SPAC & IPO Ideas

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GSAH is a resilient bitch. I think it's the only high quality SPAC (excluding PSTH) that hasn't dipped below $10 during SPACageddon. I wonder if GS just buys the shares if it gets close to $10?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What are people's hopes and dreams for PSTH?

I managed to get my average buy-in price down to $23.50/share. Unfortunately I couldn't get it any lower than that due to being a late adopter. Will still be a big gain even if it only reaches CCIV DA levels, and I feel like that's probably underestimating it. And of course there's also the possibility of holding onto this one.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What are people's hopes and dreams for PSTH?

I managed to get my average buy-in price down to $23.50/share. Unfortunately I couldn't get it any lower than that due to being a late adopter. Will still be a big gain even if it only reaches CCIV DA levels, and I feel like that's probably underestimating it. And of course there's also the possibility of holding onto this one.
Two possible outcomes. It's a company I like and I am in on the cheap or I don't like it and I sell on the jump.

I dony fear Ackman fucking us for two reasons. He gets no Founders shares and his fund PS owns like a third of PSTH. He isn't going to be doing a pump and dump.

Billy isn't a dumb guy. Who knew exactly what he was doing with that interview. He could have said nothing, but instead chose a day when PSTH was testing a new low of 22.50 and confidence was breaking to give out enormous info and bring the stock back to life.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bloomberg would be a great business. It’s mature and is a cash cow with its terminal services. However, there’s not that great of a moat? Ackman also said it would be “recession proof” and “markets could stop tomorrow and still make money” That doesn’t seem to fit. Lastly, as mature as Bloomberg is, what does BB need a $5B cash injection for? It’s not a growth company. Ackman said it would trade “multiples” higher in the future.

Either way, he has too much riding on it for Pershing Square to be a shit deal. Still hold that tiny glimmer of hope for Starlink. Likely something less exciting, but profitable, like Mars brand… or Bloomberg.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bloomberg would be a great business. It’s mature and is a cash cow with its terminal services. However, there’s not that great of a moat? Ackman also said it would be “recession proof” and “markets could stop tomorrow and still make money” That doesn’t seem to fit. Lastly, as mature as Bloomberg is, what does BB need a $5B cash injection for? It’s not a growth company. Ackman said it would trade “multiples” higher in the future.

Either way, he has too much riding on it for Pershing Square to be a shit deal. Still hold that tiny glimmer of hope for Starlink. Likely something less exciting, but profitable, like Mars brand… or Bloomberg.
Bloomberg, Fidelity and Mars are the name I keep seeing pop up. I dont think Starlink fits the bill though it would be cool, I don't see the Cathay family giving up operational control of Chick-Fil-A and Publix has been sort of shot down by Ackman as he doesnt like grocery stores.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stripe as well, but their last valuation was something silly like $95B, which would make PSTH stake fairly insignificant.

True on Publix, Ackman flat out said in the interview last week that he’s got zero interest in grocers and that there is a lot of current disruption in that space.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stripe as well, but their last valuation was something silly like $95B, which would make PSTH stake fairly insignificant.

True on Publix, Ackman flat out said in the interview last week that he’s got zero interest on them and there is a lot of current disruption in that space.
I honestly dont see it being Stripe. The founders are looking to cash in on a monster IPO that will make them billionaires because investors never learn and will overpay the shit out of it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With Bill saying potentially "weeks" before a deal, it fired up a lot of enthusiasm and bullish sentiment. Just need to keep in mind, he said "weeks .. or we move to the next one". If this deal falls through, we are going to be right back to $22 or lower. Not sure he would announce when they have moved to another target, but if we dont hear any DA by end of June, this is going to be hit.

Either way, I am content to sit on all of my shares under expiration. If we see $22 again or lower, I have room to add a couple thousand more shares.

Bullish in the short term!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BTWN and BTNB both above NAV...

Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Romy

• 1Tendies
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users