South Park Stick of Truth

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Shame of it all is I think I'd rather play this on a console, but it isn't being released for the Xbone or PS4
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its more the laying-on-the-couch in the home theater rather than sitting at gaming PC sort of thing

spronk

FPS noob
buy extra big ass tv and hookup to PC as 2nd/3d monitor, nice speaker setup, extra comfy comforter/recliner/rocking chair, be pc gaming wizard

for bonus charisma stock a fridge and microwave in your office/mancave with lots of hot pockets and frozen pizza, and of course mountain dew and doritos aka gamer fuel. you won't be distracted by women, ever!!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who bought their key from one of those shady key seller sites should check their key if they received it already, and strongly consider cancelling their order and buying it elsewhere if it hasn't processed fully yet. Ubisoft went ahead and region locked all the keys that came from Russia and other CIS countries, which is why you don't buy keys from those places no matter how attractive the price looks.

Same thing happened with Thief this week as well, so it's not even just Ubisoft.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would be willing to bet that if it sells worth a shit that they will cross platform it fairly quickly to PS4. Problem is this thing was stuck in development for so long that they had no SDK for the next gen until they were already in maximum crunch mode. I have a friend working on this and I hope all of his woes in this development cycle pay off, but SP IP based games have not traditionally done well.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I would be willing to bet that if it sells worth a shit that they will cross platform it fairly quickly to PS4. Problem is this thing was stuck in development for so long that they had no SDK for the next gen until they were already in maximum crunch mode. I have a friend working on this and I hope all of his woes in this development cycle pay off, but SP IP based games have not traditionally done well.
Because they've largely been shit. I should know. I owned the FPS that came out on N64.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game is censored in Europe, Australia and Africa.

South Park: The Stick of Truth censored in Europe Eurogamer.net

According to the document, which Eurogamer has verified, the censored scenes include:

A mini-game in which the doctor is performing an abortion on the player.
A mini-game in which the player is performing an abortion on the character Randy.
Five anal probing scenes involving someone actively being probed. The scenes play out as normal before and after the active probing sequences.

Each censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, Ubisoft said.

When asked about the censorship, a Ubisoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "this was a market decision."
Only applies to the PS3 and 360 versions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Applies to PC version too, but only in the specific countries that have laws against that sort of shit, like germany, australia, taiwan etc. Nothing too different than usual, a lot of games are censored on the german version too.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Applies to PC version too, but only in the specific countries that have laws against that sort of shit, like germany, australia, taiwan etc. Nothing too different than usual, a lot of games are censored on the german version too.
Hoefully there is a scene where Cartman leads an army down the street shouting "Aramaic"

velk

Trakanon Raider
Applies to PC version too, but only in the specific countries that have laws against that sort of shit, like germany, australia
Australian review board are a bunch of wankers. After years of battling 'games are for kids!' retards to get the R18 rating in for video games as law, they still refuse classification to everything they don't like anyway.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Ubisoft has censored the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of 18-rated comedy role-playing game South Park: The Stick of Truth in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The PC version remains unaffected.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ubisoft has censored the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of 18-rated comedy role-playing game South Park: The Stick of Truth in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The PC version remains unaffected.
There are conflicting reports on that. Last info I saw said that the PC version is censored in Germany (+ Australia, etc.) but not the rest of Europe, while the console version is censored in the entire region. My guess is that they didn't want to create multiple SKUs due to the cost and the rest of Europe gets fucked because of Germany's retarded laws. PC version is different because they can enforce the censorship when you go online to activate the game installation, but with consoles they can't take the chance when people aren't forced to connect them to the internet.