoft blog attributed to Stone and Parker reads. "Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we're excited to say it's taken way longer than we thought it would."

No delay is easy for fans to accept, but hopefully a 7-minute gameplay demo and an IGN Rewind Theater of that very demo will help...
This game is never coming out.

Crell_sl

shitlord
South Park: Stick of Truth delayed to March 4th:South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed - IGN

This game is never coming out.
Hope it doesn't turn into another Duke Nukem Forever
frown.png
Was excited to play this too.

frown.png

frown.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anytime a company is willing to pay Obsidian to polish their title more, its a good thing.

Krag

Peasant
That "delay" demo is pretty fantastic, hopefully we can survive waiting a few more months.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Okay I didn't watch that gameplay video before but I'm fucking pumped. Paper Mario combat + adult content is win.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Gameplay looks fantastic. I just hope this game actually comes out heh. Still have my pre-order in for the Grand Wizard Edition with the Cartman figure.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Gameplay looks fantastic. I just hope this game actually comes out heh. Still have my pre-order in for the Grand Wizard Edition with the Cartman figure.
All the delays have made me highly skeptical of this game. I've put it more in line with the Penny Arcade games, and thought this game would be more akin to those. That gameplay demo though looks fun. Just hope that it is jrpg long too, and not a little 4-5 hour game (like the penny arcade games). I hope it is as good as it looks, with a 50+ hour mark on it if you do sidequests and such.

Numbers were strange for a jrpg though. When they went into the menu, you could see that it was still early game, hardly any abilities/strap-ons unlocked, yet they were still at 5k hp. Not that it matters if it inflates to much higher numbers, but again, that could indicate a shorter game with fast progression.