Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie has so many things i didn't like but the following are my biggest gripes:

- Marvel really can't make good villains or at least, use the ones they have. The vulture is the best villain they ever had but they didn't blew it entirely, because....Michael Keaton. So much potential but you could see his character was so thin since the beginning. If it was other actor, probably the result would be laughable.

- Peter's friend, Ned right? Just fuck you really, just fuck you. Making the chubby/awkward/stupid friend saving the day, just so the chubby/awkward/stupid friend feels important....wink wink to their main audience, maybe?
And the guy was annoying as fuck. Why that fucking container didn't have a massive heart attack, and die, so we could see some drama in this shit?

4/10

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
I was also pretty let down by the soundtrack. I had high hopes for it considering it was set in high school and Time to Pretend was used in the first trailer, but it ended up failing to deliver any heart-melting anthems like this:

Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Spoon - The Underdog
The English Beat - Save it for Later
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

I thought the soundtrack was kinda awesome. Not GotG levels awesome, but still solid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The movie forum needs an Edgelord rating.....

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This movie has so many things i didn't like but the following are my biggest gripes:

- Marvel really can't make good villains or at least, use the ones they have. The vulture is the best villain they ever had but they didn't blew it entirely, because....Michael Keaton. So much potential but you could see his character was so thin since the beginning. If it was other actor, probably the result would be laughable.

- Peter's friend, Ned right? Just fuck you really, just fuck you. Making the chubby/awkward/stupid friend saving the day, just so the chubby/awkward/stupid friend feels important....wink wink to their main audience, maybe?
And the guy was annoying as fuck. Why that fucking container didn't have a massive heart attack, and die, so we could see some drama in this shit?

4/10
The Vulture character was thin? Honest question. Without making the movie literally about him, what more would you have liked to see them do with him? I've already posted that I thought he was fantastic, so obviously I'm biased, but I understand when people don't feel the same way about a movie or character that I do. But I'm really curious as to how you would have liked him to be better.

I'm not going to argue the fat friend, because you're not entirely wrong, even though I liked the character and felt he brought a nice down-to-earth touch to it. It did annoy me that he was able to bypass Stark security protocols with literally just a key press, but I have to think Stark would have set it up so he was completely aware of when it happened and was monitoring him. Otherwise, fat kid is either a fucking child prodigy or Stark sucks at his job. I don't think either of those are true, so something else had to be going on, even if we never saw it. But like I said, I enjoyed his character even still, but I'm not going to defend him either. I thought he was great as a high school kid that just wanted to impress bitches though, and he knew he was never going to be web-slinging so he wanted to be the tech support guy he's seen in every movie. I thought that was pretty realistic, to be honest.

But Vulture? Man, I dunno. I thought his motivation was clearly and solidly laid out, and Keaton fucking nailed it. He was menacing when he needed to be, protective when he needed to be, etc. Only part I'd question is the killing the guy part, but I don't doubt he would have killed to protect his family, so that was just a funny and slightly unbelievable way of letting us know he will.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just got back from seeing this. It was good, I have only a few small complaints. I would have cut out the whole Staten Island ferry scene. Marvel can't get away from cheap laughs in the middle of any decent tension/action scene. I never really cared for or rooted for Spiderman in this movie. It didn't make me care about him or the story. Did anyone give a shit when his love interest moved away or that he blew the homecoming date? Nope. The movie did become really good when he goes to pickup his date and it's freaking Keaton. The tension there was great and Keaton was phenomenal. Wonder Woman was by far a vastly superior movie in every way.

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie in a single paragraph: Peter, grow up. Your schoolboy heroics are redundant.

Teenagers, bad.
Annoying sidekick, bad.
Racial pandering, bad.
... and obligatory eff-you to IronDoucheCan.
Still much better than not-so-amazing 1&2.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i get spiderman is an IP that is recognizable and widely loved, but nothing will be better than Raimi's classic spiderman.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Just got back from seeing this. It was good, I have only a few small complaints. I would have cut out the whole Staten Island ferry scene. Marvel can't get away from cheap laughs in the middle of any decent tension/action scene. I never really cared for or rooted for Spiderman in this movie. It didn't make me care about him or the story. Did anyone give a shit when his love interest moved away or that he blew the homecoming date? Nope. The movie did become really good when he goes to pickup his date and it's freaking Keaton. The tension there was great and Keaton was phenomenal. Wonder Woman was by far a vastly superior movie in every way.

I bet your opinion of the movie would improve if you had a 6' tall statue of Spiderman to fuck.

• 7Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
This movie was meh for me. They've tried to make a good spiderman for 3 iterations now and have failed. Time to move on to Venom master race and stick spidey on the back burner.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, the SDCC Avengers trailer shows the first sign of Spider Sense, since that was discussed here. They show Spider Man getting freaked out before Thanos arrives. Which is more or less what the leaks have been saying--Spider Sense will be the power that 'develops' as the movies he's in goes on.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
finally got around seeing this. I am half and half split between good and bad.

I really dislike the entire new "awkward hahaha teenager" interactions including new not-so-subtle "MJ" who talks and looks like a druggie out of harlem street. obviously has a crush on peter parker. at least this new MJ is not as useless and retarded as Raimi's MJ.

Really could have done without a lot of early "I WANT TO BE A SUPERHERO" Spiderman. It was a point easily made with quick and fast scenes instead the movie forced me to watch over an hour of teenager attics. Raimi got his point across quickly in 20 minute of the show. This movie decided to take an hour and a half. It should have supplemented more real life interaction between the birdie villain and the spiderman and spiderman's secret unveiled.

The movie did a quick 180 degree after parker got out of collapsed debris. The last 30 minute saved the movie, which I guess was the point.

Obviously Raimi's Spiderman 1 and this movie has a lot of crossover references and similar plot devices. Growing out of your teenage vanity, sacrificing yourself for greater good, saving villians, etc.

Also, Aunt May was so fucking hot. what the fuck was that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Eh 7/10 maybe, honestly it doesn't rank as high as their other recent successions.

Go figure seeing as he's Marvel's most popular super hero...or he was anyway.

There were a couple of funny quips "Karen: this is your chance Peter, kiss her!" at the most random of moments, and there was a lot of setups for gags that really didn't land, even though they should have.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There were a couple of funny quips "Karen: this is your chance Peter, kiss her!" at the most random of moments, and there was a lot of setups for gags that really didn't land, even though they should have.

Karen was amazing and one of two of the best parts of the movie, but for all she brought to the table, her presence really dwarfed the character of Spider-Man and who he is.

This was a "high school movie", very literally, with a super hero. A 6-7/10 is a fair rating. Keaton was a fucking 10/10, though. Fuckin' nailed it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Karen was amazing and one of two of the best parts of the movie, but for all she brought to the table, her presence really dwarfed the character of Spider-Man and who he is.

This was a "high school movie", very literally, with a super hero. A 6-7/10 is a fair rating. Keaton was a fucking 10/10, though. Fuckin' nailed it.

Yea, Spider-man doesn't have an AI, and he's not Tony Stark's errand boy, thus it doesn't feel much like Spider-Man.

• 2Like