Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
that was pretty shit. how are any of these "non blip" kids still in HS after 5 years?

They weren’t? They were talking about how weird it was going to high school now with their previous high school friends younger siblings.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
isnt this post snap?

Yeah it’s post snap. At some point they were saying it was weird coming back from the snap, and now they’re in high school with kids that were in grade school, because they didn’t get snapped and are five years older than when they left. It just so happens all the main characters are the ones that got snapped. The kid who was going after MJ was one of their friends little brothers, and now he’s the same age as them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah it’s post snap. At some point they were saying it was weird coming back from the snap, and now they’re in high school with kids that were in grade school, because they didn’t get snapped and are five years older than when they left. It just so happens all the main characters are the ones that got snapped. The kid who was going after MJ was one of their friends little brothers, and now he’s the same age as them.
oh, ok, was a bit confusing seeing every person from the last movie still in HS. i thought it was just peter and the rich kid.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
oh, ok, was a bit confusing seeing every person from the last movie still in HS. i thought it was just peter and the rich kid.

Yeah, it was kind of “yeah right” that the main characters all stuck together and got snapped together but they kinda had to I guess.

Fadaar

That guy
Wonder if they're ever going to have Flash become Agent Venom or if it's even possible right now due to the limbo between the Venom and Spider-Man stuff.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wonder if they're ever going to have Flash become Agent Venom or if it's even possible right now due to the limbo between the Venom and Spider-Man stuff.

Doubt it. They aren't gonna trade Tom Hardy for that kid. Also, expect some Venom crossover of some type in the next Spidey or Venom movie.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's no more limbo. Sony backed out entirely. Fans holding onto hope, and there's always a chance both sides will pull the stick out of their asses.

I suspect at least two more Sony-fied Spider-Man movies, with Venom making an appearance in the one after next.

Finally got around to seeing this. It was very... I dunno, meh? Tony Stark love song was a bit obnoxious, and oddly seemed like the world magically went back to normal after the unsnappening. Whisked away in two lines of narration. The Mysterio is evil reveal was weak, and the bar scene was dumb. At the same time I kinna wished they'd gotten to that part of the movie more quickly. Could have easily been 90-100 minutes. First half just seemed to drag along.

Spidey swinging with MJ, as much as I loathe that dirty hoodrat, was pretty cool and a nice throwback and massive improvement on Raimi's Spider-Man. Raggety Anne better channel her Vogue magazine in the next one.

It's also unfortunate we won't see any Shield, Happy, Skrulls, or any of that shit in the next movie. I hope Scorpion and Sin 6 will be enough.

J Jonah, fuck yes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also, Peter Tingle. Cringe.
with the exception of the illusion effects, it was all cringe. admittedly JJJ at the last minute of the movie was fucking awesome. but that doesnt save this turkey. i think Sony or Diseny will fuck Spidey up. seems like nobody except raimi can do 2 great spidey films. as bad as 3 was, it was still better than the amazings and far from home.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wtb this "mj".

IMG_20190922_223735.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Disney Considering Buying Spider-Man Back From Sony

Just a rumor. If they do try and make offers, it will, I think, confirm the other rumors that Tom Holland was essentially supposed to be used to make Brie Larson more likeable and part of the reason Captain Marvel 2 wasn't announced is because Spider Man was supposed be in it.

Hopefully Sony doesn't sell and they change course by introducing the new Xmen with Rogue snatching Captain Marvel's powers and leaving Brie in a catatonic state for Phase 4,5 and 6.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sorta makes me wonder which characters will be allowed to be in the new sony-man. obviously mj, flash, JJJ, etc... but what about the teachers? and how is the spider-man that we've met going to disassociate himself from the avengers? i mean happy is dating his mom. will they even be able to mention those characters?

Edit: uh... Mom?? I meant aunt

Last edited:

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
sorta makes me wonder which characters will be allowed to be in the new sony-man. obviously mj, flash, JJJ, etc... but what about the teachers? and how is the spider-man that we've met going to disassociate himself from the avengers? i mean happy is dating his mom. will they even be able to mention those characters?
Come on now. This is a comic book movie. Easy answer. RETCONS!!!