Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will never remember that man for anything other than "Straight Jackin'!"

The Big Hit was hilariously bad, in a good way.

The Big Hit is one of my secret joys to watch - it's so goofy with so much shtick but goddamn it just works.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bookeem should have won some awards for fargo, youre missing out if you havent watched.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If nothing else, this movie had the best after credit scene of any of the marvel movies.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Best Spiderman film to date by such a long margin it isn't even funny, plus it had Gwyneth in and I would love to eat her asshole.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Vulture was easily my favorite villain out of any Marvel movie. A villain that you can relate to while also hating him is hard to do.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Vulture was easily my favorite villain out of any Marvel movie. A villain that you can relate to while also hating him is hard to do.

I think Loki still reigns (lul) for me, but Vulture was definitely top tier, if not straight up number two.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Finally got around to seeing this and I have to say it wasn't bad. I feel like the version of spiderman they have is pretty solid. The biggest issue I had with it was the SJW diversity quota which took more away from the film than helping it. I thought Liz was fine but that retarded version of MJ was awful in every fucking way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
but that retarded version of MJ was awful in every fucking way.

Didn't we clear this up that it wasn't "MJ" MJ...her name in the film was Michelle, no? Was just a little nod/troll.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the biggest shot fired at the other five movies was Spiderman actually having to chase people on foot instead of giving him crane operators on standby.

Some weak action bits though. It felt like it took him ten minutes to climb the washington monument. (cool payoff that was almost completely in the trailer)

Funny enough, the best drama of the movie was the actual homecoming. "The Talk", heh.

Loved when "Karen" showed up and showed how much ridiculous overkill Stark built into the spidey suit and how the tech was often as much a hindrance as help.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have no stake in previous Spidy worlds as I never read any comics or really much cared for the character, but I actually really liked the weird Michelle-J in the movie :p Also the "diversity quota" I don't think I would have noticed if people here weren't talking about it. Like, they were just high schoolers, they seemed to act fine, I truly did not care what they looked like nor did their actual appearance distract me in any way.

Keaton was great, and it was a good character. RDJ was in it more than I expected which is always fine. The whole suit thing did get a bit too far into the realm of disbelief considering that's a ton of stuff to cram into basically a skin suit, compared with the frankly less versatile, chunkier Iron Man suits. Also it seems somewhat superfluous to the character and kinda put in to move the plot along? Just having some more versatile web tech thing and finding other ways to get to the plot would have been less distracting.

Overall definitely an A-tier MCU movie for me although we'll see how it holds up on rewatches I guess.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know I guess everyone is different but the weird fucked up MJ chick was just a nonstop cliche. In the end though Marvel with all their SJW failing still blows away everyone involved with DC at making movies. Aside from the Dark Night and the old Michael Keaton batmans every other super hero movie they try and make sucks shit.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't know I guess everyone is different but the weird fucked up MJ chick was just a nonstop cliche. In the end though Marvel with all their SJW failing still blows away everyone involved with DC at making movies. Aside from the Dark Night and the old Michael Keaton batmans every other super hero movie they try and make sucks shit.

Across a few threads, I'm feeling like you and I could have a good time shooting the shit over some booze cubes. No homo.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i think this movie succeeded where all other spidey movies failed - developing peter parker as a likeable and relatable character

but i think this movie failed where Sam Raimi Spidermans succeeded, and thats having action scenes that you actually felt vested in. i thought the action parts of this movie just sucked. 5/10 for me

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
i think this movie succeeded where all other spidey movies failed - developing peter parker as a likeable and relatable character

but i think this movie failed where Sam Raimi Spidermans succeeded, and thats having action scenes that you actually felt vested in. i thought the action parts of this movie just sucked. 5/10 for me

I will agree with this, I think the current version of Spiderman is the best they have and feels to me the most in character to the comic. I even thought Micheal Keaton was decent in this movie but yeah it really did feel like it was missing something.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Also, i think keaton's vulture was a really good villain - but i dont know if he was better than Defoe's Green Goblin. Defoe channeled a genuine menace from what i remember (i havent seen that movie in like 10 years i think) but keaton never had that menace, even after his "id do anything for my family" speech

Anyways, they need to build some bigger action set pieces for the next film. It really annoyed the fuck out of me to watch him fumble with his new suit during every action scene like a 70 year old grandma trying to figure out her smartphone.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is out on Blu-ray today, in case anyone is interested. Best Buy has the cool steelbook cases, but no 3D in this one. Just 4k. Strange it doesn't have both.