SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Damn it guys, I didn't know anything about SPACs and based on this thread I bought about $10k of XPOA a month ago! But at least you are right, it's easy to get out without much loss since I bought at 9.95 or therabouts so I'm only out about $100. Since this news was not well-received, will it typically just sit around NAV until the merge?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn it guys, I didn't know anything about SPACs and based on this thread I bought about $10k of XPOA a month ago! But at least you are right, it's easy to get out without much loss since I bought at 9.95 or therabouts so I'm only out about $100. Since this news was not well-received, will it typically just sit around NAV until the merge?
Only speaking historically, yes it should. It may float up closer to $10 at some point as the vote gets closer or someone famous may tweet out what a great deal this is and it moons.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think one of the things I love most about options expiry is the whining of PSTH call buyers when their calls expire worthless.

Some people just never learn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Spacs in general have been flat in Feb so best to take your money some where liable to get some gains, even if its SPY/QQQ or another ETF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Spacs in general have been flat in Feb so best to take your money some where liable to get some gains, even if its SPY/QQQ or another ETF
At least I didn't buy crypto with it at the end of April!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Long as fuck theorycrafting on PSTH and Stripe/Plaid merger. If these autists would put the same efforts into solving world peace we would be a global paradise by now.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GSAH
Block of 10k shares for sale at $10.10 after hours.

1621886950584.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
man i just don't get this 🤷‍♂️ (PSTH & Bloomberg)
The thought process is that Ackman does want the media aspects of Bloomberg and this new company could be used to spin them off. This could also represent the "significant" complexity he was discussing.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bloomberg prints money too. $10B revenue per year.

Happy to take that over some unprofitable speculative EV company / tech like a lot of the other spacs have taken on.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing that he hasnt said previously. "Weeks", however they will announce if it does or does not go through. They already have multiple targets for aquisition if the deal doesn't go through. Doesn't exactly sound bullish either.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing that he hasnt said previously. "Weeks", however they will announce if it does or does not go through. They already have multiple targets for aquisition if the deal doesn't go through. Doesn't exactly sound bullish either.
I wish there was more, but legally he is limited as to what he can say I guess. Shrug.
Are You What GIF by ABC Network

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added my last tranche to GSAH so my last SPAC now has a full position. Got my cost basis down to $10.10 so its pretty much just opportunity cost as risk at this point with this one.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CNBC segment on Ackman's spac PSTH and flubbed "trading 1.5x nav".

Ermm.. no talkinghead.. no.