South Park

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My favorite "member" line so far is "member Chewbacca agaaaaiin?" Floors me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
"Member the 80's?"
"Ooh, member the 90's?"
"Yeah yeah, member the 80's tho?"
"No no no, remember the 90's?"

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have seriously not watched South Park since the time when Cartman's mom was also his dad. Not because I disliked it, I just never kept up with it.

However, with the craziness of this election, I just had to watch this season, and I have not been disappointed. Now I sort of feel like I should go back and watch from the beginning, but that's a ton of TV.

The vagina with balls had me dying. I forgot how much I love this show.

Last season was basically a relaunch of the series. Prior to that episodes can be hit are miss. Some really presage the current evolution of the show towards an internet social media centric focus, while others are simply unwatchable.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
half of the stuff going on right now isn't even really happening. its an illusion induced by memberberries.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I do kind of think it's the memberberries making everyone... weird

but also consider this: crab people

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think the last episode was one of the greatest south park episodes, will it keep getting better? There's just so many different things amusing me about it, I'm still smiling a day later.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think the last episode was one of the greatest south park episodes, will it keep getting better? There's just so many different things amusing me about it, I'm still smiling a day later.
I think anything where they make fun of asians is beyond awesome, cuz they do it so well
Chinpokemon
Princess Kenny
Lets fighting love

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They totally changed the show, awesome so far!

If i'm being honest, I preferred the old format with self contained episodes, or at most 3 episode arcs while occasionally revisiting great gags from season's past (for instance manbearpig). There seem to be more dud episodes with this format while they're setting everything up.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
saw an interview with them that said they were unsure about doing this season as a serial again. i'm betting season 21 will be back to mostly stand-alones.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't mind if character development is continuous, but it doesn't have to be one long interconnected story. I think they're getting their fill from both games and will be back to random hijinx soon enough.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They're going to end up alienating a lot of their audience with it... Not the guys like the posters in this thread, but the more casual fan that doesn't spend every Wednesday night in front of their TV to catch the new episodes ASAP.

If someone ends up putting on episode 3 while channel surfing, having not seen the first 2... They will be very lost.

Even the serial from last season at least had themed episodes that you could get without having to see the whole season.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like Nickelodeon chowin' down on some memberberries too. You guys member Double Dare?? Member All That?? Ohh man, member Pete and Pete???

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you guys remember, they only did the whole PC thing as a protest for all the PC shit in the media the last few years. if trump gets elected i expect south park will go back to normal.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My girlfriend who hadn't seen this season gave a passionate defence of how giant douche is better than turd sandwich. I then informed her that was garrison/trump.

Is the giant douche just water or is some of the stuff it's douching included to make it gross? Or is she being too practical and it's just an analogy.