Spartacus

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoyed that finale. I'm also glad they didn't have him survive, it was a fitting end.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The highlight was definitely when Crassus tried the "grab the sword" finishing move and Spartacus reversed it.

I wish they'd have panned out during the crucifixion to show the scope of it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Excellent finale. For some reason I've been getting a boner to watch some Andy season 1. So I redownloaded it. I WOULD NOT HAVE IT SO

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i really enjoyed the finale. The only thing that pissed me off is that they would put a In Memoriam to anyone but Andy Whitfield at the end of the credits.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That was one of the most entertaining and poignant episodes of TV ever. I teared up at the end and the Gf was flat out crying. If anyone thinks this episode was anything less than satisfactory and weren't at least mildly touched then you are one cold hearted bastard.

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
Great end to the series! I was wondering how they were going to handle everyone's eventual deaths and make it fit with the series overall theme that Gannicus and Spartacus are basically unstoppable and they handled it perfectly. While season 2 was definitely shaky, and season 1 was pure netflix for me, there's no other show where i said fuck it, I'm gonna stay home and watch TV rather than make plans on a night where I have the next day off.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just finished watching the finale... of season 1 again.

The series finale was pretty good, not much to complain about with it. Spartacus going god mode to slay 10 guys solo to get to Crassus was pretty epic. That whole time you could see in Crassus' eyes the realization that all his training meant jack and shit; his opponent was a god. Gannacus tore up some stuff but they could have made his ending a bit better.

I liked the quiet ending they gave Spartacus, and yeah the rain at his death was a great a touch. I loved them going through all the show's characters in the credits, and of course you knew Whitfield was going to end it. And it was just like fuck... I had to fire up season 1 episode 13 again. I felt like I'd been through this epic journey and I wanted to see the start of it again.

In that season 1 episode one scene really resonated with me. When Crixus gets out of his cell in order to let him train for the Spartacus match, Spartacus comes and sits next to him during a training break to try to recruit him. Spartacus tells Crixus that Battiartus had ordered the death of his wife. Crixus is resigned to the fact that he must kill Spartacus in order to save Navea, however he tells Spartacus that maybe in another life, they would have been good brothers. They shot that scene thinking they would portray it happening, and of course they never did. Fucking sucks.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Awesome end, was hoping gannicus
Would get the heros end but I like how they showed onemaus. as far as "holy shit"
Moments though this one didn't really have any since we knew
How it would End they couldn't throw too many surprises in.

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
Great ending, highlights for me were the second sword grab from Spartacus and definitely having Andy Whitfield cameo at the end. Bit sad how Gannicus went, was always kind of hoping they'd let him slip away.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The end credits-especially with Andy's final appearance at the end--was the perfect way to end the series.

Of all the main character deaths this episode, I think Gannicus' death was the hardest for me to accept. The poor guy was the greatest fighters and a free man. He gave it all up to join with Spartacus and he ends up having the worst, most painful and ignoble death of all the main characters. Sucks.

Overall I think this is quite possibly one of my favorite series ever. Is it perfect? No. But going from "Gods of the Arena" -> Season 1 -> Season 2 -> War of the Damned it has to be one of the tightest, most exciting rides I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing on TV. The characters are fantastic, the dialogue is extremely well written, the plot lines are interesting (especially given the predetermined nature of a historically-based show), and it contained very little fluff or filler. Plus it gets bonus points for being explosive right up to the end rather than quietly petering out like most shows which run several seasons too long.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was reading on wiki that the slave revolts did cause Romans to treat their slaves better, and eventually it was passed into law that no master could kill a slave. So after this, slavery started going on the decline, and the Romans started importing cheap labor gradually.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it really sucks watching this episode, knowing how great pretty much every season has been and knowing it's the last episode ever. I absolutely loved the scene with Spartacus & Crassus talking up on the mountain top as well as the Spartacus vs Romans + Crassus 1v10 scenes. Especially when Crassus did the whole sword grab thing and I was like noooooo, it makes sense Spartacus would lose by that...then yeaaaa...nope.

Definitely one of the best TV series, start to finish, ever made.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely one of the best TV series, start to finish, ever made.
It's in my top ten, but not up there with The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones or Mad Men. Those shows are fine art, this show is lots of fun.

Flame On!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Man, what a great ending to a great show.

I thought the framing of Spartacus after he got speared was one of the more striking visuals of the show.
rrr_img_20722.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That ending hit me right in the fucking feels. Great send off to Andy. It's unfortunate never knowing what the show might have become had he not gotten sick.