Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna lie this is the first Marvel movie I can legit say I'm looking forward to since Infinity War. Yeah Endgame was great but we all knew how that movie was going to go.

That's because it's not technically a Marvel movie.

It's telling that this looks better than any MCU shit since Infinity War. MCU is dead.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I’m not the hugest Strange fan, but if he seems to be out of character in the trailer, maybe it’s Strange from another reality that took our Stranges place before the movie starts, trapping him in the multiverse which results in MoM?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Strange using magic to make everyone forget spidermans identify is right from the comics.

There were complications, from friends/family forgetting. But not break the multiverse ones.

Not a fan of superhero creates a problem bigger then any supervillian every could storylines.... Ultron at least gets a pass for a more sound basis. good goals, reasonable methods..

This... "lets use mind control on the Earth, for purely selfish reasons". "oops, it went even worse them planned."

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
And in the past at one point in the comics I seem to remember Peter having Dr Strange do exactly this to make everybody forget his identity.... Although I don't think that version involved any multiversal hijinks.
It didn't, but he did make a deal with the devil:

and it wouldn't shock me to see Jake Gyllenhaal back as a variant Mysterio who maybe has real powers instead of a drone fleet.
IIRC Mysterio doesn't have "powers" in so much that his abilities come from himself: he's always used some type of exterior special effects to achieve the illusion of having powers. The closest thing to having powers I guess would be his hallucinogenic gas, which wasn't used in Far From Home

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Strange helping Spider-Man could be a convergence of overconfidence and his emotional attachment to a friend overriding his common sense. It could also be, "I've done this hundreds of times before, something must have happened to the multiverse to make things go wrong this time."

I'm also curious how much screen time Dr. Strange will get. He can't be really involved in any fights against Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, etc. because even if you put them together, they're no match for him. E.g. there's absolutely no way for them to counter his magic: "Okay I separated your souls from your bodies. We'll talk tomorrow after you've calmed down."

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's because it's not technically a Marvel movie.

It's telling that this looks better than any MCU shit since Infinity War. MCU is dead.
yeah, its gotten to the point where a Sony movie is more focused on story than representation. you know Marvel wanted to make Spidey , Captain Marvel's comedy sidekick in his next movie. Sony shit themselves in anger and broke up the deal they had with the MCU. took a while for them to patch things up.

• 1Garbage

Caliane

Strange helping Spider-Man could be a convergence of overconfidence and his emotional attachment to a friend overriding his common sense. It could also be, "I've done this hundreds of times before, something must have happened to the multiverse to make things go wrong this time."

I'm also curious how much screen time Dr. Strange will get. He can't be really involved in any fights against Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, etc. because even if you put them together, they're no match for him. E.g. there's absolutely no way for them to counter his magic: "Okay I separated your souls from your bodies. We'll talk tomorrow after you've calmed down."
well, "make everyone forget peter parker". easy way for this to happen is boot Peter parker from the universe.

So, Peter gets erased from MCU. gets sent to an alternate universe. Either needs to find his own way back to MCU. and when he does, none of the Avengers remember him. or, maybe Strange does, but, still had to spend the entire movie searching the multiverse for him. or maybe the movie even ends with Strange just starting to look for Peter. And, strange searching for Peter in the multiverse, is the source for "multiverse of madness".

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It didn't, but he did make a deal with the devil:

IIRC Mysterio doesn't have "powers" in so much that his abilities come from himself: he's always used some type of exterior special effects to achieve the illusion of having powers. The closest thing to having powers I guess would be his hallucinogenic gas, which wasn't used in Far From Home
Please don’t remind us about One More Day.

• 1Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
So close to a sinister six movie it's un fucking real.

goblin
sandman
lizard
doc oc
electro
Mysterio????

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Just swap Mysterio for Vulture.....

Vulture is probably not gonna be a villain anymore after the end of Homecoming, but remember they introduced Scorpion at the end of that movie, so he's going to show up at some point as a minor villain.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

3E50078B-20EE-458F-8942-56CEACF0BA1B.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Emma's a little old to be doing a college age Spider-Gwen, and i fully expect some Into the Spiderverse references.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't she die? I think that's better to have happy married MJ Spiderman with Tobey, brooding dead Gwen Spiderman with Garfield, and then new-to-the-game Spiderman with Holland.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Looks like pretty desperate nostalgia-bait. Sad how these types of movies immediately fall off a cliff outside the Marvel Studio.

• 3Garbage
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like pretty desperate nostalgia-bait. Sad how these types of movies immediately fall off a cliff outside the Marvel Studio.
i got news for you. the entire MCU is nostalgia bait. these are based on 50 year old comic book stories. the new stuff doesnt sell. i can guarantee you that Spiderman NWH will be the only giant hit of this year and the next for Marvel and its a Sony movie.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
It is pretty cool they are keeping the original actors for the villains.

Only thing they need to stop doing is using that ghey Ironspiderman suit.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Qhue

Trump's Staff
You can't recork that genie. Once you establish that you can have nanotech super armor it would be silly to go back to wearing Spanx.