South Park

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think they are conflating ad block with any particular SJW issue nor promoting or decrying adblock. Its more just that this episode was totally about ads and the internet. If had been more of a stand alone theme than tied in with the continuity of this season no one would think to ask where the connection was. The native advertising thing feels like more of a tangent they've delved into for the past few episodes than something related to the PC theme.

Er, wait. PC...PC principal, personal computer, the computer staring back at the kids. He's literally a PC principal, he and Leslie were both actualized as psychical embodiments, now he's a PC or in PC's and targeted advertising is his whole prime directive. Which means Leslie might actually be fighting him after all and not betraying Jimmy, she just needed him out of her way to go to work without his interference. If any of this turns out to be true I swear I just thought of it while typing the post. I didn't see it postulated elsewhere first.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every week there's some little thing that just sticks with me despite being a minor throwaway gag. The part where Jenner didn't want to wear a fake mustache was great. The whole "you're thinking with your dick Jimmy" and Barbrady shooting the dude were good little touches too. The PC bros hunger strike, then the newsman saying they hadn't eaten anypussy, lol. The way the news anchors addressed each other too, this was a great episode.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I liked this episode but it felt very short compared to the others. Maybe because it was just a continuation of the plot but not really any more additions to it?

Caliane

Ex Mechania?
are you questioning the existence of an Ex Machina reference(there was), or his terrible spelling of Ex Machina(which you also misspelled).
ps. not making fun. I am really not sure which of these is correct.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
are you questioning the existence of an Ex Machina reference(there was), or his terrible spelling of Ex Machina(which you also misspelled).
Oh didn't read any previous stuff in the thread for this episode, I was half way through the episode and felt a vibe that Trey/Matt must have just watched that movie.

Ex Machina(which you also misspelled).
Ha tired of this silly language, is it mac like Big Mac or mach speed, or Mac like "oh I got a Mac", do we pronounce it Mach-ina? Sigh, even the spell checker on this site doesn't like it. English needs a compiler. Foreign phrases, need to have some type of import statement in front of them or something.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Machina is Latin, that covers a wide spectrum of languages.
Some words taken are anglicized to match, and others are simply lifted and used unaltered, and for a language which isn't regarded as Latin based, there sure is a lot of it in English, speaks a lot about Rome I guess. I'm going no where with this, just a poorly spun minor rant.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
A lot of people will take what they want, but I love the idea were all a bunch of whining fucking babies who dig ourselves into huge messes then expect the worst possible person to dig us out of our mess...the government.

The C with the little D that fucks the L

edit: Anyone other nerds get a Babylon 5 feel from Randy's last line to Whole Foods?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I felt like this was one of the weaker episodes of the season, but still good.

It seemed like they tried to tied up all the storylines but maybe they needed one more episode to do it more elegantly ? I wasn't quite sure what the army capturing PC principal with Leslie releasing him was supposed mean. Guess that ads only enemy is someone with clear mind and goal since they can't distract him ?

Classimobile was awesome, with Randy recognizing her.

Shelly, take care of grandpa !

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I felt the Ex Machina reference was really a Blade Runner reference, and the last episode with the turtle question clinched it for me.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah it was definitely blade runner reference, they may have watched a bit of orphan black too as the latest season had some of that language as well.

the first half of the finale was brilliant, especially the gun stuff was fantastic, but the second half kinda petered out and a finale that didn't really satisfy. Still one of their best seasons, no doubt. I wonder if a lot of the setup is for their next game, Fractured But Whole. The D&D episode stuff from a few seasons ago setup for the video game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
comedy central is playing the entire season in a marathon today. its great how well all the episodes tie in from previous ones. better than last season.