SPAC & IPO Ideas

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH really plunging for lows today.

Got a feeling this is going to be another sit at nav spac soon, although the tontine / warrant structure should keep it valued higher. (2 warrant for every 9 commons held through merge)

*Edit* Just as I post this, the biggest volume candle of the day comes in on buys. Bought another 400 shares 8c from today's bottom. Up to 4k shares now.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH really plunging for lows today.

Got a feeling this is going to be another sit at nav spac soon, although the tontine / warrant structure should keep it valued higher. (2 warrant for every 9 commons held through merge)

*Edit* Just as I post this, the biggest volume candle of the day comes in on buys. Bought another 400 shares 8c from today's bottom. Up to 4k shares now.
I wrote more puts on it at the $22.50 strike

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added some SFVA at $10.10. Brought my cost basis under $11 which is much closer to NAV than it was before.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IF these numbers are valid those are nice margins "Pagaya registered revenue reflecting $300 million annually, and a profit of $100 million for the year."

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For you gamblers who like to buy calls...

edit: I looked at the option chain and he was right. I actually bought the Dec $7.5 calls for $3.20. Stock is trading at $10.55 so I spent 15 cents premium for 239 days of time value. This really is a deal considering a DA should run this up at least to $12 - 13 and the Delta is 90 cents. Blazin Blazin Fogel Fogel This is a Peter Thiel/Richard Li backed SPAC so a great founder team. It might be worth a consideration to actually buy the calls for a change.

These calls jumped to over $5 on the last gap up on a rumor a few weeks ago.

1619111557898.png

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
NKLA went up to 90 AFTER the merger and the stock ticker change. Hyliion spiked that way too didn't it?

SPACs are the wild west!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is it bad that I want LAZR to crash again just so I can trade it some more?

• 1Tendies

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone playing at home, in case you were wondering about all the SPACs/meme stocks that had a nice solid 2-3 days last week, they all got max shorted back at the open today. Available shares are zero for most of them (LAZR, VLDR, etc)

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting to note that BTWN, BTNB, PSTH and SVFA have never broken below NAV.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those who follow SPACs we know that volume is everything in terms of price movement. Here are the volumes of what I consider the top-shelf SPACs
XPOA - 29k
BTWN - 101k
BTNB - 18k
PSTH - 630k
SVFA - 50k
GSAH - 320k

There is a reason they are all sitting around NAV. Just need to sit and wait for a DA and the feeding frenzy to commence.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For those who follow SPACs we know that volume is everything in terms of price movement. Here are the volumes of what I consider the top-shelf SPACs
XPOA - 29k
BTWN - 101k
BTNB - 18k
PSTH - 630k
SVFA - 50k
GSAH - 320k

There is a reason they are all sitting around NAV. Just need to sit and wait for a DA and the feeding frenzy to commence.

BTNB, PSTH, XPOA for me. I'd like to get BTWN and GSAH (which I had for a while) but I'm now more in the camp of "have more in a smaller number of things and hope for the best". Rather than splitting the same amount 5 or 6 ways I'll split it 2 or 3 at the most. Unfortunately I can't drop 100k on a speculative investment either.

The best time I had with a stock so far was CCIV and I'd love to replicate that only with something I got near NAV (and not late like CCIV after paperhandsing it early)

Cryptos have drawn most of the attention but I gotta say SPACs still have their own appeal.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
XPOA - 29k
BTWN - 101k
BTNB - 18k
PSTH - 630k
SVFA - 50k
GSAH - 320k

So as someone that is not knowledgeable about SPACs, what does volume have to do with price movement of SPACs? I have a small amount of cash that I may be interested in buying some.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So as someone that is not knowledgeable about SPACs, what does volume have to do with price movement of SPACs? I have a small amount of cash that I may be interested in buying some.
Low volume means the stocks aren't being traded much which means there isn't any interest feeding a price movement upwards. Now is a pretty good time to buy, especially if it is below NAV. Just be prepared for it to sit a while and do nothing.

My personal opinion is XPOA is a steal below $10 and I have bought as much as my portfolio weight will allow. I trade options on PSTH every time if dips under $23 and am waiting for GSAH and SVFA to dip under $10 to add.

• 1Like