South Park

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The SJWs/PC warriors on twitter are not happy; they think where its serialized now the capitulation at the end was mocking how people are beaten over the head and forced to give in to things they don't really believe in. I guess how this episode is, is going to depend on how the season rolls.

Edit: That being said, framing the PC culture as actually cult like white bullies? Is hilarious. I'm betting for most people that haven't been following GG or the butthurt thread they might not get the joke--but the shit is capturing the current culture of dumb ass militant reporters witch hunting people for innocuous conversations pretty well.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So I'm confused, seems we have people complaining it was pro-SJW, but the SJW are blowing up twitter. Dammit, need to watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The SJWs/PC warriors on twitter are not happy; they think where its serialized now the capitulation at the end was mocking how people are beaten over the head and forced to give in to things they don't really believe in. I guess how this episode is, is going to depend on how the season rolls.

Edit: That being said, framing the PC culture as actually cult like white bullies? Is hilarious. I'm betting for most people that haven't been following GG or the butthurt thread they might not get the joke--but the shit is capturing the current culture of dumb ass militant reporters witch hunting people for innocuous conversations pretty well.
i was thinking that last night. that they are going to establish the PC bully movement and then slowly destroy it over the course of the season, but that shit was such a fucking downer for a season premiere that i doubt i ever watch a repeat of that episode again. its almost as bad as the queef episode or the britney episode.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I'm confused, seems we have people complaining it was pro-SJW, but the SJW are blowing up twitter. Dammit, need to watch.
It is definitely, 100% lampooning SJW culture. It shows them as raging, violent bullies who use the concept of Social Justice to justify them doing actual harm (Bullying, physical violence), but essentially saying they are doing it to help minorities that aren't even represented in their ranks. They made the Soc Jus people into, literally, a cult like fraternity group.

One of the best parts was they made it a point to warp definitions of words..haha harassment of Kyle became "checking his privilege", and beating up Cartman became defending women and Italians. At the end of the episode they did something that I think mostly people who have been in the recent spats online would recognize, which is why I'm guessing some guys in the thread didn't get it...They had Cartman "see the light" and become an SJW; but then he did some horrifically racist shit, like using child Syrian refugees and launching Tacos to lure in pregnant Mexicans (Not kidding); however he was able to justify it all, and the frat justified it, because it helped check Kyle's privilege. (In other words, they were mocking how many of these people tend to be huge bigots themselves, but cover it up as "for the greater good"--even if they actively denigrate individual minorities...IE rich white dudes speaking for minorities. Essentially Kotaku.)

It was a really good episode. But in the end, the South Park characters "lost" because Kyle had to admit what he didn't want to, and I think people here just thought it was a fucking downer because PC principle was a massive dick, and "won". But if you look at the overall episode they are def going for a theme of SJWs only winning because they are great at using group think to intimidate and cover up their bullying, and also forcing capitulation of moderates by actively making things worse for many people (So moderates, looking to just stop these witch hunters from fucking with people, will give in and say what they want.)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Great episode. Don't overthink it twats. Otherwise we will send in Syrian children and Jared.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That just seemed like a horrible strategy. Jared would neutralize the children by stuffing them full of 6 inch subs.

Caliane

I think the IGN article was fairly on point.
South Park: Review - IGN

Mostly, mocking SJW. But made a few other points as well.
and in the end. "we all lost, and you won"

Aka the only ones winning, are the anarchists, and opportunists.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cartman asks Butters to find 200 pregnant mexicans and he gives the "Okay" like it's not a challenge at all. He's still in the pimping business.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Randy explaining his frat bullshit while hung over and using the term 'refreshments' made me laugh every time. It's the little nuanced shit like that that I have come to enjoy the most in these recent seasons.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mostly, mocking SJW. But made a few other points as well.
and in the end. "we all lost, and you won"
Well, you can take the double meaning from it but that part was totally referencing the Tom Brady sub-theme.

Anyway, lame-ish ending, but I'm guessing we are going to have another season with continuity from one episode to the next so its more of a "to be continued" probably.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I lost my shit just with seeing all the dumb open mouthed fratboy faces. I liked the episode a lot.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would have liked this eps 1000% more if they kept Cartman as PC/SJW for the entire season, like a long running gag.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
you're probably retarded if you thought that was pro-SJW. ending was still weak, but hopefully it's something they attack on the long run in this season.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought the episode was pretty funny over all and really captured how I feel the blue hairs are acting. I just didn't like the ending much because I expected some big pay off. Hopefully it comes later this season.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
2NSErNg.gif

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If the story line is mostly ended (unlikely given the last season) then I am disappointed overall. If it is continued and doubles-down, I am mjpopcorn.gif.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The genius of South Park is that they make people on both sides of the coin look like idiots. In this episode, they just phoned it in. The ending was just flat.