SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bloog, I was about to add some BTNB today since I noticed it was still down at a sweet $10.00 yesterday...now it's $10.20 with the rumor. I literally got on there just to make a BTNB buy and saw that. Well, I'll get more if it goes back down. My cost average is $10.50 (would have been a lot lower if I'd managed to make that buy at $10). Waiting to see if it gets lower once news gets around that Bloomberg may have gotten it wrong. BTNB was the first SPAC I got, and I'll stick with it.

Is Traveloka a big deal? I've never heard of it.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bloog, I was about to add some BTNB today since I noticed it was still down at a sweet $10.00 yesterday...now it's $10.20 with the rumor. I literally got on there just to make a BTNB buy and saw that. Well, I'll get more if it goes back down. My cost average is $10.50 (would have been a lot lower if I'd managed to make that buy at $10). Waiting to see if it gets lower once news gets around that Bloomberg may have gotten it wrong. BTNB was the first SPAC I got, and I'll stick with it.

Is Traveloka a big deal? I've never heard of it.
The Bridgetown SPACs are all targeting the unmolested realm of SE Asia companies so most of the companies wont be Western household names.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watching my paper loss in BTNB slowly evaporate be like...

Nice GIF by MOODMAN

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Breaking News from the Newswire. Only about 12 hours late...

Market Chatter: Thiel, Li SPAC Bridgetown 2 Holdings in Merger Talks With Singapore's PropertyGuru
MT NEWSWIRES 3:42 PM ET 6/8/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
BTNB 10.28down +0.2 (+1.9841%)
QUOTES AS OF 03:48:22 PM ET 06/08/2021
03:42 PM EDT, 06/08/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Bridgetown 2 Holdings(BTNB) , the blank-check company sponsored by US venture capitalist Peter Thiel and Hong Kong tycoon Richard Li, is in advanced merger talks with PropertyGuru, a Singapore-based online real estate marketplace backed by KKR (KKR) and TPG Capital, Bloomberg News reported Tuesday, citing unidentified sources.

A transaction providing PropertyGuru with a US market listing via Bridgetown, formally classified as a special purpose acquisition company, might be announced as soon as next month, Bloomberg reported, citing those sources, who also said a deal might value the combined company at $2 billion.

A Bridgetown 2 Holdings(BTNB) representative would not comment, while PropertyGuru Chief Executive Officer Hari Krishnan said the company is always looking to any beneficial scenario to fund its growth but declined to comment further, the business news service reported.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
RH probably just wants more time for people to forget their shenanigans before the IPO.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTNB way up today...which sucks for me because I never got around to the big deposit I was going to do at 10.00 a couple days ago. Held off when it was 10.20 yesterday, then today it got to 10.40 and I'm still holding off. Situations like this are difficult to figure out. Do I just jump in, wait for a decline that might not happen, buy in now and watch it immediately plummet? I don't know. I guess if all else fails I'll just be happy with whatever my initial investment does.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
BTNB way up today...which sucks for me because I never got around to the big deposit I was going to do at 10.00 a couple days ago. Held off when it was 10.20 yesterday, then today it got to 10.40 and I'm still holding off. Situations like this are difficult to figure out. Do I just jump in, wait for a decline that might not happen, buy in now and watch it immediately plummet? I don't know. I guess if all else fails I'll just be happy with whatever my initial investment does.
Huh? Its up $.08. Thats nothing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Huh? Its up $.08. Thats nothing.

It's something when you have a large amount in the stock and another large amount ready to add to it, and are super-concerned with avoiding any more unnecessary losses after a string of body blows last month.

I'll see how it does tomorrow morning, cash at the ready.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
That like 80 basis points you elitist :)

It was up a bit more and faded.
Still shit compared to what SPACs were doing before the Great Meme Crash of 2021. For .8% I might as well be in a decent dividend stonk. By the way have you seen what XOM has been doing since Biden? Glad I hodled it.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still shit compared to what SPACs were doing before the Great Meme Crash of 2021. For .8% I might as well be in a decent dividend stonk. By the way have you seen what XOM has been doing since Biden? Glad I hodled it.
I actually came close to buying some CVX when it was in the 60's. I kept my word to never do energy again though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTNB way up in the pre-market (10.43). At this rate soon it'll reach my buy-in amount (that was too high). Still haven't gotten to do my next buy-in! Oh well.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH up another 2% on the Ackman shitpost from last night.

ps. The sock puppet video is quite funny.

Last edited: