South Park

Loco_sl

shitlord
There's no way Cartman is going to take an ass-whipping like that and not come back. I just refuse to believe it. He has to be playing the long game, and will end up saving everyone from PC bullshit in a glorious fashion.

The ending was definitely a big let down, but I'm excited to see where they take the next episode. I have a suspicion it will be a 3 part series like last year, and then have the rest of the season flexible with references sprinkled in.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yeah, they might be able to salvage the episode if they are delaying the payoff until a part 2. I wouldn't mind seeing Cartman commit entirely to becoming an SJW (and illustrating their worst qualities). They've done some great 2-parters before ("Go Go God" was fantastic) but the season premiere was pretty disappointing overall.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That boomboom video is hot.

The ending of the episode was confused and incoherent, but I trust in tray and matt to bring it home either in the next episode or later in the season. My biggest complaint is how they ignored that the principal put one of his kids in the hospital. They at least needed to do a scene where barbrany tried to arrest him and got PC donkey punched too.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
That boomboom video is hot.

The ending of the episode was confused and incoherent, but I trust in tray and matt to bring it home either in the next episode or later in the season. My biggest complaint is how they ignored that the principal put one of his kids in the hospital. They at least needed to do a scene where barbrany tried to arrest him and got PC donkey punched too.
Think Kyle said that Cartman refused to tell anyone who beat him up when they went to visit him in the hospital, which obviously doesn't make any sense since Cartman got his ass kicked in the first place while trying to frame the principal in the bathroom. Seems to me that putting a kid in the hospital by almost killing him with your bare hands would warrant getting fired and arrested...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's part of the whole shtick though, that everyone is afraid of the violent overreaction of the PC krew but no one will say anything or call them out for it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Besides that, hasn't cartman been playing the SJW PC card for a long time? Like the cis episode for example. He just rarely gets violent about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Besides that, hasn't cartman been playing the SJW PC card for a long time? Like the cis episode for example. He just rarely gets violent about it.
he has only done stuff like that in order to benefit himself, when he was identifying as female he was doing it so he could take a crap in the girl's bathroom which is cleaner, when that didnt work, he ended up with his own private bathroom. at his core Cartman has always been a racist selfish little brat, so for him to admit defeat to the PC bullies, that was a huge moment. hopefully he sticks it to those fuckers next week.

Cybsled

This has shades of the episode where everything looked like shit to Stan and everyone on this board thought that meant Matt+Trey were quitting South Park.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This has shades of the episode where everything looked like shit to Stan and everyone on this board thought that meant Matt+Trey were quitting South Park.
They aren't quitting yet. South Park prints money. Besides, some of my all time favorite episodes have been in the last few seasons.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The whole continuity thing they started last season has kind of given the show a breath of fresh air imo.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, on the flipside the best SP episodes have been more recent topical 'one-episode-bonanzas' and traditionally their multi-parters have started to fall apart just due to them trying to stretch 1.5 worth of content to 2 or 3.

I don't dislike it yet, however I think last season they missed a opportunities with some continuity. Hopefully this season will be great, but judging by the ending of the first one it almost appears they phoned in the ending or have already gotten too used to continuity where they can kind of just 'end' each episode anywhere without the gut-puncher that was typical of the best of seasons' past.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying this new continuity in the show works nicely with the speedy format they use to make new episodes and let them change the series up a bit without going full retard. Buckle-up Buckaroo...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2nd eps was either better than the 1st, just b/c or b/c the 2nd eps was building upon the 1st w/ continuity. Either way it's south park, name 3 television shows that are airing right now that are just as good?

ok 2 shows.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I died when the Canadian parents said that it looked like charlotte and butters were actually falling in "slow Cosby".