Space Force

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe how dull this is. They should have just done a show about Michael leaving DM and joining Space Force

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This show is boring. I wanted to like it, but it just couldn't keep my attention.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Two episodes in. It has it's moments. I don't think it's nearly as bad as you all are making it. Definitely will continue to watch it.

That Chimp better keep his fuckin' mouth shut!

• 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I finished it just cause the cast was amazing. It's not great, I did laugh at some moments but nowhere near enough for a comedy.

Its a good show to have on in the background while you're browsing reddit or whatever.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the season mostly because Malkovitch, what definitely drives the show down is the bland, uninspired, mostly unfunny writing with 9 out of 10 jokes being very bad. Which is somewhat infuriating because with this kind of high value production, you'd expect competent writers. There's some funny moments but they're so scattered throughout the show you'd have to actually pay attention to notice them.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think you guys are fart-sniffing really hard. I get the Trumper boys being mad about it, but this show is not NEARLY as bad as you guys make it. The complaints about being bored, like, what? Did you think they were going to be fighting in space or something?

This is like 50-60% VEEP. That sounds bad but VEEP was one of the best written shows in fucking decades, so this is still pretty decent. If you don't laugh after episode 2 you're just trying not to like it for whatever reason.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm a Trump supporter and I enjoyed this. The references to current politics are subtle enough as to not bother me, which is rare nowadays, I have a pretty sensitive radar for the blatant anti-Trump shit.

I must just be a sucker for Carrell, because I just can't get enough of his mannerism-style comedy.

Like 3 hours later I was chuckling at the words "chimpstranaut" and "dogstranaut."

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah, it isn't great but it isn't unwatchable. It has a few chuckle moments an episode and a very few genuinely funny moments.

The POTUS stuff making fun of Trump was minimal and not worth getting butthurt over.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it isn't great but it isn't unwatchable. It has a few chuckle moments an episode and a very few genuinely funny moments.

The POTUS stuff making fun of Trump was minimal and not worth getting butthurt over.

Honestly the FLOTUS stuff about uniforms had me laughing, because that does seem like a Melania thing to do. And FLOTUS’s (FLOTI?) historically do jack shit unless you’re Killary setting up your future globalist hegemony network.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wow you guys are such fragile bitches - check my post history, I’m not a liberal sjw in any way.

I thought this was hilarious. They make like 4 comments about trump and it’s pretty benign and barely address him.

This was hilarious. Carell is great as the stubborn old school military type out of his element.
I think you guys are fart-sniffing really hard. I get the Trumper boys being mad about it, but this show is not NEARLY as bad as you guys make it. The complaints about being bored, like, what? Did you think they were going to be fighting in space or something?

This is like 50-60% VEEP. That sounds bad but VEEP was one of the best written shows in fucking decades, so this is still pretty decent. If you don't laugh after episode 2 you're just trying not to like it for whatever reason.

This is nothing like VEEP. I could give a shit about who the political humor/jabs are about as long as they're funny. This just wasn't funny.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some of the jokes I was expecting Carell to look at the camera and be like "Sorry guys these are the jokes...stick around we got more just like it" I am up to episode 4 and Malkovich is about the only reason. He is so fucking good and watchable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does this get better? When the show first started I was so excited seeing putty and a buncha other actors that seemed promising but it just did nothing with them. The gags were atrociously bad. Malkovich is great as always but even feels hamstrung here.
The only thing that had me laughing was when, with zero explanation, they showed Phoebe in jail lol. But then the writing during that scene was so underwhelming

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The Trump jokes were funny, come on, Trump cancelling dude's conjugal visit? The uniform thing? But aside from those jokes and like a handful of others, it's not that funny really. But it's also not really a good drama, either. I don't know how I would even explain this show to another person. Carrel and Malkovich's characters are great, and I like Jin Yang, idk. Maybe this is one of those shows that needs a couple of seasons to find itself.

• 1Seriously?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Comedy is not its main genre. They marketed only comedy as the genre.

This sounds exactly like government planning and engineers who put this together.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I watched two episodes last night and laughed a few times throughout. Then came here and saw everyone hated it. I'm gonna keep watching.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yep i enjoyed it, wasnt laugh out loud funny at times bit i found it funnier than most. curious if any of the people who dislike it have served in the military carrells character reminds me of just about every CO i had.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Actually yeah, I think his portrayal of an officer was pretty good. All the Joint Chiefs were pretty good in that respect. The whole taking command and ordering the attack thing was silly and stupid, but the general vibe I think they got pretty well.