Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thats about as well as Mysterio can be done in a movie format. I liked it better than the first. Even the carnivorous plant version of MJ was decent. Wish Disney worked this hard on all their solo movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Saw this last night. Really enjoyed it. One of the better MCU films. Mysterio was awesome. Top tier villain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I saw a YouTube channel go into rights issues between Marvel and Sony that explains a few things.

For example MJ isn't a redhead called Mary Jane because Sony may want to use that character in future Sony only Spider-Man movies. Explains all the characters having their appearance or name change, even Aunt May is young and totally different to the previous versions.

However Marvel may have rights to the altered supporting cast, so Spider-Man 4 could be a Sony only production with Tom Holland and a new supporting cast including traditional Mary Jane.

Hopefully they just keep renewing the working relationship, I'd be up for years of this Spider-Man as long as he doesn't turn gay. If Venom Universe movies do well who knows though?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I hope this continues indefinitely and the quality infects the other Spider-verse live action properties.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I filled out crap on my profile and I've been meaning to go and delete a bunch of it because I didn't realize at the time It'd do that.

spronk

FPS noob
held up on a second watch, saw it in IMAX last night before lion king takes over everything today. Was thinking I might be a bit bored since I know all the twists but still really good and moves at a great pace. The European vacation vistas are fantastic. I still don't really love Mysterio as a villain, I don't think the plans really make much sense and while everything executes well and he does a lot of small things that make him a nicely rounded character (a few times he double checks no "real" Avengers are incoming) its still a villain I feel falls apart in any sort of real situation.

Although it did get me to thinking, its been 5 years between Infinity War, EndGame, and FHH. In those 5 years it sounds like nothing really bad happened on Earth that required the Avengers. So I can sorta understand why the world has gotten a bit complacent and not too worried about galactic threats.

Anyways totally worth a watch at home when it comes out, and of course if you haven't yet you should watch Spiderman Into the Spiderverse, easily top 5 comic book movies of this decade.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched this yesterday. Haven't read all the thread yet.

If alternate dimensions are bullshit then how did Beck know to accurately call their reality Earth-616? Are they really just throwing out that label for the MCU? Would be really weird now if they DID start using that designation in the future if multiple universes do become a thing for real. So maybe this means no actual alternate reality stuff in the MCU ever?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the bigger wtf is
So if Nick Fury was a Skrull how did he understand Happy's "secret msg" to him?

There were a lot of internal nods that the story is kinda stupid

It wasn't really a coded message, it was just some gibberish to establish that something is up in general. That's why after that fake-Fury said to fake-Hill "be ready for anything" -- they didn't get any info from the "code" other than "dude some shit is up"

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Although it did get me to thinking, its been 5 years between Infinity War, EndGame, and FHH. In those 5 years it sounds like nothing really bad happened on Earth that required the Avengers. So I can sorta understand why the world has gotten a bit complacent and not too worried about galactic threats.

That peanut butter sandwich scene in Endgame with BW and Cap showed that the non-snapped avengers were still on the job. With the exception of the people Tony Stark pissed off (which now includes Mysterio and Ralphie) every other villain in the MCU was spawned by an infinity stone. Once the stones were gone things settled down. The snap also had to hit the criminal organizations hard too. Perhaps even a greater impact for the bad guys since losing people in secret organizations is a much bigger loss of knowledge than in public institutions.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Plus Hawkeye was pretty much going around and straight up murdering major criminals.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I missed something completely. How was mysterio controlling drones before he got the glasses?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Other drones. He controlled drones before. Getting the glasses, he just controlled MORE drones...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Other drones. He controlled drones before. Getting the glasses, he just controlled MORE drones...

Thanks. I felt like I completely missed a scene explaining that. I assumed that’s what happened but was confused for a bit. Kind of a weak plot but whatever, the visuals were great and the humor was good. The teenage drama stuff was fine, that stuff can be so poorly done and ruin a movie.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

If alternate dimensions are bullshit then how did Beck know to accurately call their reality Earth-616? Are they really just throwing out that label for the MCU? Would be really weird now if they DID start using that designation in the future if multiple universes do become a thing for real. So maybe this means no actual alternate reality stuff in the MCU ever?

Pretty sure the 616 reference was just an Easter egg for those of us who know what the numbering is like.... And that the Mysterio character just thought up a "random number" universe to say he was from.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure the 616 reference was just an Easter egg for those of us who know what the numbering is like.... And that the Mysterio character just thought up a "random number" universe to say he was from.
Or he actually read up on the theory to seem more credible and the number is derived from something, like the frequency the universe vibrates at or some shit.

Cybsled

Well, multiverse clearly isn't BS because there is literally a Doctor Strange movie coming out that involves multiverse lol

And while the MCU and AoS have seemed to part ways, it is theorized they'll use multiverse to explain why Thanos hasn't shown up yet on AoS, even though he was name dropped last season.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Word on the street is the next movie will be called Spiderman: Fahrvergnügen wherein Peter Parker drives tiny classic German cars around Europe while defeating forces of evil.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, multiverse clearly isn't BS because there is literally a Doctor Strange movie coming out that involves multiverse lol

And while the MCU and AoS have seemed to part ways, it is theorized they'll use multiverse to explain why Thanos hasn't shown up yet on AoS, even though he was name dropped last season.

Yeah all the news out of ComicCon came out the same day I made that post, I hadn't seen that movie title yet when I posted that :p