Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, SJW is running rampant with our teenage youth. So it's expected. At least Peter himself didn't say yes. Just the black daughter & fat friend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watched this last night and thought it was pretty mediocre. Definitely at the bottom of my list of Marvel movies. Holland was alright as Spider-Man but I don't particularly like him being some 16 year old kid. The Tony Stark suit is retarded (plus Stark himself is starting to get on my nerves). I much prefer the highly intelligent Peter Parker that is able to craft his own gadgets.

And, yeah, why is Aunt May a hottie? That was weird. I think that was the most jarring thing about the movie is that familiar aspects of Spider-Man seemed to be changed just for the sake of change. Fuck, they should've just made Peter a Hispanic or black dude while they were at it.

Lastly, I really don't understand the hate towards Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Although it's been a few years since l last viewed them, I thought the 02 Spider-Man and 04 Spider-Man 2 were fantastic and those actors did a fine job. Yeah 3 sucked but I think everyone is in universal agreement there.

• 5Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watched this last night and thought it was pretty mediocre. Definitely at the bottom of my list of Marvel movies. Holland was alright as Spider-Man but I don't particularly like him being some 16 year old kid. The Tony Stark suit is retarded (plus Stark himself is starting to get on my nerves). I much prefer the highly intelligent Peter Parker that is able to craft his own gadgets.

And, yeah, why is Aunt May a hottie? That was weird. I think that was the most jarring thing about the movie is that familiar aspects of Spider-Man seemed to be changed just for the sake of change. Fuck, they should've just made Peter a Hispanic or black dude while they were at it.

Lastly, I really don't understand the hate towards Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Although it's been a few years since l last viewed them, I thought the 02 Spider-Man and 04 Spider-Man 2 were fantastic and those actors did a fine job. Yeah 3 sucked but I think everyone is in universal agreement there.

You gotta look at Marvel movies individually as a "type" of movie. Spider-Man was a teenager, high school movie. Thor was a Shakespeare-play. Ant Man was a comedy. Iron Man 3 was a bad movie. But I digress...

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Ant-Man was more heist than comedy. Granted a comedic heist, something of a scaled down version of the Ocean's movies.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ant-Man was more heist than comedy. Granted a comedic heist, something of a scaled down version of the Ocean's movies.

Exactly, and Paul Rudd can even be quoted as saying Ant Man 2 will be a romantic comedy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Y

You were going great until the last paragraph.
Raimi's movies are corny as hell.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally got around to seeing this and I have to say it wasn't bad. I feel like the version of spiderman they have is pretty solid. The biggest issue I had with it was the SJW diversity quota which took more away from the film than helping it. I thought Liz was fine but that retarded version of MJ was awful in every fucking way.
Agreed 100% (except its Peters main love interest that bugs me in this respect). I liked this movie quite a bit and its above most previous spiderman movies for me. But the quote bullshit is getting so cliche, that even if I wasnt bothered by the SJW goals I'd be bothered by the hamfisted execution. Its *always* a white dude in love with a black chick. Cause thats a super common occurrence in real life, its not one of the rarest of all cross-racial relationship pairings or anything. And they typically cast a "UK black" actress in the role, with typical Caucasian facial features but curly hair, not a typical US African American features. This pattern is repeated over and over. Its become the default assumption in casting: the main couple will be a white guy and a black chick played by a kind of sort of black actress.

Youd think theyd at least vary the combination sometimes, but I guess no one ever accused SJW of being very self aware.

[edit -- checking IMDB after writing this I see the actress is American born and I am 100% wrong about her origins. Leaving the error for posterity but noted here. The pattern still bugs me]

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Agreed 100% (except its Peters main love interest that bugs me in this respect). I liked this movie quite a bit and its above most previous spiderman movies for me. But the quote bullshit is getting so cliche, that even if I wasnt bothered by the SJW goals I'd be bothered by the hamfisted execution. Its *always* a white dude in love with a black chick. Cause thats a super common occurrence in real life, its not one of the rarest of all cross-racial relationship pairings or anything. And they typically cast a "UK black" actress in the role, with typical Caucasian facial features but curly hair, not a typical US African American features. This pattern is repeated over and over. Its become the default assumption in casting: the main couple will be a white guy and a black chick played by a kind of sort of black actress.

Youd think theyd at least vary the combination sometimes, but I guess no one ever accused SJW of being very self aware.

[edit -- checking IMDB after writing this I see the actress is American born and I am 100% wrong about her origins. Leaving the error for posterity but noted here. The pattern still bugs me]

It's the male black actors that are too often UK Black, like Idris Elba or John Boyega. That's being brought up properly and going to stage scool instead of hanging around on the street waiting for SJW handouts because of slavery - I think they are both born of actual african parents from actual africa.

By the way Spiderman is English (UK White) lol.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
It's the male black actors that are too often UK Black, like Idris Elba or John Boyega. That's being brought up properly and going to stage scool instead of hanging around on the street waiting for SJW handouts because of slavery - I think they are both born of actual african parents from actual africa.

Well, free universal health care, free social housing, public universities, etc.. makes it a lot easier for second generation of piss poor immigrants (or just piss poor domestic parents) to get somewhere.

• 1Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Its *always* a white dude in love with a black chick. Cause thats a super common occurrence in real life, its not one of the rarest of all cross-racial relationship pairings or anything. And they typically cast a "UK black" actress in the role, with typical Caucasian facial features but curly hair, not a typical US African American features. This pattern is repeated over and over. Its become the default assumption in casting: the main couple will be a white guy and a black chick played by a kind of sort of black actress.

harrymarklejpg.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
like any of us wouldn't smash, that chick is smokin' hot no matter what race you are

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I like Idris Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor (esp the latter) - I can relate to them as normal people. I didn't grow up in the hood nor do I want anything to do with it. Sorry Ice Cube, we got nothing in common.

Just saw the movie myself 2 weeks ago. Was not as bad as I was expecting. The villian ending up being the dad... that was eyeroll-worthy, but I was ok with Aunt May. Keep in mind, Marisa Tomei is 53, and they need an actress to keep kicking around for a while while they make endless Marvel movies. Rosemary Harris was 75 when Raimi's first Spiderman came out - that's just too damn old if you want to squeeze out 5 more movies.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but I was ok with Aunt May. Keep in mind, Marisa Tomei is 53, and they need an actress to keep kicking around for a while while they make endless Marvel movies. Rosemary Harris was 75 when Raimi's first Spiderman came out - that's just too damn old if you want to squeeze out 5 more movies.
i think it's more the fact that nerds couldn't deal with the fact that Aunt May is now a major MILF.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Starz is free until 4-22.

This was very good. Bad reviews are fake news.

Zendaya was good enough to not be MJ

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I like Idris Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor (esp the latter) - I can relate to them as normal people. I didn't grow up in the hood nor do I want anything to do with it. Sorry Ice Cube, we got nothing in common.

Just saw the movie myself 2 weeks ago. Was not as bad as I was expecting. The villian ending up being the dad... that was eyeroll-worthy, but I was ok with Aunt May. Keep in mind, Marisa Tomei is 53, and they need an actress to keep kicking around for a while while they make endless Marvel movies. Rosemary Harris was 75 when Raimi's first Spiderman came out - that's just too damn old if you want to squeeze out 5 more movies.

It's also bizarre for a 15 year old to have an aunt that's 70-80 years old.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity