Spectre (2015)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's a REALLY tough call on Lewis, badass band of brothers Cpt Winters can only give you so much cred,... when you do a shit job Homeland. I mean Homeland got 1000% better once they killed off his character, could it be the writing? sure anyone would look like a half retard given the same role, but still.

he is a full brit though, and his brit accent is pretty gay compared to his on screen American accent.

they should just do what American Movies are doing and just find some kind of Aussie to play the part, Aussies are taking over the American badass role.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Craig's Bond has been the best one so far - and I grew up on Bond movies, good and bad - so I probably wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more, even with him aging; as long as the writing and direction is good. The dark and gritty version of the character in his series is MUCH more true to form than the campy, goofy shit from earlier series. When it comes to Bond, brutal = better.

As for a successor? Well, I think he'd have to equal or exceed Craig's snarky, cocky, brooding demeanor; no nice guy crap.

Devlin

Golden Squire
If you know anything about James Bond movies you'd know it's probably supposed to be Ernst Blofeld, probably the most famous Bond Villain.

As they've been going for 50 years they probably expect a few people to figure it out.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Will be interesting how they do this. Now that the court battle is over (2013) over the name use. Will be nice to have a continued villain structure in the series. Willing to bet its Number 13 or other, Wish it to be Blofield but doubtful.

spronk

FPS noob
the blonde chick kinda has a butterface or maybe her eyes are fucked up or something

but bellucci yeah goddamn she is timelessly gorgeous

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the blonde chick kinda has a butterface or maybe her eyes are fucked up or something

but bellucci yeah goddamn she is timelessly gorgeous
It is her teeth, her teeth are fucked up. She is hot when her mouth is closed, like most women. BOOM.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's about time Persephone ditched the Merovingian.

First 50 year old Bond girl. That's what keeps this from creeping into Roger Moore territory. Keep the hot girls in proximity to Craig's age.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except her actual age doesn't really matter because she sure as goddamn fuck doesn't look 50. Diane Lane had that timeless beauty thing going for a long time but unless they were actually making her look older for Man of Steel, her time finally came. They damn sure wouldn't cast Diane Lane for a Bond movie.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Because Bond's never gonna wear skinny jeans?

Eva Green is my favorite bond girl. Belucci potentially replacing, would tongue punch her fartbox.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What exactly happened to quantum? Why did they do a two part movie then drop everything in skyfall?

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
What exactly happened to quantum? Why did they do a two part movie then drop everything in skyfall?
It's been hinted that either Quantum was part of SPECTRE, or SPECTRE is a successor to them. Mr White from the first two films (yeah I didn't remember him either at first) will reappear in Spectre.

In reality it could just have been the legal battle that stopped Quantum from being Spectre in the first place.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It seems to imply that Quantum went even deeper underground when Bond managed to infiltrate them at the opera house. Spectre is likely a reorganization.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
While I prefer Craig over the others. I almost wish they would restart again with the full rights. They could link the others together but not sure how sloppy it would be?
Bond has always been better with a continuous arch-nemesis. They may have tried to lead into this with the start of CR and then later with the others, legally they truly couldnt or never blatantly be so obvious.

Related: Reminder Skyfall was released 2012
Also, there is the issue of copyright drop after Author life (Fleming RIP '64) + 50years. This is give or take depending on country.

http://deadline.com/2013/11/mgm-bond...scribe-636329/

MGM & Bond Producer End Long Legal Battle Royale With ?Thunderball? Co-Scribe
by Dominic Patten
November 15, 2013 12:10pm

MGM and the producer of the James Bond movies have finally acquired all of the rights to the 007 franchise. After a legal battle royale that has gone on more than 50 years, the studio and Danjaq today announced they now have all of the rights and interests to the British spy held by Kevin McClory and his estate. McClory worked with Bond creator Ian Fleming and writer Jack Whittingham on a script for Thunderball in the late 1950s. McClory would later claim he helped created a number of iconic elements of the Bond world and gave the character a more movie-friendly persona. No details of the agreement or a settlement have been released. However, I?ve learned that the agreement over the long-standing dispute was finalized between the parties in the last two weeks.

Related: It?s Official: Sam Mendes To Direct Bond #24

The courtroom drama began in 1961 when McClory first sued Fleming. He obtained partial copyright to the Thunderball story in a 1963 settlement. The fourth Bond movie, Thunderball came out in 1965. In the decades that followed, McClory and Bond producers and MGM, which distributes the films, went head to head in court a number of times. Working with Warner Bros, McClory used his Thunderball rights to bring back Sean Connery to play Bond again in 1983?s Never Say Never Again. Things really heated up in 1997 when Sony bought McClory?s rights for $2 million with the intent of making a Bond franchise of its own. A quick lawsuit by MGM saw Sony give up that notion in 1999 but McClory, despite a number of legal setbacks, continued the case. When McClory passed away in 2006, his estate continued the fight, remaining a thorn in MGM and Danjaq?s side over the years.
Side note, I would be ok with a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang remake directed by Robert Rodriguez.