Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I had one very minor complaint thinking about it afterwards
I know it's kind of stupid to be nitpicky in a movie where spider-pig beats an anime mecha-scorpion to death with a physics defying cartoon mallet, but Gwen being a student at the exclusive private school makes no sense on any level ;p

I'd say it was more of a plot contrivance more than anything. She showed herself to be a (perhaps most) competent spider hero, and she did say her spider sense drew her there (presumably since Miles was the only spiderman left alive in that universe). She also managed to infiltrate Alchemex in the one day she had been there, so managing to get into class and blend in during a video presentation is hardly her biggest sneaking feat.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just saw this, I will agree with Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus that it's the best Sony Spiderman effort to day IMHO. I was concerned when I read that "they made him EXTRA BLACK" article. But after seeing the movie I think it was just that authors reading what they wanted into the movie. Everything in it felt natural and nothing came across as "making a political/racial/social statement" which was astonishingly refreshing.

One thing......
As I mentioned in the Stan Lee RIP thread the first cameo after this death was going to be a pot shot as to how hard it would hit. And they really went right into the feels. Perfect line, perfect cameo... I will not comment on if crying happened. Then the quote after the ending....

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Inque

FunEmployed
Watched it. Loved the post credit scene. The one thing Sony didn't screw up at all. Yet.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I let it brew in my mind all weekend and I'd say it's the best superhero movie this year in my books.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Great movie. Only woke shit I remember was Peter Parker's line about gender bias or something in the labs. Whatever though, this was fun as hell.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Safe to take a 6 year old who got scared and made me turn Labyrinth off?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Safe to take a 6 year old who got scared and made me turn Labyrinth off?
This is part of Miles' established comic backstory, so I don't consider it too spoilery, but I'll tag it just in case.

The movie does have the Peter Parker from Miles' universe getting killed. It's not graphic, and basically happens just off-camera, but I could conceivably see some six-year-olds being upset by it.

Aside from that, you should be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I let it brew in my mind all weekend and I'd say it's the best superhero movie this year in my books.

I mean... Infinity War is a 2018 release so thats a bit insane.

Saw this today in dolby 2D, really enjoyed it, don't think its a 9.5/10 or anything like Rotten Tomatoes does, I'd say its more a 8/10 (Infinity War is a 9.5/10 for me). Some of the characters were underdeveloped but with a 105 min runtime I could see why they couldn't squeeze any more into the movie. Definitely worth a watch in theaters, if you can I'd say watch in 3D IMAX the colors are intense and a lot of "trippy" scenes that I imagine will be very cool in 3D. The only 3D IMAX runtimes in my area are at 11pm at night, i'm too old to be watching cartoons outside home that late :(

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I mean... Infinity War is a 2018 release so thats a bit insane.

I stand by my statement

IW is fantastic, but personally I find Spider Man just a liiiiitle bit better.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just to put into context, my favorite MCU movies are:

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Spider Man Homecoming
3. Iron Man (1)

Do I have a ... type? ;-)

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just to put into context, my favorite MCU movies are:

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Spider Man Homecoming
3. Iron Man (1)

Do I have a ... type? ;-)
Tessa Thompson, Cate Blanchett
Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, Laura Harrier
Gwyneth Paltrow, Leslie Bibb

Should we rank them?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tessa Thompson, Cate Blanchett
Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, Laura Harrier
Gwyneth Paltrow, Leslie Bibb

Should we rank them?
Seeing your list, I realized that I must be a huge racist (in SJW terms). I would absolutely throw my dick at all of them, but Tessa Thompson, Laura Harrier and Zendaya are the bottom of my list.
Maybe I'd rank Cate Blanchett closer to Zendaya... Leslie Bibb takes the top spot with Marisa Tomei in 2nd. Then Gwyneth.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Da fuc?

Emo goth Cate Blanchett is delicious

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Good movie. Loved the style, the comic book influences, the filter effects to make it look like a comic book page, the colours and effects all looked fantastic. 12fps animation was shit though, I get there trying to make it seem like a comic book come to life or something but it did not lend itself well to the action scenes, which weren't that great and pretty forgettable. Pretty weak final act. Miles arc is pretty underdeveloped.

Some nitpicky shit bothered me but that's me being nitpicky fuck. Hopefully this does well enough to warrant sequels and more movies like this cause I'd love to see more high budget animated stuff that wasn't Pixar/Disney.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the movie was great and the animation look was awesome. The thing that really bothered me was the fps the movie was shot in. I know what they were going for but it felt like playing a PC game and getting shitty framerate in some spots.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from this. God damn was that entertaining. The music was great. Hell, the introduction of Miles trying to learn a song was awesome. Humor was spot on. Asian chick was funny. I really enjoyed this movie. I'm going to purchase it on bluray.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like