Soylent!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$120ish as I said was full bachelor, so usually water + ramen + frozen bag mixed veggies and an egg = $1.34, PButter Jelly under a buck, Dinner of rice and black beans with a little salt and butter which was 2 meals worth ~1$ (.67cent can + the rice). Few other similiar boring/bland dishes. Also helped that I also worked where I got free snacks/food variably. And that is also a no thrills not happy food eating existence.

I spend much more now, but I also will still just have a can of beans for lunch too.

Sludig

Bump, saw an ad in my Facebook feed. Version 2.0 in bottle and a 1.6 powder that is soy instead of rice based. anyone still following this and know if it's any better or reasonably priced?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Don't consume a large amount of soy unless you want titties and to have your monthly.

Sludig

Ya want super thrilled about soy base. Kinda kills trying to make it a majority of meals replacement. Need to look at math but looks current prices are almost affordable with to try justifying it.

Vinen

God is dead
This is going to lead to more infertile guys.

Thankfully nobody wants people who drink this stuff to reproduce.

Sludig

Lol, why hate, i just don't want to cook since my wife won't. Positive side effect i don't want kids and she does. Win win

Siliconemelons

Lol, why hate, i just don't want to cook since my wife won't. Positive side effect i don't want kids and she does. Win win
And then when she leaves you because she wants a kid, you will have your own tits to play with :)

Soy soy! I don't see why they don't offer both bases, soy and rice, as soy is well known as not a good thing for long term male consumption.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since I started the thread I guess I'll post an update. I only tried it for a couple weeks and quit because it wasn't my thing. It tasted fine and I didn't mind drinking/eating it- even though it's basically like consuming pancake batter. My issue was that the formula they use is way too carb-heavy. They need a version that triples the protein and cuts the carbs by 80% and I would probably look at it again.

My room mate saw me using it and was pretty curious. He tried it and ended up sticking with it for almost a year. He is very, very lazy and didn't want to fuck around with making dinner when he got home. So he usually had a normal bfast, ate lunch at work, and came home and did the Soylent thing. He gained about 20 pounds. He went from upper 140's to upper 160's. He's been off it for about 4 months but hasn't lost the weight he gained.

His main problem is that his dietary choices are unhealthy and he doesn't exercise. Strangely though, he was able to maintain his weight with those same habits prior to soylent. Something happened when he started consuming soylent though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Is he a really small/short guy, or something? Or did he get off meth as well?