Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as they keep the samer actor for JJJ, they can do whatever else they want in my book. Shit, I'd pay to see a spinoff movie centered around his insanity and love/hate relationship with spiderman

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Disney needs to part with some of that Marvel $$ and get all the IP under one roof. Sony WILL fuck things up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it's not that Sony will fuck things up, it's that the characters can literally go nowhere. Existing in a tiny bubble universe and rehashing the same shit over and over accomplishes nothing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sorta makes me wonder which characters will be allowed to be in the new sony-man. obviously mj, flash, JJJ, etc... but what about the teachers? and how is the spider-man that we've met going to disassociate himself from the avengers? i mean happy is dating his mom. will they even be able to mention those characters?

Edit: uh... Mom?? I meant aunt
happy and aunt broke up by the end. i think his fat buddy Flash belongs to Marvel.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They didn't break up, they just disagreed on what they were doing
no, she very clearly ditched Happy. maybe Happy wasnt "happy" with her doing that, but when she said "it was a summer fling" thats it. she kicked him to the curb.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Enjoyed the movie.

Really raughed hard at the return of JJJ with his green Alex Jones background.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
sorta makes me wonder which characters will be allowed to be in the new sony-man. obviously mj, flash, JJJ, etc... but what about the teachers? and how is the spider-man that we've met going to disassociate himself from the avengers? i mean happy is dating his mom. will they even be able to mention those characters?

Edit: uh... Mom?? I meant aunt
Any characters that debuted in the Spider-Man movies is Sony's. The characters that are Marvels, like Happy and Iron Man, can't even be mentioned I think now. Which makes Far From Home seem like a waste going into the next one. It's going to have to be like a soft reboot in the 3rd movie.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The one way they could have "fixed" the Peter Parker is Spider-Man issue is to use the Skrulls like Superman did with Martian Manhunter. But that's not an option now.

spronk

FPS noob
the mouse and sony make up
Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.
Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.
“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Surprising absolutely no one. It was clear from the start this was a game of chicken and it was just a waiting game to see who blinked first.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So, which of them did blink?

Either way, fucking good. Would've been pissed if the split had actually gone through.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I picked up my steelbook Far From Home 4k BluRay today from Best Buy. Good stuff. Now to wait for the European 3D version to come in as well. Hate that they stopped offering all 3D titles in America.