Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After second watch i think ill put it right out of top 5 since its such a huge drag the first half in second viewing

My to 5 is
Iron man
Winter soldier
civil war
Infininty war
Ragnorak, Gotg1, No way home

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Shit, amongst all the other things in this movie, I somehow managed to forget "I'm a really good lawyer." All that coyness about bringing Charlie Cox back when/if they do Daredevil again, and the fucker pops up in a movie like a week later.

Homsar

Shit, amongst all the other things in this movie, I somehow managed to forget "I'm a really good lawyer." All that coyness about bringing Charlie Cox back when/if they do Daredevil again, and the fucker pops up in a movie like a week later.
That was the best part out of the first hour, Strange was good but not interesting like he should have been. Hopfully his movie goes into the darkside like everyone is guessing

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ned in the comics was hobgoblin, someone correct me if I am wrong, as like a giant pseudo shock reveal. Like Hobgoblin was terrorizing NYC, no one knew who it was, including the writers, and it was only revealed when he turned up throat slit. Which surprised the people writing the main line Spider-Man book, as much as everyone else. It was revealed in a Spider-Man Wolverine crossover book or something like that.
i guess that was later, my cousin was a huge comic nerd and my aunt let me read his comics when i visited. these were all comics from the 60s. he liked Spidey, Richie Rich and Archie. when i would buy newer comics from my time late 70s it was a lot different. i remember stuff from the 60s mostly. Spidey is my favorite. though i did learn alot from Archie. mostly that brunettes and redheads dont get along. lol.

• 1Garbage

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Feels like Infinity War... that's how good this was. Was entertained from start to finish in the most MCU way, but let's be real... we knew this would be the outcome. Did you honestly think this film was going to be shitty? LoL, of course not.

This was thiiiiis close to the Sinister Six! I get that it's just going full meta and tying up all 3 franchises together but we were soooo close to seeing the Sinister Six :) Remember the ending credit scene with Vulture in jail with Mac Gargan, aka Scorpion? That thread is still left dangling out there, Feige!

But yeah, 5 star movie, easy. The comedy is so self-aware and on point too. Great action. Tragic losses. Huge callbacks. Let's be real: it's a fucking wonderful film.

Here's a very small soundbite to my theatre's reaction.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I made a post about that earlier into the thread.

Xarpolis said:
My favorite unexpected scene in the movie was really early in. First 1/4 of the movie. A rock was caught. That was pretty cool.

velk

Trakanon Raider
More fanservice than a decade of fan fiction writers, only made into a coherent and entertaining whole, with genuinely touching moments.

Judging from the noises in the theatre, I think several hardcore spiderman fans actually climaxed while watching it.

Two thumbs up.

Welcome back to my boy, WhatIf Strange.

I mean, I was probably going to watch the Strange movie anyway, but I had no particular expectations for it - Strange 1 was the 'good but no great' category. Now I am really looking forward to it.

Also it appears that an accountant at Sony, after many years of thankless effort, actually managed to get the execs to understand that even though 100% is more than 50%, 100% of some money can still be less than 50% of all the moneys. Strange but true.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I can't wait to see the numbers this will generate.

This is what we like... non-woke shit decimating the box office. Just make a good movie people!

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well it looks like the movie is doing ok at the box office. Estimate are $250M opening, 3rd best ever. Looking at $500M worldwide without China.

I guess you make a good enough movie and people will go see it, pandemic or no pandemic.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was the only one who cheered at the brick catching scene made me sad :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

My hope is that marvel gets the balls to do some R rated movies. Not holding my breath with the house of mouse, but if they would realistically take in the tone of the shows, could make for some good stories with better budgets.

Never watched the actual punisher series since someone told me he lets a kid fucker go free, but the scenes in the DD show about nailed him.

Sevens

Log Wizard
My hope is that marvel gets the balls to do some R rated movies. Not holding my breath with the house of mouse, but if they would realistically take in the tone of the shows, could make for some good stories with better budgets.

Never watched the actual punisher series since someone told me he lets a kid fucker go free, but the scenes in the DD show about nailed him.
The house of mouse has said the new Dead pool MCU movies will be R. Maybe they can use the Fox Banner to make R movie...didnt Disney use to do this with touchstone?

They also own Hulu so as to stream these more mature movies...but the did show the full naked ass of wolverine on disney so maybe they are loosing up a bit?

I dont remember The Punisher letting a chomo go in the series, I could be wrong though.

Pogi.G

I don't remember The Punisher letting a pedo go in the series, but I could be wrong. That said, The Punisher series could be a bit slow at times, but other than that, it was f'n great.

Cybsled

He didn't let him go. Frank went into the store to get some weapons and stuff, then the guy offered to sell him some of that shit. Then Frank closes the curtains on the front of the shop or whatever and while they don't show the act, it is pretty implied he kills the dude.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He didn't let him go. Frank went into the store to get some weapons and stuff, then the guy offered to sell him some of that shit. Then Frank closes the curtains on the front of the shop or whatever and while they don't show the act, it is pretty implied he kills the dude.
Yeah, but he heard second hand information that says the opposite. So who's right?