SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Jysin Jysin Fogel Fogel Blazin Blazin

I need another set of eyes on this. So my only concern with PSTH (and its a major one) is that I hold it all in my IRA. I cant trade international in a retirement account, but I believe I can hold the international stock in. But will get boned on taxes. Also to take advantage of the SPARC I would need copious amounts of cash which I am capped by law into depositing.

The second isn't "insurmountable" by waiting until tax day to make my deposit to keep it flexible and allow me to deposit it earlier if the SPARC drops. I have about 500 shares so that would be max of 10k to max out the SPARC. So not impossible.

Im thinking about selling weekly covered calls near the money. If they pop then I can opt to grab some shares or write puts from my brokerage account.

As to the warrants in my IRA I am thinking about not redeeming them and just letting them convert 1:1 into PSTH remainco and see if he gets a good target for that.

Thoughts?

Well I already made my vote via selling @ 23.50. THe vote is the 22nd I believe so maybe at least wait till then as this may all be moot if the deal doesn't even happen. As far as the future cash for the SPARC there is no rule that you have to fully participate.

If you do decide to exit , I think selling near or to ATM calls is not a bad way to try to salvage something out of it since the stock should have a pretty strong floor 10% below this price. Maybe just see how many months you can sell $23 strikes, the IV is likely to really decline though.

The warrants I have no idea, are you underwater on them now? Can you just dump them for even?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lordstown Motors having a small spike outta nowhere today. I got out of that at like $16. Looks like the class action lawsuit is ramping up. I should probably try to get in on that list since I lost around $150 on RIDE.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well I already made my vote via selling @ 23.50. THe vote is the 22nd I believe so maybe at least wait till then as this may all be moot if the deal doesn't even happen. As far as the future cash for the SPARC there is no rule that you have to fully participate.

If you do decide to exit , I think selling near or to ATM calls is not a bad way to try to salvage something out of it since the stock should have a pretty strong floor 10% below this price. Maybe just see how many months you can sell $23 strikes, the IV is likely to really decline though.

The warrants I have no idea, are you underwater on them now? Can you just dump them for even?
My initial plan if I exit is to use covered calls. I am green since I bought in on day one so thats not the worry. Its not that I am against the UMG purchase, i dont mind owning cash cows and the NFT thing could really take off and they are positioned to capitalize on it. Its the mechanics of the moving parts that for me personally are less than ideal since my shares are in a retirement account.

My warrants are barely red, but I am fine holding those and not redeeming them and see how the remainco does. My calculations have the new strike in the 6-6.25 range on the warrants with a 5.25 share price NAV.

I have read that Ackman is hamstrung on what he can say until the vote so there is hope he is going to address the issues next week after the vote. I also read that right after the vote and he will be a 10% stakeholder in UMG that he will petition Vivendi to dual trade the stock on the NYSE as an ADR.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes I need to do some research on PSTH too. I have mine in Fidelity Brokeragelink, which is my own managed 401k.

I've been out of the loop a couple weeks flying back to the US for a family emergency.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"Did you get the DNUT stock?"

"The what stock?"

"Deeznuts, got em!"
Speaking of DNUTs, Davey Day Trader got Twitter suspended for announcing he was going to tea-bag someone. I dont get it though, its pride week so why would Dave get suspended for announcing his intent to perform a gay sex act?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well at least they are blazing a trail where no one else has gone before. Oh wait...

"Sprinklr provides enterprise software that helps clients with marketing, advertising, and customer engagement efforts."

Think this one is different because they focus on so many digital channels other software providers don't support. Like all social media, WeChat, VK. Commerce via messaging is becoming real hot. Every digital platform is getting onboard with it. It's been the focus of like...every IG feature release the past two years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vivendi approved the UMG spin-off with 99% of the vote. Ackman to have a livestream info session later today now that he can speak freely.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH actually moving a bit. Can't wait for Ackman to actually hit the media circuit and pump this deal.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH actually moving a bit. Can't wait for Ackman to actually hit the media circuit and pump this deal.
at 23.50 which is where the first real resistance is. This bullshit of the Euronext exchange is really pissing me off. If it wasn't for that I would be feeling good. There is zero reason now that the vote is done he can't address this and why we have to wait until tomorrow for him to hopefully say something. Im tempted to sell my commons now for green and hold my warrants and see how it shakes out. I would be losing out on a chunk of the 2/9 warrants though :-(

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It broke 23.50 by 1 penny and sold a bit. (Retesting the 20 day isnt a bad thing before continuing higher. Validates the move further.)

Everyone is assuming a NYSE ADR listing. Euronext certainly doesn't trade with the same bloated levels as the US markets. It would certainly power this thing higher if he came out and announced an ADR for US market. UMG stock is the type that big fund managers load up with. Growth, constant revenue stream / royalties, etc.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It broke 23.50 by 1 penny and sold a bit. (Retesting the 20 day isnt a bad thing before continuing higher. Validates the move further.)

Everyone is assuming a NYSE ADR listing. Euronext certainly doesn't trade with the same bloated levels as the US markets. It would certainly power this thing higher if he came out and announced an ADR for US market. UMG stock is the type that big fund managers load up with. Growth, constant revenue stream / royalties, etc.
My issue with it is that I hold PSTH in my IRA. I can't take the Euronext shares in it. I have to have it trade on a US exchange one way or another.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My issue with it is that I hold PSTH in my IRA. I can't take the Euronext shares in it. I have to have it trade on a US exchange one way or another.
My 7k shares are in my Fidelity Brokeragelink account (self managed 401k). I need to do some reading on how it trades post-split.