SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Holy shit. NSH got its first coverage and its a $22 price target. NSH merging with Global Spire (satellite data company).

Benchmark Starts NavSight Holdings at Buy With $22 Price Target
MT NEWSWIRES 8:47 AM ET 6/11/2021
08:47 AM EDT, 06/11/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (MT Newswires covers equity, commodity and economic research from major banks and research firms in North America, Asia and Europe. Research providers may contact us here: Contact Us - MT Newswires)

ps.. Global spire has my kind of diverse leadership at the top. White guy, White guy and White guy.

1623416119904.png

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. NSH got its first coverage and its a $22 price target. NSH merging with Global Spire (satellite data company).

Benchmark Starts NavSight Holdings at Buy With $22 Price Target
MT NEWSWIRES 8:47 AM ET 6/11/2021
08:47 AM EDT, 06/11/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (MT Newswires covers equity, commodity and economic research from major banks and research firms in North America, Asia and Europe. Research providers may contact us here: Contact Us - MT Newswires)

ps.. Global spire has my kind of diverse leadership at the top. White guy, White guy and White guy.

View attachment 357927

Looks like an angry Jew, an aspy, and a child.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
CRCH-WT up 13% this morning. This and GSAH are the two SPAC warrants I've been watching. Exit strategy is +30% of initial buy in for both. Then just wait for the drift back down.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Expect PSTH selling both today and Monday. Brokerages are moving it off margin effective Monday.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If BTNB opens strong tomorrow I might clear it out of my books. Just need it to go up a wee bit more to be above the buy-in. I know there's a DA on the way and I've seen it through this far and I should just wait, but my confidence keeps waning and I want to reinvest it. Finally almost able to do that without any loss, so I'm fighting the urge to bail and it's winning.

Now that I've said this, instead of going up a little more, it'll crash back to NAV.

• 1Paper Hands

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GSAH : Mirion Technologies rumor / leak.

Monster block order, but now fading.

*Edit* And now low of day and below 20D moving average.

Spacs seem dead gentlemen.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

lol got to a whopping 10.75. I think people are selling at first whiff of them being able to get out for even when these pops happen.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Will be sub Nav shortly. The minions are not pleased.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My total market index fund is up 16% since I moved it from Vanguard to Fidelity a few months ago.

My regular stonks are up .65%. The reason? SPAC's. Everything else is gravy. SPAC's are a bane to my monies.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My total market index fund is up 16% since I moved it from Vanguard to Fidelity a few months ago.

My regular stonks are up .65%. The reason? SPAC's. Everything else is gravy. SPAC's are a bane to my monies.
SPACs were great... until they werent.

• 1Rustled

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Wall St is in the process of shaking off the normies. Once the filthy plebs have fled it might go back to how it was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
lol got to a whopping 10.75. I think people are selling at first whiff of them being able to get out for even when these pops happen.

Yeah, I cleared out BTNB at 10.33 this morning at about 97% of my January buy-in. Was waiting for 100%, but close enough. Just want to move that money to other things and get it over with. SPACs have no luster anymore =/

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I cleared out BTNB at 10.33 this morning at about 97% of my January buy-in. Was waiting for 100%, but close enough. Just want to move that money to other things and get it over with. SPACs have no luster anymore =/

Guess this means I'm staying in!

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH may never turn into anything, but I really like the idea of what they are doing.

Spire Announces New Maritime Weather Solutions Portfolio
BUSINESS WIRE 8:45 AM ET 6/15/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
NSH 9.98up 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 06/14/2021
Analyzing past events and anticipating the impact of weather tomorrow

VIENNA, Va. & RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Spire Global, Inc. (“Spire” or the “Company”), a leading global provider of space-based data and analytics, announced today the expansion of its Maritime Weather solutions portfolio. By providing more accurate and reliable insights, Spire is continuing to support its customers as a trusted source for open ocean weather data.

The Spire Weather team has added 10 years of historical weather data from across the entire planet. Historical data is vital for understanding weather patterns, planning future voyages, retroactive investigations, and daily marine activities worldwide. Reliable weather forecasts allow businesses to improve planning and reduce risk. Spire’s historical data, like its forecast data, is gridded with 12km resolution - which allows customers to get weather data in uniform resolution. This historical weather data is actionable and accurate to create AI driven models with a 1:1 match of forecast data sets. Users can not only explain past performance, but also assess future performance for every location around the globe.

“Open ocean forecasts used to be laden with errors, but now thanks to radio occultation technology, forecasts are far more accurate,” said Simon van den Dries, General Manager, Spire Maritime.

Spire’s Maritime Weather team is also launching six new industry-focused solutions combining historical and forecast variables customized for business needs and providing data specific to the customer segment use case. These new data solutions are centered around shipping and logistics, ports and terminals, finance and insurance, oil and gas, government and security, and the environment.

“Spire takes a customer-first approach and after analyzing the challenges the maritime industry tackled in 2020, we knew the time was right to create industry-specific data solutions using real-time and historical weather,” said van den Dries. “The operational usage-based set of attributes highlights exactly what each customer needs and creates a smart collection of data that is tailor-made for the challenges each industry faces. It helps eliminate scattered weather attributes and supports what customers need from a maritime perspective.”

As of January 2021, Spire Global has over 100 satellites in orbit that are collecting millions of messages per day. Spire will continue to provide more data and insights to provide more accurate and actionable weather forecasts for the maritime industry.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jysin Jysin Fogel Fogel Blazin Blazin

I need another set of eyes on this. So my only concern with PSTH (and its a major one) is that I hold it all in my IRA. I cant trade international in a retirement account, but I believe I can hold the international stock in. But will get boned on taxes. Also to take advantage of the SPARC I would need copious amounts of cash which I am capped by law into depositing.

The second isn't "insurmountable" by waiting until tax day to make my deposit to keep it flexible and allow me to deposit it earlier if the SPARC drops. I have about 500 shares so that would be max of 10k to max out the SPARC. So not impossible.

Im thinking about selling weekly covered calls near the money. If they pop then I can opt to grab some shares or write puts from my brokerage account.

As to the warrants in my IRA I am thinking about not redeeming them and just letting them convert 1:1 into PSTH remainco and see if he gets a good target for that.

Thoughts?