South Park

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
3 miles north of Auschwitz = NoMoAuchie

Safe Space was a nice touch

"Hating the internet? That's like hating titties."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is a mistake in that scene, they accuse Randy of creating shipatown and he admits it. He created sotosopa, the shitty wok guy made up shipatown in retaliation. (Or was it ctpatown?)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is a mistake in that scene, they accuse Randy of creating shipatown and he admits it. He created sotosopa, the shitty wok guy made up shipatown in retaliation. (Or was it ctpatown?)
Randy fought to get the Whole Foods which happened to go into ShiPaTown. Once the Whole Foods went in SoDoSoPa turned back into the slummy ghetto so it is logical to think that Randy then petitioned for the gentrification of ShiPaTown.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Another great episode. Jenner's driving had me in stitches.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's technically a 3 parter. The last two weeks were Jimmy centric and next week will likely be too

Caliane

I don't get it. If Leslie is a native advertisement, and PC principle is adblock, stopping her from talking before she even says anything... are they saying safespaces are adblock and adblock is bad because it stops you from experiencing new ideas and sales pitches you didn't want to see?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never expected this season to be on the level its been. For as long as they've been doing this (and considering some of the recent seasons where certain episodes might have suggested they were losing their touch) its really impressive what they are throwing down. Should be a great finish next week.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't get it. If Leslie is a native advertisement, and PC principle is adblock, stopping her from talking before she even says anything... are they saying safespaces are adblock and adblock is bad because it stops you from experiencing new ideas and sales pitches you didn't want to see?
They aren't saying anything.

They're making you think about it. They're not philosophers, they just actually provoke thought which is rare these days.

At least that's my 2 cents.

Caliane

i dont know. I think they might actually be against adblock. they outright say, adblock caused native advertising as the war of ads escalated.

they are big fans of personal responsibility. we see the kids get railroaded and distracted by ads. which ok. kids are immature, its to be excepted. Responsible adults should be reigning in kids being taken by too much ads. But then we see the adults do it too. the key here is, the adults in south park are caricatures of irresponsible adults.
I would not be surprised if the end is "stop trying to build a bubble around yourself, and just act like an adult and ignore things you don't want or need"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well they should know that adblock is not just about blocking ads. I don't mind ads, I mind my computer getting a digital Kongdong up its ass.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I just meant in general Caliane. They may have been specific about adblock, but they often make fun of everything in an attempt to make us all uncomfortable.

I use adblock primarily to get around ads when I'm illegally watching sports...so yeah, guilty.

spronk

FPS noob
i assumed pc principle was just another ad (he was ON the ad with leslie for happy pills or whatever so him being adblock doesn't make sense) who also grew self aware but is inherently benevolent and protective, whereas leslie wants to go all skynet on us

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Blocking ads is not just about being cheap bastards, it's also about plugging the most gaping holes in your device's security.

I think the point will be along the line of "The times, they are a changing, but fuck you, we are still here and relevant"