Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

spronk

FPS noob

should end the weekend in the $260-270m domestic, $575-600m worldwide (sans China) box office. Basically right behind Infinity War and End Game in the record books.

also lol at Matrix opening in 4 days, poor timing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

should end the weekend in the $260-270m domestic, $575-600m worldwide (sans China) box office. Basically right behind Infinity War and End Game in the record books.

also lol at Matrix opening in 4 days, poor timing
Dont forget day and date on HBO for free. Fucking paying to see tranny scifi.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I cant believe this shit it going to pass star wars and infinity war

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i can believe it. spidey is a huge property. spidey movie with overwhelming positive word of mouth. its going to be unprecedentedly epic

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Homsar

It being during the pandemic just makes it that much more impressive, movie going to be at the theatre for a long damn time

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best MCU movie imo. That was a love letter to the fans for all the reboots etc.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It being during the pandemic just makes it that much more impressive, movie going to be at the theatre for a long damn time
To be fair it's at 2 years into the pandemic when people are starting to not give a fuck and want back to normal.

• 1Like

Homsar

Well that and there has been 0 good blockbusters for 2 years for most part

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i can believe it. spidey is a huge property. spidey movie with overwhelming positive word of mouth. its going to be unprecedentedly epic
Wasn’t Spider-Man original with Toby the first movie to ever gross over 100m in a weekend?

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I remember the 1st spiderman with Tobey Mcguire released and was #1 opening weekend at like 125 million back then. I saw it 4x in theater. It restarted comic movies... spiderman has been big since the beginning, they just milked it too hard and it lost a lot of its luster till Holland and the MCU.

Homsar

Uh hello, Tenet.
i watched it once and never planned on watching it again, didnt it lose a shit ton of money?

I remember the 1st spiderman with Tobey Mcguire released and was #1 opening weekend at like 125 million back then. I saw it 4x in theater. It restarted comic movies... spiderman has been big since the beginning, they just milked it too hard and it lost a lot of its luster till Holland and the MCU.
I remember making bets in class on what would make more money opening weekend between spiderman and harry potter

Last edited:

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Crazy when you make a good story not driven by a bullshit political agenda people flock to the theaters COVID or not. Hopefully this will throw a wrench into the woke movie movement

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wasn’t Spider-Man original with Toby the first movie to ever gross over 100m in a weekend?
yup. the thing about Spidey is, he is huge worldwide. i'm actually surprised this hasnt hit the China market. i'm sure they love Spidey there too. bootlegs probably cant be made fast enough.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there are a ton of things in play with this movie...on top of what Chuk said of course is tying and incorporating more than half a dozen movies from the same exact property together in a way that they have not done so far in the MCU. We've seen a lot of major shit in all the MCU movies...but not what they pulled off in this. Fucking crazy they are still pushing shit of this caliber out this long into the run. The main conceit of this film is one of the worst kept secrets so far in the MCU, and they nevertheless exceeded expectations. And everyone is starting to hear about it.

It does indeed, but this feels right up there with the cultural phenom of IW and Endgame. The movie theater I saw this at both times felt like pre-pandemic times if you could ignore everyone in a mask. Fucking packed and such a positive vibe, so good to be a theatre with people reacting like they did.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Just got the gang together and saw this today. I liked it a lot. Probably my favorite MCU movie since Infinity War/Endgame and one of the upper tier ones in general. Good shit.

• 1Like